Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-11-2007, 12:14 AM   #1  
Happy in LA!

S/C/G: 244/224/170

Height: 5'7

Default 10 Week Goal!

Hello All,

I am brand new to 3FC and thank you all for your warm welcomes and support...so, here's me 10 week goal...

I'll be turning 21 on May 16th, and i wanna be on the path to a new healthier lifestyle by then so, GOAL #1 is to lose 20 pounds by my b-day! I think this i s a realistic goal if i stick to it, right!? I'm still looking for support buddies so please please PLEASE let me know if you're willing to help...wish me luck ladies!

CaLisa
calisa86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:58 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey calisa86, glad to see you here! It's a good idea to have a goal to aim for--good for you! It may be realistic--I'm not sure about that because it would mean more than 2 pounds per week--but it might work for you. Give it a try--what plan are you going to follow?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:44 PM   #3  
Happy in LA!

im not really following any specific plan...just eat right and move daily.

i'm fairly active...i like to hike,volleyball, jog in the park, joggin on the beach, take the dogs out, and i actually enjoy the gym BUT i'm a full time student (class four days a week 8am - 5pm, with an hour and a half drive home at the end of the day) so i get home, im beat, and throughout the day i've been munchin on what ever crap i can get my hands on.

i've lost weight before doin this:

1.) cuttin the crap- all the junk food i eat i repleace with fresh fruits and veggies or nuts

2.) cooking every meal i eat- i know what im putting in so i know how much exercise to exert to take it off

3.) water water water

4.) be active everyday...i live in Los Angeles, the weather is ridiculously good, bad thing is, its night time by the time i get home and have a chance to enjoy it so during the week i hit the gym...45 - 60 minutes of cardio or a 60 minutes class then 30 - 45 minutes of weights, once i get in there i'm great. problem: gettin there....and gettin there consecutively.

but, yeah, thats my plan, thats what works for me, and thats what im gonna do this time around.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #4  

I don't know If can keep up with that goal, but I'm lookin' to hook up with some buddies. I added you to my list, but I'm not sure what that even means. From your "attractive" post with the gizmo's and color you look computer savvy. Maybe you can give me an IT tip here or there. Good luck. Your no-plan plan sounds a lot like weight watchers if you add portion control. If you like a soda now and then, thats a good first step. When I finally gave up Coke, I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. That was just on 2, sometimes 3 cans a day. August.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #5  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Welcome!! I left L.A. last april and boy do I miss it. I never truly thought I would ever think that, never mind say it. I'll be back there though, to much of Matt and his family business are wrapped up in the SoCal locale. I wish now I HAD taken advantage of being so close to Santa Monica Beach, less than a mile, and used it to work this fat off. Ah well, it's a new day, and now I hike in the mountains, lol.

I pretty much do what you do. Loads of fresh fruits, veggies, lean meats, tofu, whole grains. Steel cut oats and brown rice are kings in this house.
I certainly can't set a 20 lb goal by May 16th, as I've lost alot already and my body is trying to settle into this comfy zone, but I am aiming for 6 lbs by Easter, and then another 6 by Mother's day, so if you just want someone to help you be accountable, I'm all for it.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #6  
Happy in LA!

santa monica beach is great...i go there a couple times a week if i can make it before sunset...now with the time change it may be a daily thing. and AUGUST if you need any comp help just let me know...im no whiz but i know a thing or two.

btw, you guys don't have to reach my goal, i wanna be pals with anyone who has any goal as long as we're all working together and with eachother. this should be really fun! thanks alot ladies!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #7  

Hey, sounds like you've got a good plan in place. We're actually pretty similar in terms of goals and things - I'm also aiming to drop 20lbs by my (19th) birthday (May 25th).

I'm jealous that you are so near a beach! I reckon it'd be good fun to run there. I don't live too far from one, but I have no way of getting there... save walking, but by the time I walk 2hrs there and save some energy for the 2hrs back, it wouldn't really leave me with any time or energy to do an actual workout there, lol.
senorita is offline   Reply With Quote