Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 03:08 PM   #1  

Default New Veggie Girl!

Hello I am new to this site and to the Veggie world.
I have been a Vegetarian for two years now. At first the weight just melted off. I lost 50lbs. Now two years later I am more active than before but I can not seem to be able to lose any weight. Gained 15 of that 50 back. I excersise M-F 45 min a day. I also teach aerobics classes 3 hrs per week. I don't drink coke not even diet stuff of any kind. I just recently gave up pasta 3 weeks now. Still have not moved on the scale. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I did go to a weight control Dr back in March and he told me he does not like to treat Vegetarians or Vegans because it is so hard for us to lose weight. I found that hard to believe. But he did give me some pills, they did not work, and I never saw him again. Any suggestions would be wonderful. I did buy the Soy Zone diet book but find it hard to follow.
I would love to hear some ideas to help drop some pounds. I am also working on quiting bread, but that is sooo hard to do....

Old 08-31-2006, 04:42 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Depending on how much you weigh, the closer you get to your goal weight, the harder it is to lose weight. Plus if you aren't switching up your exercise, then it is possible your body is used to your exercise and has adjusted to it. I'd try doing different type of exercise, do you do any weights?

Also, weight has to do with how much you eat, not what you eat. There are some vegan and vegetarian diets out there sush as the Ornish diet (not sure of the exact name). I'd look at counting how many calories you are eating and see if you can tweak that a little.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:46 PM   #3  
Working My Way Back Down

Eat More, Weigh Less is the book by Dr. Dean Ornish. The original was written in the early 90's, but there's a 2001 revised edition. Just be aware that his plan was developed to help people with severe heart disease and is very low fat. You might want to tweak it to add a little "good fat."
Old 08-31-2006, 05:18 PM   #4  
Weight-Loss Warrior

S/C/G: 195/188.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
I'm veggie in the process of becoming vegan, 4 days "cold tofu" vegan. I would suggest counting calories. As a vegetarian I fell into the cheese covered crap trap and ended up gaining weight. Try to cut down on dairy if you are currently using alot and switching to healthy whole grains. Check out fitday.com to track your calories and switch up your exercise. You've got to keep your body from getting too used to any one exercise so it continues to progress.
Good luck to you!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:58 PM   #5  

Thanks for the info. I will order that book right now. My goal is to lose 21lbs. I am @ 195 now and wear a size 12 would like to be @ 175 and be down to a 8 would even be happy with a 10!

Closed Thread