Old 09-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/225/120

Height: 5'0

Default support group for semi-vegetarians/flexitarians?

Anyone here feel like we need a support group for the semi-vegetarian/flexitarian set? I've noticed there's a lot of annomosity between the vegetarian/vegan group and the people like me who are kind of on the edge. So I figured if the fringe vegetarians had a group here, that could help. We could even support each other in evolving into full-fledged vegetarians.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #2  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

PrincessKLS:I'm surprised to read that you came across animosity from vegetarians and vegans here. I browsed at some recent threads but didn't observe anything. Can you point me to a specific thread where this was a problem?

As a vegetarian, my observation would be that vegetarians and vegans here are normally supportive of people interested in transitioning to vegetarianism/veganism.

Sorry to hear you had that experience.
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:36 PM   #3  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I hate to hear that. I hope you do feel welcomed to post. Go ahead and post in the What did you Eat today thread.

I was flexitarian for while. It helped me to lose 40 pounds with low carbing in '08. I think some people don't have a live and let live mentality. Don't worry about them though.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Honestly, there is some animosity towards some vegetarians/vegans towards other vegetarians/vegans. Most vegetarians/vegans I know are glad to discuss vegetarian food options and welcome people who are eating closer to vegetarian/vegan.

Just a reminder, because we have had other similar threads like this in the past in General Diet Plans because the vegetarian subforum is meant for discussion of vegetarian foods (whether you are vegetarian or not). If you think you want to discuss eating meat(including fish), I can move this to the General Diet plans section.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/225/120

Height: 5'0

Well this hasn't been a horrible forum, trust me, I've gone to less supportive forums, it's just that navigating the world inside and out on special diet plans gets hectic sometimes.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote