Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 126/114/115

Height: 5'3"

Default Create a 2007 Beauty Calendar for Rewards

I know that beauty comes from within, but so many times I think that as women we often deprive ourselves until we've reached some goal. I found this in Self magazine:

Manicure: Every 2 weeks
Pedicure: Every 3 weeks
Waxing: Every 3 to 4 weeks
Haircut: Every 6 weeks
Haircolor: Every 8 to 12 weeks

I think these are better rewards, within budget, than what I would usually reward myself with for working out, like a hotfudge sundae.

In the summer, I'd meet friends for an hour a week to play tennis outside. Then, we'd go get a very fattening dinner at a favorite Mexican restaurant, with of course, lots of chips and salsa and Margaritas.

Well, no more of that type of reward system!

I'm also scheduling a massage for at least 1x monthly.
MicheleKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:24 PM   #2  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

If you can afford that kind of thing, it sounds great!

However, manicure and pedicure are about $15 each, waxing (depending on WHAT you're getting waxed) runs from $10 for eyebrows to $40+ for bikini/legs/etc, I don't know what just a haircut goes for because I only get mine trimmed when I also get it colored, which is once every three months, and that only because my mom pays for it as her gifty to me, but the coloring costs $75+ cause I have very long hair.

So according to that schedule, you're looking at $45+ a month for just beautifying stuff. Which I know that I, for one, canNOT afford. But, if it's within your budget, it's definitely a better reward! My rewards to myself usually run along the lines of letting myself veg out with Photoshop all day doing grafix work, or something like that. Only the things I don't have to pay for.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 126/114/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikaia View Post
So according to that schedule, you're looking at $45+ a month for just beautifying stuff.
Well, I would probably spend around $10-20 eating out with friends at least once a week (drinks are usually more expensive than food). So, yes, I can afford it, and probably will save money from what I was spending for eating and drinking type of entertainment. I'm also 37, and I have a full time career, just e-filed my taxes today, after I had my manicure!

Even just treating yourself to one manicure a month would feel like a special treat, to me.
MicheleKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:47 PM   #4  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I definitly think that rewarding yourself with something that makes you feel beautiful is much better then a fattening dinner or dessert! It will make you feel pretty and when you feel pretty you will feel better about yourself and want to continue losing weight and bettering yourself! And as you said even a manicure once a month is a good reward, there is no need to spend money on pedicure's and waxing and hair color if you don't usually get those things or can't afford it, do what you can afford
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

These reward type tricks to "be good" never work for me as I already treat myself to all this stuff on a regular basis. In NYC the average price for a manicure is $7, pedicure $15, hair washed and blow dried straight $20, so these are regular things for me and many other girls in NYC. I guess I just dont have the willpower to deny myself things if I havent been eating well or haven't stuck to my work out schedule. Wish this did work as I'd treat myself even more when good! LOL
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:13 PM   #6  

I think spending 45/month is not much if you can keep urself more presentable... I do not agree with haircolor every 2 months and manicure every 2 weeks (my hand nails never stay the same after 2-3 days and I like them short anyway)...But I love pedicures...

I got 1 hr. full body massage every month for last few months and felt just great! I was lucky to find this really good/professional massage place in a great location with great therapist who charged only 49/hr and even less if u book package of 5. I am planning to start that regimen again.

Also, I find sauna for 15 mins after a massage or after exercise is very very relaxing and I use that a lot to reward myself (If I run for 20 minutes or more)
willmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:23 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Way out of my budget. I need to find free or nearly free non-food rewards, personally.

Neat idea for those who can afford it, though.
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote