Old 05-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Howdy, Li!
I kind of feel like a failure, but I also think I learned something about me. Over the weekend, I had two non-vegan meals (one each day). I'm actually feeling like that was a success considering before this I would have had ALL non-vegan meals. So now I'm thinking I may be vegan M-F, and then on the weekends, if I visit my family, I'll eat what they eat. I won't be buying animal products, and when we go out, I'll do research before about vegan options at restaurants. We'll see if this works.
So I tried these pizzas: http://www.tofurky.com/tofurkyproducts/pizza.html
The cheese one was delicious, but I wouldn't have the pepperoni one again. I think next time I'll get the cheese and add veggies to it (I don't like the veggies they have on the veggie one).
And kudos for that exercising! That is amazing!
I went browsing at bridesmaid dress (wedding in Oct.) yesterday. It was pretty depressing. The dress is this one: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_...esmaid-Dresses
It is very flattering, but I was a size 16 my pants are usually 12, so it was really a low blow for me. I kind of felt like a beached whale (my sister fit into a size 6...).
Well, happy vegan days!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm not a fan of too much processed vegan foods. I have tried the Tofurkey pizzas for novelty before but wouldn't do it again. There is one that is called American Flatbread "Vegan Harvest" pizza. I haven't tried it yet but its in my freezer so one day.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 266/199/165

Height: 5'7

Ashley, You are by no means a failure. Going Vegan M-F is a challenge within itself. ****, yesterday evening I was starving and all I could think about were the freaking chocolate chip cookies sitting in my room but I had to have self control. I took that water bottle and downed the whole thing. haha for me, it's more of a discipline thing, because once I'm off the wagon I'm off it. So any time either of us eats vegan is a success in my opinion. I think it's a great idea that you're allowing yourself two days. . .makes you feel like you aren't deprived of things. So your support means a whole lot!!!

That dress is gorgeous! I know how that can be, not feeling confident in something you try on. No worries, we will get through this. You have five months to reach any goals you have set for that wedding. You can do it! I have complete confidence in it.
LilMissLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #19  

Nelie, I've only had a few tofurkey things that I've liked but I may try the pizza Ashley suggested. That flatbread pizza you mentioned sounds great. I should see if we have that somewhere around here
Old 05-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #20  

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can do vegan during the week. I am responsible for my own food here, and I love cooking. And on the weekend, I don't plan on going out of my way to not eat vegan, but I won't get down on myself, either.

How's day 2 going for you?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #21  

Day 2. Awesome! Got my hour of Zumba in. At my oatmeal this morning and treated myself to a Vegan Burrito and Vegan brownie from the cafe down the street. I also bought tome Mujadara there which is lintels and rice. . .I'm excited for dinner!!!

How you holdin up?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #22  

My mom makes oatmeal every day. She calls it "Blueberry muffin in a bowl" and it is pretty good. Oats, blueberries, walnuts and splenda/sugar/whateveryouliketosweetenitwith. I definitely recommend it.
Today is going well. I've got vegan burgers for lunch, had cereal for breakfast. Haven't decided on dinner yet, but I'll be making something that will have leftovers for the rest of the week (on lunch I'll be reading through my cook books, I'll let you know if anything is good). Glad to have a friend during this time! And again, way to go with the exercising!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #23  

Just checking in again. Last night I wasn't feeling well, so I ended up not cooking. I just picked up some frozen dinners from Trader Joe's. Today I had the vegan enchilada dinner (I think the brand was Amy's). It was delicious. I haven't decided what to do for dinner tonight, but I will check in (same soy milk and cereal for breakfast).

How are you doing?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #24  

I did bad today. I ate Vegan but I just feel like such a cheater. I didn't do my zumba today. I am going to do my 15 minute ab express workout tonight. I didn't eat any meat or anything like that but I ate some chips today that were heavenly! Now I feel guilty because I'm trying to stay away from processed stuff. I had a pita with hummus for breakfast, 2 grape leaves, chips, and a vegan brownie for lunch, and for dinner I'm thinking of a pita with falafel and alfalfa sprouts. I'm telling myself no more brownies until Saturday, if I lose weight this week, that will be my reward. lol

Vegan enchilada sounds amazing. I've been meaning to try Amy's stuff. I may have to buy one soon to have in case I'm feeling bumish and don't want to cook.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #25  

I was skeptical...enchiladas without cheese? What's the point? But they were soooo good!
Don't be down on yourself. You are doing great! Right now I'm not even tracking my calories, I'm just focusing on eating healthier food overall. Once I get the hang of vegan choices, than I'll start focusing on losing weight. And think about how positive the zumba you've done earlier in the week has been. You are rocking this!!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #26  

Thank you for the words of encouragement girlie! I appreciate it!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #27  

Of course!!
I'm currently eating a vegan Amy's burrito, and hot darn it is delicious! I think the Amy's brand is the easiest for starting vegans because if it is vegan, the front of the box says dairy free and the back, next to ingredients, says (vegan). Love it.
How are you doing today, Li?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #28  

And I made this last night: http://veganyumyum.com/2010/01/seita...tine-teriyaki/
It was just okay. Good enough to eat the leftovers, but I won't make it again.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #29  

I've been wondering about Seitan, how is it??? I eat a lot of tofu and had tempeh recently but haven't heard about seitan until I started looking at these vegan recipes.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #30  

It's alright. I liked it in the wontons I made last week, but with the meal I made this week it was kind of the "meat" of the meal, and I don't think I'll do that again, if that makes sense. So basically good for bulking stuff up, bad for pretending it's a slab of meat.