UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:06 AM   #16  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Sarah.... your Christmas sounds fab... can I come? Pleeeeeeeease, mmmmmmmmm, suasage rolls, I miss them...popping in to a neighbours or friend and having a glass of wine with them... that's what it's all about...lovely.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:07 AM   #17  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Erm Phat... The Holly and the Ivy is quite religious when you get to the second verse... Oh the holly bears a berry, as white as any milk, and Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ, all wrapp-ed in silk, *chorus* Oh the holly bears a berry, as red as any blood, and Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ, to do poor sinners good... etc etc in the Mary bearing Jesus theme!!!!! But I do love it!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:10 AM   #18  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Hmmm - just re-read that and I've tripled the booze order!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:14 AM   #19  
aka Superwoman!

I wrote an essay about my "perfect Christmas" once and it included burnt sausage rolls!!! Our oven always burnt them on the bottom, I don't know how it managed to do it! It would burn rock buns and all flamin sorts - maybe it just didn't like baking trays! It was a gas oven, not fan assisted, with a big gas ring all the way round the bottom of the oven...

Last edited by 2frustrated; 11-22-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:08 AM   #20  
Consistency + Balance

Frus - that oven sounds scary!!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:12 AM   #21  

LOL Frus I just mime the religious bits, or make up rude words...

Used to love doing that with hymns and carols when we were kids. Especially carols. My kids still do it, too...
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:14 AM   #22  
aka Superwoman!

Oh you HEATHEN!!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:16 AM   #23  

Bah Humbug!
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #24  
Consistency + Balance

Ahhhhh! PhatPhoenix I bet you love it really!
Old 11-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #25  
Slow and steady

Rude words to Christmas carols. too funny, at school we used to get told off for singing,

'While shepherds washed their socks by night, all seated on the ground,
The Angle of the Lord came down and' bugger, can't remember the rest, something about sopa, and giving them a good scrub...
Old 11-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #26  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog of course. Although it's very fattening. I might buy the coffeemate that's egg nog flavoured.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps with his own special paper.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights outside and coloured lights on the tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No never seen any here. Flashback Chris did you have some at East George ?

5. When do you put your decorations up? Used to be in December. Now it's after Thanksgiving. Although this year it's early so might wait until next weekend.The house lights might go up on Saturday as the weather is to be nice in the 60's.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Everything on the plate. I do enjoy the green bean casserole and stuffing.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:As a child everyone used to come to our house on Christmas Day. The house would be full of people.I miss that now.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I remember being very sad when it dawned on me,took a while. Now Santa is in your heart and we still do Santa with our children especially my youngest.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No always wait until the morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? the whole caboodle and buy a new ornament each year.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Like a wee bit hate driving in it.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes badly it's been years since I skated.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No don't remember too many. I'm just thankful for anything I get.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Having the family around and everyone being happy.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Mince pies. I always used to make them on Christmas Eve. I also enjoy trifle but haven't had any in years.Oh and my aunt makes a lovely Christmas cake.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Mince pies on Christmas Eve.We always went to a candlelight service.

17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Enjoy giving always nice to get a wee thing.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night reminds me of my mum and Band Aid Do They Know It's Christmas?

20. Candy Canes! yuck or yummy? I like the wee ones and bought the candy cane kisses yesterday.

21. Fave Christmas Movie? I know it's more Thanksgiving but I love Planes,Trains and Automobiles.

22. When does X-mas break start? 23 Dec.

23. When does it end? 2 Jan

24. What's on your wish list? Always love Bath and Body works.Whatever else Santa thinks off.

25. Are you going to visit family members? No and that's what I miss most of all.

26. What are going to do over X-mas break? My daughter's friend is coming for 10 days.I'll be doing the cooking.Hopefully won't gain.

27.What are you doing on New Years? Not much it will be quiet.A few drinks and some sausage rolls.Used to get together with Chris and her gang miss you.

28. Christmas tree- real or fake? Artificial.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:15 PM   #27  
Slow and steady

Miss you too CG

I went out earlier to the local supermarket to pick up a few bits needed for tomorrow, the radio station I listen to, has already started it's Christmas countdown and as I started the car, it was playing Band Aid... so I sang along....and the naughty song of earlier came to me...
'While shepherds wash their socks by night,
All seated round the tub
The Angel of the Lord came down
And gave them all a scrub'

We used to get a right telling off if any of the teachers heard that during assemblies, we thought it was so funny
Old 11-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Like your carol Chris - ours was

We three Kings of Leicester Square
Selling knickers tuppence a pair
They're fantastic, no elastic
They're great fun to wear....

