3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Secret Goals? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/104408-secret-goals.html)

phantastica 02-11-2007 02:10 AM

Secret Goals?

I have a secret goal. It's seemingly unrealistic, so unrealistic that I don't want to share it with anybody until I get closer to my goal weight, and until the goal seems a little more do-able.

I want to join an all-female roller derby team.

I looked at two local teams. One seems a lot more professional than the other, so my guess is I should probably shoot for the less professional team first. Skating (roller and ice) is a physical activity I can get excited about, and having a team would provide a little more permanence to adding this activity to my life.

Anybody else have a goal that seems far fetched? I'm afraid if I share this with others who know me, they might think I'm out of my mind because I'm in no shape to be on any sort of athletic team.

dhvaya 02-11-2007 02:20 AM

I want to go back to weighing 115 lbs and having a 20" waist again - just like I did in 1999, the year before I married and started the headlong downhill rush to obesity.

Yes, it seems so intimidating and so pathetic that I do NOT share this with anyone I know in real life. I don't want them to laugh me off the planet. Moreover, not having other people tell me I'm so sad makes me harbor illusions that maybe... just maybe.... when I've hit the 130s, I can go for the magic figure of 115.

FreeSpirit 02-11-2007 02:29 AM

This is going to sound REALLY odd... but I want to be able to wear, and look good in, cute underwear.

sweet_talker 02-11-2007 03:01 AM

I want to stand with my feet closer together, without my thighs touching :lol: and...a little random, i want to fit into my bf's pants. He's got that muscular but super slim thing arghhhhh...

Gamerchick 02-11-2007 03:20 AM

I want to be smaller than my 5'8" 119 boyfriend...and I want to eat less than him. I want him to be able to pick me up and be in wonder, "You are SO light!"

FreeSpirit 02-11-2007 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerchick (Post 1568947)
I want to be smaller than my 5'8" 119 boyfriend...and I want to eat less than him. I want him to be able to pick me up and be in wonder, "You are SO light!"

I'd like to be smaller than my boyfriend, too. I would love to be able to wear his clothes and have them be big on me. I want him to be able to pick me up and swing me around. I want to fit inside of his arms when he holds me.

This is going to sound silly, but, I want his friends to be jealous of him and think that I'm hot.

sweet_talker 02-11-2007 03:31 AM

lovelypurple...that is not silly. I feel the same way.

pixiefalls 02-11-2007 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovelypurple (Post 1568938)
This is going to sound REALLY odd... but I want to be able to wear, and look good in, cute underwear.

You hit the nail on the head.. I am right there with you:). I've always wanted to be able to look good in cute underwear. I'd also LOVE to weigh less than my boyfriend.

phantastica 02-11-2007 04:00 AM

A friend of mine knows it's time to lose weight when she realizes she can no longer fit into her husband's pants.

And yeah, I understand wanting to wear cute underwear. Sometimes I confuse my underwear with my bedsheets. LOL

Tealeaf 02-11-2007 06:53 AM

I want to be able to do a backflip. I have no idea why. I know there is no way at all I'll ever be able to do so. But I want to!

JayEll 02-11-2007 07:34 AM

Being a roller derby woman sounds fun!!! Go ahead and get there!!

I'd like to be at the weight I was at when I did martial arts. Once my weight got too high, I couldn't do it any more because I would get hurt during falls. I'm not about to take up martial arts again, but I'd like to be at that weight.

I wear men's pants generally because they fit my body better than women's, so there's no thrill there. :lol:

Jay

shelby897 02-11-2007 07:57 AM

What a bunch of great ideas -- that only those of us struggling with our weight would understand!!

I played on a woman's soccer team a few years ago and would love to do it again!!! (And the whole "normal sized" underwear/pants would be great too!!)

LisaMarie71 02-11-2007 01:35 PM

My secret goals are to run a marathon and to become a cross country coach at the school where I teach. I've told a few people, but I keep it secret because it seems so ridiculous!!

Glory87 02-11-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhvaya (Post 1568935)
I want to go back to weighing 115 lbs and having a 20" waist again - just like I did in 1999, the year before I married and started the headlong downhill rush to obesity.

A 20" waist? I checked the sizing charts at J. Crew - a petite extra small (size 0-2) is 23-24 inches.

sumisan 02-11-2007 01:55 PM

God I relate to nearly everyone! I secretly want to be the "hot" mom on the block. I also want to learn how to kick ***, you know like secret agent type kick ***. HAHA oh god I am going into a hole to die now. --Sumi

zoritsa 02-11-2007 02:09 PM

I'd love to be a fitness instructor.That,and be able to run.I've never been able to run for any length of time.

sweet_talker 02-11-2007 02:10 PM

Glory, I just thought that was a mistype 'cause I didn't think it was possible :shrug: I'd be dreaming with a 27" :crossed:

Nikaia 02-11-2007 02:11 PM

I want to get back into martial arts and get good at it...I want to island-hop the Carribbean on small sailboats (which necessitates that I be physically fit, and comfy in shorts/tank tops/bikini)...I want to play rugby again, although I don't know where I'll find a women's rugby team after I've graduated.

Oh, and...yeah, maybe this is weird, but...I kinda wanna be an exotic dancer for awhile. Just seems intoxicatingly sexy somehow.:o

trekkiegirl 02-11-2007 03:36 PM

I want to look nice in a swimsuit...which is funny for me because I haven't been to the beach in years and don't believe in risking skin cancer and spotted skin in old age (if I get there) just to make my pale white skin look darker now...and I haven't even been much of a swimmer for years and years. :p
Actually...I think it boils down to wanting to have more confidence in how my body looks so that I lose some self-consciousness and inhibition, as well as gain some physical strength and endurance. I'd like to learn how to ballroom dance (I took classes once years ago but it's all forgotten). I'd like to ride a bike again without thinking about the keister I'm packing behind me. :p I'd like to take a self-defense class. I'd like to run around a track once like I'm in a race...was very fast as a kid and I miss just being able to run fast sometimes. Just various things that I'm either too self-conscious to try right now or too out of shape to even want to attempt.

Nikaia 02-11-2007 03:45 PM

Ooh, you reminded me, Ellie...I wanna dance. Belly dance. Modern dance. Jazz dance. Ballet. Pick a genre; I just want to dance.

Gamerchick 02-11-2007 03:50 PM

I had a dream where I ran and ran (jogging) for a long time around the neighborhood. I want to run, without my legs or back hurting or anyone making fun of me...(And that is kind of out of the park because my dad's side has bad calfs and I do, too...).

FreeSpirit 02-11-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumisan (Post 1569253)
God I relate to nearly everyone! I secretly want to be the "hot" mom on the block. I also want to learn how to kick ***, you know like secret agent type kick ***. HAHA oh god I am going into a hole to die now. --Sumi

That's adorable.

We've probably all pretended to be secret agents while doing our kickboxing/taebo tapes!

I know I have. :o

Nikaia 02-11-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

We've probably all pretended to be secret agents while doing our kickboxing/taebo tapes!
I won't tell if you won't. ;)

alinnell 02-11-2007 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovelypurple (Post 1568949)
I'd like to be smaller than my boyfriend, too. I would love to be able to wear his clothes and have them be big on me. I want him to be able to pick me up and swing me around. I want to fit inside of his arms when he holds me.

I've always fantasized about being smaller than my husband (or any of my boyfriends before I got married). But I have to face reality. I'm 5'8" and none of my boyfriends were that much bigger than me. When DH and I got married, I weighed somewhere between 155-165 and he was 150. His driver's license says he is 5'9" and he used to believe he was 5'11" (I made him face reality) but I still think I am taller than him. If I wear any kind of shoes and he is barefoot, I am taller (and you should see me gloat when I wear high heels!!!). Sure I can wear his clothes just fine, but they look silly on me. Instead, I got these really great big shirts that I wear with a camisole and tight black pants to lounge in. It looks like I'm wearing a big boyfriend shirt (except that it is pink!).

trekkiegirl 02-11-2007 06:47 PM

The first time a boyfriend picked me up I was probably around 140 and I remember being totally surprised by it because 1) I didn't think I was that light and 2) he wasn't that big himself, lol. Actually, that positive feeling from being picked up lasted longer than the feelings for the guy, lol. :p

I wish we could get a bunch of us all together sometime and actually learn/do some of these things. I don't think anybody would ridicule anyone else and we'd probably end up having a blast. :carrot: I'd even be willing to try bellydancing. :p

Reddalice 02-11-2007 07:01 PM

Roller Derby? I've always wanted to join the local team... but haven't even let myself entertain the idea- too embarrassed- I want to be the sexy, athletic, badass- not the comical fat one on wheels.

Anyways, my super secret goal? I want to get back into martial arts and add dancing on top of that. I loved martial arts, Kempo, and fantasize about it... I had a hard time being larger than the other students when I was a teen- though my flexibility and weight gave me a small advantage- but this time I want to feel strong on the merit of how hard I worked to get there and not how much fat/weight I can put into my kicks.

dhvaya 02-11-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory87 (Post 1569237)
A 20" waist? I checked the sizing charts at J. Crew - a petite extra small (size 0-2) is 23-24 inches.

It's possible - with the use of corsets. I am a long-time user of corsets - or rather, I should say that I USED to extensively wear corsets. I'm not going to get into a debate about its merits-demerits, but I enjoyed having that tiny waist. Moreover, I'm short, and that size waist was a tremendous asset, even if I was "cheating" with a corset on!

Post baby and several years, later, I don't know if that's acheivable. Which is why I never talk about my aspirations in real life. Just look at what happened when I posted here... :D

Angihas2 02-11-2007 08:15 PM

I want to get back in ballet. I haven't officially taken a class in more than 20 years, but I miss it.

almostheaven 02-11-2007 08:32 PM

I don't understand the comments that some of these goals are ridiculous or unrealistic. Skating in a roller derby, running a marathon, doing backflips? NONE of those are unrealistic. I didn't see any here that were truly unrealistic. They all seem like pretty doable goals to me. I would never have thought I'd have run a 3K race, but I've done two of them. Considering when I started this, I couldn't run 15 feet, I'd never discount anything like that as ridiculous or unrealistic.

alinnell 02-11-2007 09:27 PM

I remember a few years ago when I did a cartwheel on a dare......I DID it, but it was painful for days afterward. Some things are left to the young!!! But you can always DREAM.

drake3272004 02-11-2007 09:34 PM

I want to be able to do a push-up! Just one would be nice, but with tendonitis in both my hands I haven't been able to do a push-up in a real long time. Once I lose this weight, maybe I'll be able to! Less weight to lift, less pressure on my hands............sounds really good to me.:)

FreeSpirit 02-11-2007 10:00 PM

almostheaven - I don't think these are things that we don't think we can do... just things that we don't want to admit that we want to do. If that makes sense, lol.

I want to be able to touch my toes.

Aquanetrocker 02-11-2007 10:18 PM

I roller derby!!! It's awesome. I think everyone should roller derby. It took me a while to be able to keep up with the skinny-minis on skates, but I have a blast.
.. and guess what? It doesn't hurt nearly as bad to fall on a plump butt :)
We've got girls of all sizes on our team! Get out there and do it! Skating makes me feel really powerful and sexy!

jcatron243 02-11-2007 10:31 PM

My secret goal: to be smaller than my sister. She has always been the skinny one, even when were both small.

KateRN 02-12-2007 06:16 AM

i want to try to go for a personal training license.

and

i really really want to go to the beach in a two peice and not cover up in a towel , diving for the boob high water so no one can see. -- im going to WALK to the water and maybe even lay out on a chair on the beach!

Miss Honey 02-12-2007 07:42 AM

I wanted to join a women basketball league or start one with my friends

Purr 02-12-2007 08:31 AM

I want to look like Angelina Jolie in Tombraider and walk into a school IEP meeting (big meeting for my son to get him services and work out his schedule) in black leather with an attitude. I'd like to do martial arts again and take a ballet class. :belly:

cupcake84 02-12-2007 08:37 AM

I really used to love going out and dancing, so I want to be able to "get low" again lol if i did it now im sure id fall flat on my bum.
another is to run with my sister. She is the exact opposite of me, like 5'2 weighs maybe 110lbs and blonde, but shes a health nut, like NUT. anyways, i would love to be able to go for a run with her and show her that i can do it too, that im not the fat little sister anymore.....well i still am now, but not in a years time lol

Is that really me 02-12-2007 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purr (Post 1569830)
I want to look like Angelina Jolie in Tombraider and walk into a school IEP meeting (big meeting for my son to get him services and work out his schedule) in black leather with an attitude. I'd like to do martial arts again and take a ballet class. :belly:

I also do IEP mtgs for my son (autistic spectrum disorder) and there are times when I'd love to go in there w/major attitude!!!

My secret goal (ok, fantasy): I want to be Sydney Bristow (Alias) Say no more!

Jo

50lbstomuch 02-12-2007 11:17 AM

I just want to not be so self concience when i am wearnig nothing. I am seeing this new guy and we are getting a hotel room this weekend with a hot tub. And i know that i will be "not wearing a suit " in the tub. But i am embarressed for him to see me walking around with all my fat sloshing around.