3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What do you think of Alli? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/115626-what-do-you-think-alli.html)

gettingsmaller 06-20-2007 10:36 AM

I paid over $100.00 a month for the RX. Of course I only used it for that month. I took me a good 3 weeks before the side effects started. I did not eat a high fat meal. I was sitting at work and just felt something running down my leg. No warning, no gas, nothing. It just happened. So for you that are going to try it, take an extra pair of pants and undies and I would advise to wear a thick pad at all times, because it will happen. It is just when and where. It took about a week to totally get out of my system.
On the positive side, I did notice a weight loss of about 6lbs.
Terrie

NightengaleShane 06-20-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettingsmaller (Post 1740419)
I paid over $100.00 a month for the RX. Of course I only used it for that month. I took me a good 3 weeks before the side effects started. I did not eat a high fat meal. I was sitting at work and just felt something running down my leg. No warning, no gas, nothing. It just happened. So for you that are going to try it, take an extra pair of pants and undies and I would advise to wear a thick pad at all times, because it will happen. It is just when and where. It took about a week to totally get out of my system.
On the positive side, I did notice a weight loss of about 6lbs.
Terrie

Ew, unconsciously incontinent!

I don't know... I don't think a 6 pound loss is worth it for that.

I feel so bad for everyone doing Alli.

trooworld 06-20-2007 12:36 PM

I am tempted to try it, but I am afraid of pooping myself. I may try it, I don't know. I am that desperate and if it makes me lose an extra couple of pounds a week, then it would be worth it to me. The biggest thing that bugs me about losing weight is how much time it takes. If I can shorten that time, I am willing to try it. But I don't know, I've tried to eat less than 15g of fat per serving and it is hard because I mostly eat a vegetarian diet and we eat a lot of cheese. I don't think I will try it though, because of the price. And I will have to see what others on the board that have tried it think.

gettingsmaller 06-20-2007 02:01 PM

Trooworld the discharge you have is not poop. It is an orangish-oily type discharge that has no smell. It does stain your clothes, that is why I recommend wearing a pad. I know people who has not had this reaction. Also I was probably getting in more fat than I thought at the time. I was eating fish and taking my omega 3, and never counted that. Other than that i was getting less than 20 grams of fat a day.
Terrie

Gamerchick 06-20-2007 02:30 PM

Another diet product people pick up in hopes it will work, but has a greater chance in making you feel more hopeless, and messing with your body.

I don't believe in ANY type of weight loss drug. They're unnatural, and WHY would someone submit themselves to that?

It makes people think they're hopeless when it doesn't work. I just think it's all stupid fads. Drop the drugs, get out for a walk and make better choices.

And most importantly, be patient and trust in yourself.

JayEll 06-20-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Trooworld the discharge you have is not poop.
gettingsmaller, if it comes out of where I think it comes out of, then it qualifies as poop! :lol: Think about it! Eeeeuuuwwww! :lol3:

Jay

Altari 06-20-2007 02:56 PM

So...it gives you Crohn's? I already have enough problems with my digestive tract after losing my gallbladder...I think I'll pass...

gettingsmaller 06-20-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

gettingsmaller, if it comes out of where I think it comes out of, then it qualifies as poop! Think about it! Eeeeuuuwwww!

Jay
You are right :lol::joker::rofl::rofl:
Terrie

LLV 06-20-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightengaleShane (Post 1740542)
Ew, unconsciously incontinent!

I don't know... I don't think a 6 pound loss is worth it for that.

Nope, not worth it to me, either.

I'll lose the 6 pounds myself, thanks.

trooworld 06-20-2007 03:50 PM

Orangish-oily discharge, yuck. Does a lot of it come out or just a little (okay, now I am getting gross...maybe too much information?) I would be so afraid of that that I would eat as little fat as possible. I just don't think I can eat less than 15g of fat a serving. I tried for a week and did okay but I like a lot of variety in my food and I just can't eat steamed veggies and rice and soup all the time...plus, I eat mostly vegetarian so I couldn't eat lowfat meats. I think I will stay away from it for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettingsmaller (Post 1740756)
Trooworld the discharge you have is not poop. It is an orangish-oily type discharge that has no smell. It does stain your clothes, that is why I recommend wearing a pad. I know people who has not had this reaction. Also I was probably getting in more fat than I thought at the time. I was eating fish and taking my omega 3, and never counted that. Other than that i was getting less than 20 grams of fat a day.
Terrie

Shayz 06-20-2007 07:35 PM

I think perhaps what people are not understanding is that you are in complete control of the side effects. Eat a meal with too much fat while taking Alli and you will get side effects. Eat 15 grams of fat or less with your meals while you are taking the product and you will not get the side effects. It is all up to you.

mom2cole 06-20-2007 07:43 PM

We sell this were I work and we were joking that it is not a diet pill but a punishment for not staying on your diet! We should add a shelf of Depends to the bottom of the display!

baffled111 06-20-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2cole (Post 1741198)
We sell this were I work and we were joking that it is not a diet pill but a punishment for not staying on your diet! We should add a shelf of Depends to the bottom of the display!

It sounds like a punishment! What a horrible product! The idea seems to be that if you fail to keep your fat grams under 15 grams then you deserve to have orange, oily, poopy, leakage. Ugh. I guess if one was motivated by shame, it might work, otherwise it just seems unnecessarily punitive and humiliating.

It seems to me that self-discipline and a willingness to forgive yourself for an occasional screw-up is a much better approach to limiting fat intake.

Yuck.

JayEll 06-20-2007 08:12 PM

And let's not forget that we PAY the company for this privilege!

<rant goes here about drug companies> :mad:

Jay

Gamerchick 06-20-2007 08:18 PM

Ugh. This is horrible! Even our own body isn't that mean to us when we slip up.