Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2007, 01:25 AM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default I'm breaking out

I'm starting to notice pimples. I really think it is due to increased working out and sweating. I think my body is pushing out toxins.

I haven't changed my facial washes or anything like that.

So, do you think I'm right?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:49 AM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Well, I don't know about the toxin part. But I do think that working out and the oil and sweat that that makes my body produce definately make me break out. Which is such a discouragement for me to exercise.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I break out right on my sports bra line. Irritating. But I use a 2% salicylic acid spray on my back and it helps quite a bit.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:57 AM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I'm not discouraged at all. I'm really thinking that it is something positive happening to me. (NOW THAT SAID! I DID NOT FEEL THIS WAY WHEN I WAS PUBERING!) LOL
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:54 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

The skin is an organ of elimination, so I do think that it's not unusual to have a break out when one's diet and exercise changes. It shouldn't go on indefinitely, though.

I get heat rash from my bra sometimes--and there are good products that help with that. One of them is called "Soothing Care" chafing relief powder-gel. Also helps with underarm rash not caused by a reaction to an antipersperant.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #6  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Mare!

Are you working out at a gym? I know that my sons are fanatical about showering as soon as they get in from the Y after using the equipment. Even equipment that you have at home that only YOU use can be a culprit! Clean everything with a disinfectant spray, and shower with antibacterial soap.

I live in a family of athletes, so there's always gear around everywhere! Sweat is FULL of bacteria! Wash your hands a lot. We don't realize how many times we put our hands to our face throughout a day!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

My personal opinion is that disinfectant sprays and antibacterial soaps are unnecessary. Sure, you need to wash your hands--but plain old soap and hot water is just fine. Same goes for surfaces: Wipe them off with detergent and water and let them dry. The drying does as much as anything. If viruses are an issue, you can use a cleaner like plain old ammonia. We don't have to "Lysol" every darned thing!

I almost never wash my face with soap or any kind of cleanser--plain warm water is as far as I go. I have virtually no problem with breakouts.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:38 PM   #8  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
My personal opinion is that disinfectant sprays and antibacterial soaps are unnecessary. Sure, you need to wash your hands--but plain old soap and hot water is just fine. Same goes for surfaces: Wipe them off with detergent and water and let them dry. The drying does as much as anything. If viruses are an issue, you can use a cleaner like plain old ammonia. We don't have to "Lysol" every darned thing!
I agree with you--I think a lot of these products are dangerous to us. What's worse, a surface with human-caused bacteria on it or a surface covered in manufactured chemicals? And I think antibacterial soaps are similarly "overkill". Just my opinion.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/234/160

Height: 5'11"

I've noticed the same break out in the past couple of weeks. I think the sweat etc is definitely the culprit. It's hard for me to wash my face or shower because I work out before coming into work.

What I've started doing, though, is putting a few cotton balls in a ziploc bag with a bit of astringent poured in with it. Then, after I work out, I just wipe my face down with the astringent - and that seems to have worked out well.

Just a matter of getting all that gunk off
msnewbooty is offline   Reply With Quote