Never sang it with a teacher in earshot though
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:00 PM   #29  

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot choc with whipped cream.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps, always

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored but not blinking

4. Do you hang mistletoe? nope

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually around Dec 15, I dont decorate my place I live close to my mom so I just help her decorate.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Usually some type of pasta, we don't have a traditional meal.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I had twin beds in my room and sometimes my brother would come in there xmas eve and sleep in the other bed because neither one of us could sleep, we'd be up all night listening for santa.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? First day of first grade this mean girl named Pam told me, I was mad.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We do them all Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? All kinds of crap

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, as a teacher I live for snow days.

12. Can you ice skate? Yup, I used to be fairly good at it.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A stuffed snoopy, I love him.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Having everyone together, Thanksgiving is my favorite, my entire family gets together.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Something called icebox cake, it resembles Sarah's chocolate log.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Getting drunk with the family on Christmas Eve, it's so relaxing.

17. What tops your tree? A really beat up angel, my parents bought it when my older brother died, he was only a year and a half, so I wasn't even born yet, It's been on the top of our tree or over 40 years.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I really do love giving, I like buying weird things for people.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I like too many of them.

20. Candy Canes! yuck or yummy? Yuck, but I still try one every year and throw it out in 2 seconds.

21. Fave Christmas Movie? Elf,hilarious.

22. When does X-mas break start? Dec 23 when I put those children on the bus.

23. When does it end? I think Jan 3.

24. What's on your wish list? Nothing, just want to have a relaxing break.

25. Are you going to visit family members? We're all pretty local.

26. What are going to do over X-mas break? Sleeping late and going to Maine for a couple of days.

27.What are you doing on New Years? I think I'm going either to Vermont or Montreal. My 40th b-day is in January so some friends and I are celebrating it on New Years since they will be away for the actual day. Overall it sounds like a recipe for drunken mischief.

28. Christmas tree- real or fake? real, I need the smell of a real tree.
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #30  
Pending Email Confirmation

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wraps

3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
White ones outside to match everyone else and a coloured fibre optic tree inside!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, who would I kiss, the dog!

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Normally two weeks before Christmas Eve inside. Outside lights end of November switching on beginning of December!

6. What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Turkey Dinner with extra Sprouts

7. Favourite Holiday memory as a child:
Waiting for my Granddad to come and bring me and my cousins stockings, usually with things like fruit and 50p in but it was always special to get!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
When I found my Barbie Swimming Pool under Mum & Dad’s bed, I was about 6 I think! Oh I had such fun playing with it till my Mum came upstairs….

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No but this year I will open Alfie’s Secret Santa present!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Just put a star on the top…. And a bit of tinsel!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it!

12. Can you ice skate?
I could, but it’s been a long time since I went ice skating!

13. Do you remember your favourite gift?
I think that has to be “Sandy” my puppy in 1988! Actually I got him a few months before Christmas….

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with the people I love the most in my life, and spending time talking with friends on the phone!

15. What is your favourite Holiday Dessert?
Chocolate Trifle from ASDA!

16. What is your favourite holiday tradition?
Sleeping after Christmas dinner while Dad washes up!

17. What tops your tree?
A red and gold star!

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Giving always is nice! Watching people open what you have bought, hoping you got it right! Of course who doesn’t like opening presents!

19. What is your favourite Christmas Song?
Saviours Day – Cliff Richard

20. Candy Canes!
Look nice, but don’t like to eat them!

21. Fave Christmas Movie?
Santa Claus The Movie!

22. When does X-mas break start?
20th December for me this year!

23. When does it end?
3rd January

24. What's on your wish list?
Money for my holidays next year! Although I already got a new computer!

25. Are you going to visit family members?
Yes my parents….

26. What are going to do over X-mas break?
Get drunk to blank out the crap year I have had, Watch tons of DVD’s and just chill out! Also will be praying my ultimate dream comes true!

27. What are you doing on New Years?
I will be home alone, sitting up waiting to see the New Year in and I will have a quiet drink…. Hoping that 2007 will be a better year!

28. Christmas tree- real or fake?
Fake, pine needles annoy me
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote