UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:51 AM   #106  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Sarah Ann : well done on the 75lbs thats fantastic & and thank you for the well done i love the support all your girls give its wicked

Veggie : She didnt elaborate on why we had to start wearing trainers from now on but it did pee me off a little but i said is it just this week she said no its permantly now and mumbled something about varcuas. (Do i look Bovvvverrred about varcuas) lol

Katie : Thats not a bad idea i might weight them later lol.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:03 AM   #107  

Hope you guys all getting on ok. I haven't dared weigh myself. Friends over for the weekend who brought lots of sh*t including the cake boxes (3 for 2) from M&S, had my favourite, flapjack, so ate at least 1/2 a tub Also had crisps etc. Didn't really enjoy it all which is good, but we had a very busy pyro weekend again and I wasn't prepared.

Also my b'day yesterday so we had a take-away curry - which I did enjoy .

Back to it now though (until Sat when my mum's taking us out to a very nice restaurant )
tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:07 PM   #108  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Happy Birthday for Yesterday Tranq and good luck with your weight in tommorow. I had a quick jump on the scales and it said 19st 1lb and i was 19st 4lbs at last weight in so im glad that thinks still seem to be moving , i have cut down to one serving of bread per day as she said i was eating too much bread per day so that seems to have done the trick but we will see tommorow.

Take care and speak soon.

Teresa
Old 11-15-2006, 04:57 AM   #109  

Tranq-Hope you had a great birthday, don't do what I did and beat your self up about going off track.

Well I had to do the happy dance yesterday at my weigh-in. I lost 4LB.
I did do my salsacise nearly every day last week, and stuck to quick start.

Treez- How is this for obsession. I was dressed all in black to go to my class, so I thought I'd put my black trainers on as well, but I remembered you last week and thought what if they weigh more than the white, so I weighed them, and they did, so I stuck with the white [B]mad or what.

I,ve only got to lose another lb this week to be back at the start of the xmas challenge.

Good luck with weigh-ins everyone.

Carole
chunkycarole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:30 AM   #110  

Well done Carole - and everyone! You've inspired me to get out my salsasize, again!
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:27 AM   #111  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Thanks, everyone, for the congratulations on the 75lbs - its been such a slow journey that I never really think about how much I've lost. I kinda just plod on! DH told me yesterday that I started low GI'ing two months before last Christmas so I've celebrated my first low GI anniversary. I actually managed to low GI right over last Christmas and it was okay - I kept to low GI but didn't actually count calories.

Tranquility - Sounds like a great weekend and you have done fantastically to get re-motivated and back to low GI'ing so quickly. Is there any way you could stick to low GI foods at the restaurant with your Mum?

Teresa - brilliant on that 3lbs!!!!!

Carole - well done on that 4lbs!!! Carry on like that and you'll lose that dress size for Christmas within a couple of weeks!!!!!

PhatPhoenix - d'you find that salsacise is more 'challenging' that normal aerobics? I found it to be a killer for my hips.

Well... you all tempted me... I actually got myself some WW ready meals as a change. Farm Shops were doing them 5 for £5 - but they didn't have a very large selection. I'm quite looking forward to having this pizza thing for my lunch - I've been craving pizza for weeks. I'm not sure how low GI they are - I'm a bit worried it'll be high GI and I'll get that awful afternoon blood sugar slump - has anyone had any problems with it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HEINZWW_ITALIANO_PIZZA.jpg (10.3 KB, 10 views)
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #112  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Hey girls

Well done Carole on your 4lbs that excellent hunni , and i totally understand the weighing trainers thing i weight mine and there about 1lb lol but i had to put a bit of pressure on them to get the weight hehe cos it was saying 0.00 at first hehe

Sarah Ann & Phat : good luck for your week ahead.

Me : I have lost 1lb this week but it is TOM so i was happy with that i worried id be the same or put it on so 1lb off is a real bonus for me.

Take care all

Teresa
Old 11-15-2006, 05:20 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Very well done girls

Michele x
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:39 AM   #114  

You guys have all done brilliantly - well done

I'm going to try to be sensible on Sat so I'll go back to my weigh in on Tues. Weekend after we're meant to be going away for a few days so that'll be fatal but I've picked a hotel with gym and pool
tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:49 AM   #115  
Consistency + Balance

Morning!

That pizza thing was actually really nice - not much like a pizza, but still very tasty and not bad for £1 and 300 cals.

Teresa - well done on that pound - not easy when its TOM!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:28 AM   #116  

Thanks Michele, and I'm glad to hear the good news about your Dad.

Sarah Ann - I did'nt even look at the Pizza, when I was buying my w w meals. If it is only 300 cals I'll definately try it next time.

I don't think I'll loose as much this week, as I have'nt done any salsa, because I've got man flu. It's really only a cold, but if the three men in my life have got man flu, I must have it too.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Carole
chunkycarole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:05 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Oh Carole I so know what you mean about man flu - I've got hubby and eldest son (16) with it at the moment and oh have they got double pneumonia I've just been knocked back in Asda though over trying to buy too much medicine, according to Government guidelines (so I've just been told) you can only buy 2 medicines containing it at any one time - I tried to buy beechams powder capsules (for both while at work/college), box of lemon lemsip (for hubby) and a box of blackcurrant lemsip (son) and had to give one of them back. Seriously if I was ever going to try and cause myself any harm with paracetamol I wouldn't be doing it with Lemsip
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:04 AM   #118  
Consistency + Balance

I do think they take it to extremes sometimes - after all you can walk in to a chemist and get far more of it.

At least, though, they made you aware of the problems. A lot of people don't realise that stuff like Beachams Powders and Lemsip have paracetamol in them. I remember years ago a woman in Maidstone died from a paracetamol overdose. It was Christmas and she had guests so in an effort to not let her flu ruin everyones' Christmas, she took the recommended dose of paracetamol but was washing them down with Lemsip - and she was sipping on Lemsip for most of the day.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:56 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Ahh that is sad

I would rather that they had just advised me, I can understand that. I've since been back and bought the blackcurrant lemsips and more importantly some blister plasters as I got a rotten blister when on the treadmill last night Never mind woe is them - it's woe is me
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:46 AM   #120  

I wonder how they check the paracetamol thing with the self scanning machines I can't believe people wouldn't know lemsip had paracetamol in it do they think it's just a hot drink? Lemsip is foul the blackcurrent one is an improvement though. Not that I ever buy lemsip I'm too poor supermarket own brand is my middle name.

I shouldn't admit this but I buy 4 packs of yoghurt that cost about 30p. Yes they are rubbish.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote