UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:32 AM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Question Drop a Dress Size by Christmas Challenge Weigh In Thread No. 3

Another week... another weigh in... another pound gone...

I thought I'd lost 2 pounds - I've been 12 and a half stone since last Sunday - but the scales went back up to 12st 8 this morning - nevermind, can't complain - at least its in the right direction.

Anyone else having their current dress size clothes feeling a little loose?

CHRISTMAS IS ONLY FIVE AND A HALF WEEKS AWAY

Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:09 AM   #2  
kuk

S/C/G: 238/234/140

Height: 5.7

I have just joined this site and saw your post you have done soooooo well how did you do it?
kuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:18 AM   #3  

I stayed the same, oh well it was a weird eating week with being sick and stuff.

My older clothes are getting super loose in the butt, and I didnt have one to begin with so now they are looking a bit stupid. I just got some new pants yesterday that fit. YAY for new clothes for the right reason. Just wish I had more cash so I could buy whatever I want. I hope to go down one more size though, at this rate that wont be until the spring which is actually fine with me. Tis the season for my social life to go nuts so honestly I would love to drop the 7 lbs I had hoped for by the xmas challenge but if I just lose a few thats ok too.

As long as it all keeps going in the right direction!!!!
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

As I expected I've gained weight this week but happily it's only 1lb - I've promised myself that I'm going to be really good this week as the less I weigh next Friday the better I'll feel (though I know it's not gonna change that much ).

This week though I have tried on a pair of size 22 jeans but though they fit and fastened okay they felt tight - only problem is that my 24's are really loose now ...... I need some 23's!

Sarah - you'll probably lose the 2lb again tomorrow and it's just the scales playing silly tricks on you -- hopefully you'll get a bigger loss next week.

RSG - isn't it great when you get those new pants, well done on dropping a size
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:43 AM   #5  
Consistency + Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuk View Post
I have just joined this site and saw your post you have done soooooo well how did you do it?
Thank you - just a slow, slow plod. There are people here who have done far better than me (and probably quicker!) I changed to low GI foods last October and then hit a plateau in January so I started counting calories as well. Honestly, there is no magic secret or quick fix - I knew I was in it for the long term so I chose a low GI diet with lots of fruit & veg and introduced plenty of exercise. I do struggle to keep motivated but things like the Christmas Challenge really help.

RedSoxGirl - As I went down through the dress sizes I bought second hand good quality tops, jackets, jumpers and dresses from eBay - and because I live mainly in jeans I've rummaged through the sales for good quality brand new jeans which I've pre-bought in all the sizes I expect to be before I reach my goal size (even when they've been three or four sizes too small!) Anything I have shrunk out of that is in good condition I have since sold on eBay. Sometimes I've even sold on something that I've bought second hand AND made a profit!!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:23 AM   #6  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Well done Sarah, Katie, don't worry, you'll make it up for next next week..and RSG, staying the same is wonderful, much better than going up

Well I've lost my print out from my weigh and measure from Curves yesterday, but over all I lost 12.5 inches from boobs, waist, abs, hips and thighs and am down 2lbs, so I'm a happy bunny.

Would have liked to see a bigger weight loss, but I'll take the inches. A friend said that we should all remember that weight is a number, if we look and feel good, that should be more important than the number and the more I think about it, I reckon she's right. Oh yes, the fat counter thingy...was down too, so that's always a plus.

Five weeks huh? I'd better get wrapping and sending what I've bought already, otherwise some people won't be getting their pressies.

Lets go girls!
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:55 AM   #7  

Chris you are doing brilliantly 12.5 inches is excellent, so is the 2lb but the inches always make me happier as that is what you see and they're also the part that give you a drop in dress sizes. Give yourself a big pat on the back
Old 11-16-2006, 08:11 AM   #8  
Consistency + Balance

Thats actually why I thought that the nicest pressie I could give myself for Chrimbo would be to drop a dress size (which is why I started this Challenge). Actually losing weight doesn't sometimes seem to bear any relation to losing inches. I know I'd prefer to be a dress size smaller and remain the same weight rather than lose 10 pounds and still be the same dress size.

Does that make sense??? Nevermind bad hair day ... I'm having a bad brain day!

Last edited by Sarah Ann; 11-16-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:19 AM   #9  

Makes very good sense to me Sarah - I'm all for losing inches over pounds.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:35 AM   #10  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

well done everyone on there loss.
i stayed the same on my weigh in day, due to TOM and drinking 2 nights last week. but i weighed myself this morning and i lost 2lbs meaning a whole stone has gone. but it may be a fluke, so im gonna say i lost nothing this week, and hope for a big loss next week.
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #11  
Consistency + Balance

I'm sure thats not a phantom 2lbs - they probably really have gone but its probably best to wait til next week to own them.

You'll feel better soon - its probably the combination of TOM, being out of your normal routine and the booze which has made you feel a bit blah.

Last edited by Sarah Ann; 11-16-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Well done everyone

I've not lost a thing. In fact the scales were up a bit today. I am expecting my period though so I am hoping thats why they were up a bit. Just chomped through french stick and lurpak again.

Is it possible to lose inches without the scales moving then as recently everyone keeps saying how slim I look and yet I have lost anymore weight.

I do still want to lose a few more pounds but whilst I am feeling like a big fat thing waiting for this sodding period to arrive its difficult.

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:14 PM   #13  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

just had my period glad it is out of the way now, just focuss on somthing good, and try and not give in to the cravings.... its hard but worth it if you dont.
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #14  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I lost a pound this week. Well done everyone on the losses.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:14 PM   #15  

I lost half a pound. I am overjoyed as I thought I was going to gain. I did my usual 'don't want to go to ww' 'don't want to get weighed' but now I'm happy.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote