Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/176/145

Height: 5'4"

Default trying to lose--gettign back on track!

Hi...I've recently signed up and looking for the right support/support group. I haven't come across anything yet that feels like a fit so I figured I start out here and see what comes my way.

I'm a 40yo stay-at-home mom. I have 3 boys 6, 3, and 2. They keep me very busy.

After I had my 3rd child I lost 40 pounds and then...just stopped. I hit a plataeu and then I stopped working at it. I have another 35 pounds to go (before the holidays it was 30...the numbers are going in the wrong direction)

Anyway, I'm looking for some support in this journey...you know someone to tell me to step away from the cookies!! I want to get back on track!
healthy living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey, healthy living!

"Step away from the cookies!"

Welcome! You might want to tell us a bit about what you've been trying, whether you count calories, or carbs, or points, how much you exercise... you know, stuff like that! Maybe some of us will have some suggestions.

Good luck!!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #3  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh yeah, if there's a person on here who didn't take at least five one-pound steps backwards over the holidays, I don't want to know about it. And seriously, 6, 3, and 2? You're a very, very brave woman

Welcome!
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:20 AM   #4  

The 3rd one snuck up on us (it was a really great new years party) He was always in the plans but further down the road...we also thought a girl would be nice...

I've been on WW since approximately birth, so I am most familiar/comfortable with the points program. I also love that nothing is restricted (I like my carbs). I am really good about my exercise. I get in 5-6 days a week: elliptical, weights and yoga. My biggest challenge is food...I love to cook and cook pretty healthily. Daytime snacking and portion control is really where I fall apart!!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #5  

Welcome. I'm am new too but I've found this place to be very supportive so far!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #6  
mummy of one

hello healthy living i hope you enjoy your time here
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #7  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Hello! I found my biggest hurdle was portion control. Even after I lost so much weight, I still struggle with this. I found my best investment so far, to be a 7 dollar scale from Wal-Mart. Thankfully, it was on clearance, since I haunt that aisle, or I wouldn't have thought about it. I started portioning my food out and was AMAZED at how much food I thought a portion was, compared to what it really is. It's better now, I can eyeball most of the things I eat alot of, but I still use it, daily as a check for how I'm doing.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:18 PM   #8  

I guess I should start using my scale again...I got one a while back at a WW meeting. After doing well for so long, I know those portion sizes tend to sneak back up again. The scale is at the back of the cabinet now...
Old 02-21-2007, 01:27 PM   #9  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Dig it out! I know it sounds crazy, for someone to weigh and measure their food, but for Americans, we are SO used to oversized portions, it takes a lot of time and effort to overcome that idea. It literally has been the best purchase I have made for my health.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote