Old 01-17-2011, 03:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: HW303/TICKER/GW135

Height: 5'8"

Default Smoothie/Juice Feast

Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread but not new to being a vegan. I recommitted myself to the lifestyle about a week ago and am actually getting more into the raw foods this time around. I am planning on going on a smoothie/juice feast starting tomorrow for 7-10 days. I don't actually have a juicer yet so I will be using my blender but that's doable and not a big deal.

I'm going to use this post to check in each day for myself and keep accountable. Plus write down how I'm feeling or whatever. If anyone wants to join me they are more than welcome to!
ThinningVegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/159/148

Height: 5'9"

I've read about people who have done this - but I've never tried it.

But, I find the energy and health benefits from just replacing one meal with a green smoothie are amazing. So, if the 24hr juice/smoothie thing is too hard, you can still feel good with one a day.

Good luck! Keep us updated.
bonnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:15 AM   #3  

Yes I agree! If you don't want to do the 24hr thing with me, just join me for a green juice or smoothie once a day! They are so nutritious and delicious.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/159/148

Height: 5'9"

How is it coming along? I was thinking of you - I just made a smoothie and packed it in a thermos for lunch (frozen spinach, kiwi, banana, frozen strawberries, rice milk).

Also, I have a juicer and at one time had made some pretty awesome concoctions, I think you'll be surprised at how fun they are when you have one. A favorite concoction was: carrot juice, ginger, apples, lemons.

Good luck!
bonnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:26 AM   #5  

Mmmmm that sounds yummy! I can't wait to get a juicer. It's not going too bad, although I have to say I HATE celery in my smoothie... I've come to that conclusion after 2 mornings of including it. The texture is disgusting and the flavor completely overpowers everything.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't have a juicer but I have a vitamix which pulverizes stuff.

If you are having trouble with celery and I do as well, I'd suggest a couple things:
1) smoothie with apple, celery and ginger. Add anything else you'd like as well, lemon juice goes well and you can add spinach or kale.
2) Smoothie with frozen grapes, celery and ginger. I actually got this out of a raw cookbook for 'gingerale' and it is really good.

Overall I think ginger is a strong enough flavor to counteract and complement celery. If you don't like ginger, well then thats a whole different issue
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Hey ThinningVegan, how'd the juice feast go? I'd love to recommend throwing spinach into a strawberry-banana smoothie like bonnie did. Literally only three ingredients, plus a splash of fruit juice to get the blender going. Tons of vitamins and 100% vegan

Last edited by indiblue; 02-07-2011 at 07:04 AM.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:42 AM   #8  

Check the Salicylates food chart to make sure you don't consume too many salycilates when you drink raw juices. There are several charts and more info in the internet.

Some people are sensitive to them and get hives.
In some, you can thin the blood too much.

Too many salicylates can zap your energy and making you feel ill.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote