Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Question measurments?

I want to keep track of my measurments but im a little confused.
I have heard that when you measure you waist you measure where your belly button is. Ive also heard that you measure your actual waist. Problem is im high waisted, and i have love handles *cringe*.
~around my waist is 32.5
~Around my belly button is 35.5
Which measurment should i go off of??
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I measure everywhere in 3 places, fatest below and above so I measure at bellow button, below and above, my bum just below my bum and just above (about my hip area), I do the same with legs (tigh and calves) and arms....

I don't measure often though, haha

I dunno if that helped....
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Measure both places. It's fun to watch measurements go down (I would have measured a lot more places initially if I had known how much I would enjoy seeing the changed recording).
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:22 PM   #4  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Hi

I found this in an article somewhere along the way and I have been doing these measurements since the end of July. It is fun watching them go down!

1. Bust: Don't squish yourself -- measure all the way around your bust and back right at your nipple line, and make sure the tape measure is not lower.

2. Chest: Measure under your breasts but as high up as you can go, keeping the tape measure parallel to this line when you reach it around your back.

3. Waist: Measure wherever it is the smallest (if you have "no waist" go around yourself right at the navel line).

4. Hips: Measure at the very biggest part -- even if that is so low that you are almost on the top of your thighs.

5. Midway: Measure midway between the very biggest part of your hips and your waist.

6. Thighs: Measure wherever they are the biggest.

7. Knees: Measure right above the knee.

8. Calves: Measure wherever they are the biggest.

9. Upper arm: Measure wherever they are biggest above your elbows.

10. Forearms: Measure wherever they are biggest below your elbows.

To answer your "waist question." I started with just measuring the smallest, but in the last month or so I have added a new category, exactly at my belly button. I have just made that my number "3.5"

I hope that makes sense, and good luck with watching your measurements go down!
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote