UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #1  

Unhappy anorexic and bulemic- need help

im starting to think that maybe i need help from a therapist- but the NHS doesnt exaclty make it easy, and i cant really afford private.

ive been a mixture of anorexic and bulemic since i was 15 (im now 21). luckily only when im feeling down. when im happy i eat relatively healthily.

for the last 2 weeks or so ive been feeling really low, and on some days will essentially eat nothing bar a couple of cup a soups to get attention away from myself at uni. other days, the most ill eat is probably about 1500 calories, which ill mostly throw back up again until my sotmach feels empty. i got running for about an hour 3 or 4 days a week in the mornings and occasionally bring up bile in the shower when i get back.

right now, i am overweight, and need some support from people looking to lose it healthily.

please help me.
anagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/224/175

Height: 5'8

Hi.. I want you to pick up the phone and call NHS direct... they can and will help you! Speak to your GP they can refer you to a counsellor

Also there are MANY of groups around as well for people who have a disorder
Jennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #3  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

I think you really should look into getting help. Are you a student? I know most colleges offer counselling. What about women's centres? There's usually help out there for those who can't afford it, and it may not be the best help in the world, but it's better than nothing.
This is something I tried to overcome myself (I've been dealing with it on and off since I was 12, and I'm 24 now). I saw a therapist when I was 13, and got a bit of a wake up call when I was threatened by the hospital. I don't think I went for long enough, though, as I relapsed when I was 15 and 16, and struggled with it again when I was 18-20. I even have small relapses now where I can't handle the idea of having any food in my body (I'm sure you know the feeling - you'll do anything to get it out). Luckily, I've lost the weight so far through maintaining healthy eating habits, and I'm scared enough of being drawn back into EDs that I've managed to stop myself.
There are some great websites out there that address EDs - I particularly like Something-Fishy.org. I would suggest you do what you can to get professional help - ask your parents, find a support group, talk to your employer about what counselling services are covered, whatever you can do to talk to someone who can really help with this.
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Hello Ana
You should go and make an appoinment with your GP asap.

Ive been diagnosed with binge eating disorder - its like bulimia but without the throwing up. I saw my GP and she's referred me to an eating disorders clinic. I have my first appointment on the 27th.

This is a link to the Eating Disorders Association helplines, they are very good and can point you in the right direction. Good luck

http://www.edauk.com/sub_telephone_helplines.htm
kalijack is offline   Reply With Quote