Old 06-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Thinking of going pescetarian again...

Hi all,
A couple of years ago, I gave pescetarianism a try, and lost a lot of weight. I stuck with it for about 4 months...frankly, I don't even remember why I gave it up. I really didn't mind the loss of meat - I'm more of a fish eater. Anyways, I've been thinking of doing it again. Has anyone done this and stuck with it? Any tips? Thanks!
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #2  

I had been at one point a few years ago, and that was when I was at my lowest weight. Ate fish for dinner, but veg for breakfast & lunch. I was always so concerned about the quality of fish I was eating that I eventually became vegetarian & vegan. So it is a matter of opinion. I have nothing against it. Just spent too much money on good quality fish! Good luck
ChantelJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #3  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

I'm a vegetarian, and honestly, it really does get easier with time. I don't know how much weight you'll lose, as there are still many other things a vegetarian/pescatarian can do to be fat - like cheese.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #4  
1 lb at a time!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I've been a pescatarian for almost 20 years... though that hasn't helped me personally with weightloss (obviously). If you're not sure why you stopped, then I think it's definitely worth a try!! Just stay away from the carbs that are so easy to go to!! I'm trying to figure it all out as well.. Just starting my journey (again).
Slimmer Down Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

I am actually going to become a pescatarian. I've lost all interest in chicken and quite frankly I do not like the way I feel after eating it.I love fish, seafoods, beans, vegetables and fruit, avocadoes, olives and olive oil and I could live quite happily on all those foods with rice, greek yogurt and a few nuts occasionally. I have just given up coffee and tea and am sticking to water for my beverage needs from now on.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote