3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   August chat time (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/90616-august-chat-time.html)

2frustrated 08-16-2006 10:12 AM

I hope I get a fit Sweatbox instructor! The Body Conditioning woman is quite inspirational - she must be at least 60 but she's great! :D

veggie 08-16-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah Ann (Post 1372362)
Veggie - DH thinks its going to cost £1500 to £2000 - the dentist charges at £115 per half hour!

Bliiiiiiiiimey :fr: :hot: that is bad.

YP1 08-16-2006 03:21 PM

Michele, sorry about your dad.

Sarah, your tooth sounds nasty. I hate dentists too, and haven't been to one for years. More embarassingly, my grandfather used to be a dentist and I daren't admit my fear to him!

Frus - glad you had a good time in Marrakesh and there weren't too many problems with your flights.

I'm really shattered at the moment, work seems to have gone crazy and between that and training by the time I get home all I seem to want to do is go to bed and sleep. Still, it cuts the evening snacking a bit (shame about the vending machine addiction that has replaced it!)

I'm scared, the Berlin marathon website has a thing where you can check your name to see if you're registered and I'm in. I guess there's no backing out now! Apparently the registration packs are on their way.

I'm dithering about my race on Sunday. I'm not intending to race it, just use it as a measured training run, but it's 18 miles and apparently "challengingly" hilly, and my best long runs tend to be flat (Berlin's flat so I'm not bothered about hill training at this stage). On the other hand, if I do it I'll get to see a university friend who hasn't seen me since Christmas, which will be a bonus. I think I'll see how my legs feel, they're not too bad at the moment, but I don't think they're up to 18 miles of hills just yet!

In Sheffield again tomorrow, then probably straight to Spanish. It's just neverending.

kykaree 08-16-2006 03:25 PM

Hi all. Oh Sarah, you are in the wars. Col needs new toothy pegs too, but he's not been near a dentist.

I have posted pics of the table on my blog! I thought it was a tad too OT to post here!!!

Not much to tell you all, I have a very boring life at present, and that's not a bad thing!

micheleherts 08-16-2006 05:47 PM

Hello everyone

Thank you all for your kind words.

I didn't feel that good today at had that sicky feeling all day but this evening I felt much better. Went to the gym and and worked really hard.

My boys have done nothing but fight all evening it drives me up the pole. then I go upstairs and find Conor is cleaning out his goldfish and put them in one of my saucepans oh what joy. He is 15 in a couple of weeks I have never known anyone sleep as much as he does I swear the child has narcolepsy.

Since my two days back at work I have not touched any of the rubbish we have in our staff room. It goes to show what I must get through at work as I lost four pounds in the two weeks I was off I am now ten stone!!!!!

Has this four pounds gone off my tummy has it bolloxs I am not sure where it has gone from although I have to say this morning I went to grab a bra for work and pulled out a La Senza black one with pretty little red flowers on it
and it fitted nothing hanging out. So I wore it I was too much of a hurry to find the knickers that matched it though!!! So my bosoms must have shrunk.

Anyway lovely to hear all your news.

Goodnight godbless

SW 14 stone 10lbs
CW 10 stone
GW 9 stone 7lbs less if poss

PhatPhoenix 08-16-2006 06:56 PM

Hey Michele - ask your oldest to check out the forums here:

www.goldfishparadise.com

That'll explain to him why he shouldn't be doing 100% water changes or tipping them out into anything, poor things! Hope he's using a dechlorinator, too! (We knew nothing about fish but had to find out fast when our oldest came home from a fair with 3 goldfish - taken by a friend's mum, not me, I hasten to add - we've managed to keep one of them alive 3 years, so far thanks to that website! My husband says keeping race horses would be cheaper than our 4 goldfish....)

2frustrated 08-17-2006 03:45 AM

We had goldfishies live for 8 years until SOMEONE, MOTHER! bought 2 new leetle fishies that gave the rest of them fin rot - all but one died and I'm not sure how that one's going! I think it was sick last I heard! It's 7 and a bit now - I was given it for my 16th birthday!

Oh my! My legs are still recovering from all my stupid exercise yesterday! :lol: I went for a quick run round the park yesterday morning - 20 mins or less. Then I did 2 ish miles on the treadmill, shouldda been 3.5 miles but I'd forgotten my knee support so I did about 30 mins jog/walk and the last ten on level 9 (whatever that means!) hills. Then I went to Body Conditioning - which is such a laugh since I forget how much Aerobics is in it! I always feel such a fool, but it's great fun since it's so cheesey! Then I went to Sweatbox. I thought it was going to be boxercise. I was dissapointed! Plenty of sweat but no boxing :mad: It was like intense step with resistance band exercises and weights and situps. I sweated lots and lots and since I was wearing my pedal pushers everyone was staring at my bruised legs (see my blog for photos) which was nice. The instructor thought I'd been paintballing and someone else suggested hockey (thanks! I have hockey players legs!!). :lol: I told them it was hand to hand full contact street fighting :rofl: They are scared of me now! :rofl:

Got home full of energy so washed up and read my recipe books to find new meals.

Today I'm planning a quick jog to losen up my leggies, then it's double kickboxing :hyper: :yawn:

Sarah Ann 08-17-2006 03:56 AM

Hi everyone :)

I managed to shave 10 minutes off my normal walk/jog/scramble this morning (no falls today!) I didn't sleep well last night so I was out and walking at 5.45!

DH told me that he'd seen some deer in the roughland area at the back of my house but I'd not seen them - I think they get scared off when people start their cars to go to work. This morning, because I was up before dawn, they (a Mum and two children) were still there eating their breakfast. Ahhhh! I sat there with binoculars for half an hour just watching them - the little 'uns were playing.

I've got the dentist this afternoon and I'm scared stiff. DH keep trying to cheer me up by telling me that the equipment will be a lot more sophisticated (less painful?) than it was when I was a kid - which is where my fear/phobia stems from. I just wish I could be put to sleep and wake up with it all done but that isn't going to happen :(

Sarah Ann 08-17-2006 03:58 AM

Your body condition and sweat box sound a lot like the class I do on a Monday afternoon. I enjoy it but mainly because the other women doing it are very funny.

2frustrated 08-17-2006 04:11 AM

I just :love: doing the grapevine! :rofl:

The Sweatbox woman was V scary, but I was using heavier weights than her and since I was sweating profusely she kept asking me if I was alright!!!! Yeah, I'm working hard!!! :lol: She kept trying to offer me light weights, but I had 4kgs and they were titchy, but we were doing cardio punch things with them, but it was all good! Very intense!

peacock 2 08-17-2006 04:15 AM

Oh Sarah Ann! The price you pay for having a fall!

I get antsy anyway going to the dentist cos of the money - not scared of the treatment - it is the removal of ££s from my purse that scares me! (funnily enough I never have this sort of panic around the shops!!).

Sarah Ann 08-17-2006 04:54 AM

Frus - don't knock the grapevine - there is NOTHING funnier than watching my class do it - Sexy Legs always has us do hamstring and bicep curls DURING the grapevine and at the end we normally go straight in to a slow squat which we spring out of and bounce twice backwards before starting over again in the opposite direction. Which is okay if everyone pays attention and knows what they're doing - which they don't - usually I end up falling over the woman behind me who can't seem to grasp the concept of jumping backwards.

Actually that is basically the first hour of the class that I do with Sexy Legs - its like 'Simon Says' - he starts off with the grapevine (with curls) and and then adds to it which we repeat and then he adds some more to it, which we repeat, and so on - until the sequence lasts about 5 minutes without stopping - which we then do through twice more. Inbetweenwhiles, while we watch what steps are being added next, we have to march on the spot raising our knees high and twisting to touch the opposing elbow to the knee. The last 30 minutes is much easier - just abs and stretches.

Peacock 2 - I'm seriously P'd off about the cost - we hate putting stuff on Visa because of the interest - the other thing is we were hoping to go to Las Vegas on holiday next year but it looks like we'll be paying off Visa for my teeth instead. :( :( :(

Sarah Ann 08-17-2006 04:56 AM

I'll have to suggest adding weights - although I can't imagine the old dear next to me waving dumbbells around - she is SO scary - she is in her mid 70s and wears all that Jane Fonda lycra, headbands and legwarmers stuff. :lol3:

2frustrated 08-17-2006 05:04 AM

Sarah can you balance transfer once it's on Visa - there are some companies that do interest free balance transfers for 6-9 months and charge about 2% handling fee. I'm still paying for my bike on a balance transfer! :lol:

Sarah Ann 08-17-2006 05:21 AM

Good idea - I'll suggest it to DH. Its something we've never had to bother with before because our Visa card is used strictly for emergencies.

I just remembered something the dentist said which is now worrying me - he said that it should all be finished in time for Christmas. CHRISTMAS ?!?!

I'm planning on having my main meal of the day at 2pm so I only need soup or something for my evening meal. DH is taking advantage of the situation and is having fish 'n' chips. :censored: