Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-13-2007, 09:38 PM   #1  

Default I'm getting impatient.

I'm losing weight in a way I can live with, which means slowly.
But I want to see changes nowww
(whines)
onxgossamerwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I know, it's hard! But you've lost 9 pounds and that's great!!! Just keep at it!

Know that those changes are coming with time. Think about a year from now, the changes you may be able to see!

Take a look at the threads where people talk about their non scale victories (NSVs) -- like being able to do more or fitting into smaller clothes and keep an eye out for your own nsvs!

This will happen, but it does take time... I think that's a tough part of the process!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

While I can certainly understand that (and I've been there and done that), let me tell you that persistence is a major key to weight loss. It's taken me four years to get to the weight I am now. I've been a member here for that entire four years, and I've seen people lose a bunch quickly, then gain it back, and start all over again. Or there have been people who lost some, didn't see as much improvement as they wanted, and then they quit, only to gain it back plus more. Although I really wanted to be one of those people who lost weight quickly, I didn't--but I never gave up.

So I guess my advice to you is to whine all you want ( ), but don't let the fact that you may be a slow loser stop you. You'll get there!!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:03 PM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

While I too understand that it's hard to be patient....think about it this way. Right now you are building habits you will retain for the rest of your life (if you want to maintain your loss). I lost the majority of my weight in 2003 - since then I've been whittling/maintaining....but it took me 36 years to put the pounds on..

Enjoy the journey, on the 9 pounds so far and
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:00 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Weightloss is most definitely NOT an instatnt gratification kind of a thing. It's a process that doesn't occur so quickly. But with perserverance and determination and hard work it is one of the MOST gratifying things. And so well worth it. Nine pounds is nothing to sneeze at. That IS an accomplishment. If you haven't seen any benefits hang in there, they are just around the corner!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Hey, I just had a thought. You've lost nine pounds, right?? Pick up something that weighs nine pounds and carry it around for a while.

You will see what you have done!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #7  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

All the replies you've received so far are right on the money. It doesn't happen overnight! When I had lost my first 15 pounds I hadn't told anyone I was trying. The only one who noticed was my mom, and I thought, wow, I'm going through all this work and no one can even tell! But when I gave it more thought, I realized that I'm not doing this for other people to be able to tell. I'm doing this so I'll still be around when my kids have kids, and for other important life events. Based on that, it doesn't matter how quick or how slow the weight comes off, just that it comes off! Hang in there! Nine pounds is an awesome accomplishment, and you are well on your way! Like RockinRobin said, start looking for those NSV's, they really keep you motivated! Do your jeans feel a little better? Is that favorite sweater not quite so snug? NSV's are all around you, waiting for you to notice!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:41 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

You want to talk about frustrating? Let's talk about how last year, I lost over 40 pounds and did not go down one single pant size

But another thing to keep in mind is that you are your own worst critic, and you study yourself in the mirror every day. Other people will likely notcie changes long before you do. Like I said, last year, I lost over 40 pounds, and then some people at work started asking me if I was losing weight. They could tell something was different even though to me, I still looked exactly the same. Also, some people may notice but not want to say anything to you (for various reasons).

In any case, whether you're physically shrinking or not, you're doing a LOT to improve your health on the inside, and it will catch up with you on the outside in time
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #9  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I hear ya. Sometimes I feel like I am going to be this size no matter WHAT I weigh! It's enough to drive a gal to madness! But we shall persevere!!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #10  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone,

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO glad I found this site, it always seems when something isn't right in my head . . . well there's a thread about it, ALWAYS fixes my head. You've lost nine pounds, put two bags of flour or cans of soup, tuna or whatever in a backpack and carry it around for an hour . . . you'll definitely feel like you've done something. that's such a great idea. I'm new too and am planning on weighing myself tomorrow . . . nervous though . . . and although I don't know if I've lost any "pounds" I defintely feel better physically, so listen to wyellen, robin and all the others, just hang in there. I read on one of these posts where someone hadn't lost any weight for like two or three months but had gone down 2 sizes . . .
LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote