Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-14-2007, 03:02 AM   #1  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Default Confession *aCk*

God I hate this. But I must confess.. I went off plan today.. the first time in over a week. BOO.. anyways.. here is my menu and the (*) denotes the unplanned...

1c Kashi Go Lean Crunch and 1/2c of nonfat milk
1 cup of Yoplait Low Fat Yogurt, 1 banana w/ 1.5 graham cracker sheets
2 back to nature cookies ( so good.. no perservatives and no HFC)
1 flatbread w/ turkey and lettuce and 1oz of cheese
*** 1c of banana pudding**** ( thanks to the people at work)
1/2c of cottage cheese and 15 Kashi Tasty little crackers..
***** 2 cups of Kashi Go Lean Crunch and 1c nonfat milk****

Doesnt look like alot of food.. but its like 2000 calories because Kashi go Lean has alot of calories 190cal per serving and I wasnt even hungry when I ate it.. but I was feeling snacky today.. I had my day planned at 1500 cals.. and I over shot by 500 cals.. and according to fitday.. I just BARELY burned more than I ate.. boooooo.. oh well.. I feel a deficit coming on tomorrow and thursday.. because I cant deficit 500cal in ONE day.. no way. SO.. the action plan for tomorrow is 1350cal and 1350 for thursday... thats still only 300cal.. but ya know what.. oh freakin' well lol.. I will take that.. I can just pretend I am zig zaging right? Blah.. I just hate this because I feel so freaking guilty. Check out my fitday.. yes.. entered.. it.. all of it.. fitday usually counts calories a little high.. so maybe its wrong about that banana pudding. lol
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:16 AM   #2  

Truthfully, I wouldn't stress over this - yes, you went over the calories that you had planned for yourself, but you went over with foods that are for the most part very healthy and full of good things for you! All that fibre in the Kashi counts for something, too - all in all I would say it looks like a great day. A little heavy on the Kashi , but certainly nothing to hang your head in shame over.

One thing I've learned in my time here (I was a lurker looooong before I was a poster!) is that trying to cut back the day after rarely works. I think the very best thing you can do for yourself is wipe the slate clean as of now, and start tomorrow as a brand new day - no leftover punishment, guilt or shame from today. Your "bad day" is MILES ahead of many peoples' GOOD day, honestly. If I went over my calories one day with mostly high quality food, I would still consider that a victory given where most of my calories *used* to come from! Chin up, and keep going. There's absolutely no need to beat yourself up over this.
sugarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:22 AM   #3  
Is on an Infinite Cut

awww.. thank you... thats a very nice post. I am really hard on myself. Im a perfectionist, and I have to be the best at everything.. and when Im not.. ( which is often because I *am* human) it eats me alive. See things from another perspective really does help me though..so thank you
Old 03-14-2007, 07:17 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey girl! Sounds like that banana pudding triggered you! Musta been all those carbs crying out for friends!

Just get back on track--that's the best thing to do. Don't start playing the eat more/eat less game. You'll do fine. Just stay away from those durned banana puddings!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

I actually do the eating more/then less thing naturally, and its been working like a charm. It ends up being an unplanned form of zigzagging. I eat on plan and by the fourth day I'm pretty hungry (and I'm eating say 1500 per day so not too little), so I'll eat more for a day or two, and then plan on eating less again the next day as I my body now feels more full again. My body has sure been liking this approach and I've been losing this way. I find life is too short for being overly disciplined with oneself and certainly too short to be beating yourself up.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #6  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2ShedLBS View Post
Doesnt look like alot of food.. but its like 2000 calories because Kashi go Lean has alot of calories 190cal per serving
Why do they call it "Go Lean" if it has 190 calories a serving?

LOL

Anyway, yep, we all have those days. Sometimes I'll go back over my fitday log for the day and realize I've had practically NO veggies and I've eaten mostly stuff like bread and snacks and that kind of thing.

But I just tell myself what's done is done and there's no point in beating myself up over something I can't reverse. Then I just get back on track the next day.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #7  
Is on an Infinite Cut

I dont know why they call it Go lean when its 190 cals. lol I like it because its packed with Fiber and protein, I bought some total for days where I dont that the room for extra cals ( yesterday lol) but if you look at the ingredients for total.. its less than appetizing
Old 03-14-2007, 10:50 AM   #8