Old 12-03-2019, 11:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/227/185

Height: 5'5

Default Transitioning to Vegan

Hello everyone!

I didn't realize this section of the forum existed but I am oh so happy to have found it I have been transitioning to a vegetarian lifestyle since June. It has helped bring down my sugar levels without medication and I have lost weight and have so much more energy. My question is...how did you find it transitioning to full vegan? I guess I have been mostly vegan since June as well except for the odd holiday treat at Thanksgiving.

My issue is...my in laws are dairy farmers - everything is revolved around big, heavy meaty and dairy meals. I have been bringing my own dish to potlucks but it's not very fun when the only dish I can have is my own! They were not happy when they found out I was trying to transition over to vegetarian/vegan. I know they ridicule me behind my back. I know it's my life and my health that is at stake so it shouldn't matter but I digress.

How would you handle this situation?
JocelynMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: +71/+30/0

Height: 5'3"

The word vegan does trigger people. I am one year in and just getting past my own kids' prejudice has been a challenge.

I guess you come up with your own brief, highly positive reply and quickly change the subject? "I feel great and it hasn't been as difficult as I thought. How have you been..." lol

Also, it gets easier being around the other foods when you start identifying yourself as someone who doesn't eat that stuff, and remind yourself the gathering is about spending time with family not the food.

Last edited by Penny.; 12-03-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Penny. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:50 PM   #3  

Am not a vegan but trying to be.. i have left few bad habits and it only takes few days to get used to it..

I dont leave anything suddenly.. i like to dilute... Am trying for past 6 months and on track

planning to become pure vegan by feb 2020.
goodft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 06:56 AM   #4  

I need to switch to "you need to eat less".
nicoll is offline   Reply With Quote