Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 11:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/302/125

Height: 5'6

Default Looking for a vegetarian buddy!

Hello, i'm 27 from philly, i have one vegan friend and that's my boyfriend. Everytime i meet someone new and say i'm a vegetarian they say, so what do you eat? AHHH I need some veggie friends! AIM and YahooIM Angiepants78
Old 07-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #2  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi Angie! You should be able to find plenty of veg buds here! Please feel free to join me in doing the Eating to Live low fat vegan plan in another thread. I've been slowly becoming vegetarian over the last few weeks. However, I haven't "announced" it to any of my friends other than my DH. I prefer to say/think I'm living healthy. That way no one bugs me with questions.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #3  
student extraordinaire

S/C/G: 166/157/127

Height: 5'1

I get alot of guff for eating vegetarian/vegan. People act really offended when I say I don't eat meat. I get so tired of defending myself!
I am a strict vegetarian whose trying oh so hard to make the leap into vegandom. I have had a hard time relinquishing cheese!
Old 07-10-2006, 01:20 PM   #4  
Pirate Queen

S/C/G: 200/191/140

Height: 5'7"

i don't really announce to people that i'm vegetarian unless it comes up.. but i'm in college still so there's plenty of people around who are either vegetarians or want to be, so it's not so much of an issue.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Height: 5'4"

I've been eating vegetarian for years. I tried low carb but can't stomach the meat. I also tried vegan but couldn't maintain it with my traveling. Vegetarian I can do. I eat too many carbs though and feel bloated a lot. I'm trying to get rid of the excess carbs and find the balance of energy and nutrients that I need.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #6