Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

View Poll Results: Do you like long or short threads?
Long 9 75.00%
Short 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 07:46 AM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Question Do you like long or short threads?

These short threads seem to be time consuming for some of us. I would like to have the long threads back. New people get lost trying to find where they posted if they come in on the end of a thread. What's your vote....Long or Short?
Old 12-06-2001, 01:39 PM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi Marlana

I see several people have read your request but few have responded.
I think us "older" members are creatures of habit. We tend to like the old way better.
I know a lot of people don't like scrolling long threads.
It seems to me that they have the option of starting a new thread everyday if they wish to keep them short. We are not left we an option to keep them long.

But .. on the other hand .... they now tell you how many pages are on each thread before you open it. They also have the pages listed at the top and bottom of each thread. I think most will figure it out.

Our group is also taking our own little poll to decide how we want to handle the new format. I do know for myself.... I get tired of starting new ones so often. So with the choices given us at this time... I have voted to go to a second page and continue starting a new thread after 28-30 posts.

I don't know if any of that helps you or answers your question but just thought I would respond.
Miss visiting with you daily.
Old 12-07-2001, 12:49 AM   #3  
Domestic Engineer

Just wondering how many posts is considered long or short?
Old 12-07-2001, 02:39 AM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Angry Short or long?

I find my computer balks at opening large threads ... and even if the preview shows a third or fourth page to click on, I sometimes have to then open another page to read previous posts if I missed any before the page turned over. So I think two pages is my favorite length!

Also, it seems as though threads get kind of tired or depressing sometimes, so it's cool to move on ... to turn a new page, so to speak! Just my 2 cents.

Plus, even if a new thread is started, anyone who wants to stay on the old one has the option to do that and keep it long.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-07-2001 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-07-2001, 07:01 AM   #5  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Jelynn~~Before, we could write on a thread up to about 25 or 30 post. Now it's 14 or 15. Before, the girls had the option of starting a new when ever they wanted, with 10, 15 post, what ever suited them, they could have started a new thread everyday if they wanted. But now the threads are so short that, for instance, yesterday morning when I come in to answer the post, I had to go to one thread and read answer the post on page 1, then on the same thread I had to go to page 2, then I had to go to the new thread someone had made and answer. It's just too much. I wish we had the option of having 25 post on each thread.
Old 12-07-2001, 01:43 PM   #6  
Domestic Engineer

I agree Marlana, 25- 30 was a really nice number of posts. I prefer not to have to scroll too much and don't like over 2 page threads.
My.02
Old 12-08-2001, 08:35 AM   #7  

I get an e-mail when someone has added to a thread I go to, I read it and move forwrd, I don't have time to go back....so long or short, it doesn't matter to me...Liz in Canada
Old 12-08-2001, 04:31 PM   #8  
Senior Chick

I voted for the longer threads because I use the email to get there most of the time and don't have to worry about scrolling through it from the beginning.

Happy Holidays Everyone
Old 12-09-2001, 11:08 PM   #9  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi again.

A friend of mine found a solution for all of us. I saw it earlier but never tried it. She did and it works!!!
Here is her letter she wrote.....

I wrote to Suzanne about the page lengths and did you know that we can each control the number of posts that appear on a page??? I bet you didn't! Anyway, If you would like to see more posts per page, go to 'profile' at the top of the page. Then on the next screen chose 'edit options'. Then go down quite aways and you will find a spot that says something about posts per page. You will probably find that 'per forum default' or something shows up in the window. Well, if you pull that window down you will see that you can select 30 posts, 60 posts, whatever you want. And best of all.....it WORKS! I now have set mine to 30 posts per page and so whenever someone starts a new thread....cool and if no one does, then when I get to MY second page (30 posts) I'll start a new one. See what you all think.

Give it a try and see how you like it. Let me know.
I hope it helps everyone.
Closed Thread