Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/190

Height: 5'4

Default help me through this

I really need some support. I have 89 lbs to lose I know I can do it, but, I got so upset last night , had a HUGE fight with my mom and now today I am eating things I know are NO NOs and I haven't taken my walk today or done anything really for the matter. I am just so hurt and angery I can't make myself move without feeling so much rage and maddness.
So, please remind me why I need to get off my butt and get outside.
Sorry, I'm blubbering on but, I just can't help it right now!

~Jenn
JennelleV86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:52 PM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

I'm sorry you feel so crappy and angry...but you can work out your anger by exercising too....I have punched the X-H several times (imaginary) when doing Tae-Bo.

usually after expending your energy you'll feel calmer about an arguement or issue. If you just sit still and let yourself simmer, over-eat, you'll have a more difficult time moving past the issues.

If you stepped on the scale and saw the damage, how would you feel?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #3  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

Put that rage to work for you. Grab your cd player or MP3 player, load up some angry music (I like Limp Bizkit), and get steppin'!
BeezKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #4  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

I get stuck like this too. Though we ask for and really want the motivation to get our butts in gear, it doesn't always work.

So take their advice FIRST, but if that doesn't work, take mine: forgive yourself, the sooner the better, and get back on track!
JLynne126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/205/150

Hi Jenn!

I know it's hard to get up and go out sometimes when you're not in the mood, but you know what? after 20 min walking, you just feel so much better, you think things over and clear your mind. If you're not much into excersice like myself, try starting really easy. 5 min of slow walk for warming up, ten min of brisk pace and then 5 more minutes to cool down. then when you feel good with that, add 2 minutes to the fast walking every week, you won't even notice the difference, but will sure notice it
Vega Botain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #6  

I have the same problem with my mom and husband, if we fight/argue, it leads me to food for "comfort", but that doesn't solve the problem, it only creates another one. Your feelings will control your eating as long as you let them. Take charge!! You argued, you may not have felt like you presented yourself in the way you would like, but it's over. There is no win/lose during the argument, just how you handle it after to make yourself a better person!! I've decided I'm in charge of me and refuse to let others control my emotions and eating is an emotion to me. Food/feelings are two seperate things and one should not control the other. Good luck!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #7  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

You will definitely get a lot of that stress and frustration off your chest once you work out! So just do it and you'll feel much better!! We're all here for you so keep your head up and smile!
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Remember all the progress you've made.

Picture new summer clothes and YOU in them.

You can fume while you're walking.

You can make it a BTN day (better than nothing)...go for just a short walk.

Put on your workout duds.

Put on your shoes.

Head toward the door.

Just...do...it.

Because you can!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/250/190

Height: 5'4

Thanks, you guys are great! After I posted , I actually got of the computer and went outside to take the trash out, walked the dog for a little bit and got the mail. I felt much better , so, I came in and cleaned my room ... completely! Mom & I made up and forgave eachother this afternoon. I am feeling much better. Thank you, all for your advice and help.
~Jenn
JennelleV86 is offline   Reply With Quote