3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   August chat time (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/90616-august-chat-time.html)

Sarah Ann 08-16-2006 04:01 AM

:hug: :hug: Michele, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad and I hope the hormone treatment helps. :hug:

peacock 2 08-16-2006 04:09 AM

((((HUgs))) and good wishes to Michelle. Hope everything goes ok.

Mum is worried about my Dad cos he is going loo more than he used to. However me, mum and dad are all falling to bits (old age!).

2frustrated 08-16-2006 04:52 AM

:hug: Michelle - sorry to hear about your Dad - hopefully things will go as easily as can be expected.

:hug: Sarah - I go away for 3 days and what do you lot get up to! :rolleyes: ;) How's your toothypegs now? You have more bruises than me now ;)

:hug: Helen - you truly rock! I couldn't even make it out of the door for a run yesterday on my extra sneaky day's holiday!!!

Marrakech was fantabulous! I will post some piccies later when I have done some work etc!!! We had a 4 poster-bed, en-suite room, swimming pool, little courtyard with birdies, free breakfast and it was ALL GOOD! :D I even got some funky pointy zebra-striped shoes! :D :lol: We spent £40 all weekend! :D Flights were ok, not delayed, but we spent 3 hours in a queue between half 4 and half 7am on Saturday. Fortunately that meant I slept for the 3 hour plane journey rather than moan for 3 hours about not having a book to read!! On the way back they let you take anything as long as it was in a plastic carrier bag :rolleyes:

Yesterday I went into town and bought some Tiffany necklaces for my bridesmaids. My credit card is groaning at the seams! :doh: Met DF for lunch, then came home and napped rather than go out running, then went to kickboxing - did funny spinny things that are going to be **** to practise for the next 4 weeks. I'm sure I might lose a knee-cap or something in the process! :doh:

Today, I've actually been doing some work so far... I must do some more work so that my figures aren't down! Tomorrow we have to go and meet someone in Camden Town :rolleyes: I don't mind getting there, but getting to kickboxing from there is going to be a nightmare!!!!! :tantrum:

DF and I have brought some funny tummy bug back from Marrakech - I'm feeling sick most times when I eat (which is kinda good ;) ) and he's just running to the loo! :lol: It's either from Marrakech or was the cheesey chips we had in Yates's after kickboxing on Monday! DF trained with me!!! :rofl: He's so funny! Bless him!

Suppose I'd better get on and catch up with other stuff!

laters :wave:

peacock 2 08-16-2006 04:56 AM

Hey 2 frus! Glad you liked Marrakesh! Sounds like you got some good bargains!

However, you are back home now so no haggling in the supermarkets, they don't like it!!!

2frustrated 08-16-2006 08:36 AM

Just been for a lunch time run around the park :D

Felt a bit fast - was getting slightly winded but kept it up since it was only a quickie :o

Aiming for 3.5 miles on the treadmill tonight :yawn: and some light UB weights and maybe some leggies. Then I'm going to "body conditioning" to "tone" with "pink dumbbells" :lol: Then I'm going to Sweatbox, which sounds more my kinda thing, but I bet it's girlie! If we wear gloves, next week I'll take along my pink ones! :rofl:

Sarah Ann 08-16-2006 08:36 AM

Frus - glad you got back okay. :hug:

Well, my fall is going to cost a LOT of money. I went to the dentist yesterday afternoon and it all went a bit pear shaped. I am the worlds worst at the dentist and was very tearful and wound up (and in pain) even before I went in so he spent ages trying to calm me down, took X-rays and gazed at my mouth without prodding it. He then asked me if any of my close family suffered with major tooth/gum health problems and I said that my Dad had gum problems in his early 40s and had to have all his teeth removed - scarily the dentist just nodded his head when I told him about it and said its probably hereditary. Then it suddenly clicked in to my head what he was trying to tell me....

At that point I had a full blown panic attack - they are obviously used to this because the nurse quickly gave a paper bag to breathe in and out of.

So I've got to go back tomorrow afternoon.... I am soooooooo scared. DH is being lovely and supportive but you can tell he's a bit gobsmacked by how much it is all going to cost.

I fell down a fairly steep slope - I'd just climbed up it - when I got to the top I turned round to look at the view and must have slipped on the mud - I went from the top to the bottom which is about 35 ft - but not all of it on my face I think I must have flown some of it - I don't really remember. I think I must have temporarily knocked myself out! :rolleyes: Lucky its muddy and grassy - so it was a reasonably soft landing - I s'pose it could have been worse.

2frustrated 08-16-2006 08:39 AM

Waaaaaaaaaaaw poor likkle you :hug:

Are you getting plenty of sympathy? BTW when you have dental surgery, the only thing that you can POSSIBLY eat is chocolate buttons slid through the tiny gap in your swollen mush! ;) :yes:

At least they've sorted it out now, rather than you having problems later without a dentist.

Sarah Ann 08-16-2006 08:47 AM

Oh yes, DH is being very sympathetic - keeps cracking silly jokes which makes me laugh - which hurts! His parting shot this morning was: 'Is there ANYTHING you won't do to lose weight?' :censored:

I don't much like chocolate - so I've bought some taramasalata and hummus and I spent the morning making smooth soups.

Sarah Ann 08-16-2006 08:49 AM

Bum - I was supposed to be going to a new Body Pump class this evening with a friend. I definitely don't feel like it.

2frustrated 08-16-2006 09:04 AM

:rofl: God yeah - I never thought of that!!!! I should get someone to smack me in the mouth tomorrow! :rofl:

Body Pump!!!! Woooo! :cheer: see how you feel! I bet it'll take your mind off your mouth - unless you drop a dumbbell while you're chest-pressing :o ;)

veggie 08-16-2006 10:00 AM

Poor Sarah how much is a lot of money? I want to hear the full horror of it. :eek: We have a NHS walk in dentist centre here thankfully.

Sarah Ann 08-16-2006 10:04 AM

No - I just rang the bloke with the sexy legs at the gym (whose the instructor of the new Body Pump class) and asked him if I should do the class if I've got all these painkillers floating around in me and he said noone should ever do any kind of exercise when they've taken strong painkillers because they'll kill the sensation to let you know if you're overdoing it (or something like that). Nice bloke though - very sympathetic - maybe there's more to him that sexy suntanned muscle-y legs!

Sarah Ann 08-16-2006 10:05 AM

Veggie - DH thinks its going to cost £1500 to £2000 - the dentist charges at £115 per half hour!

2frustrated 08-16-2006 10:05 AM

:faint: sexy suntanned muscley legs!

I'm there! :lol: Can I do your body pump class???

PS HOLY CWAP! We need a "Sarah's Tooth" fundraising run! :lol:

Sarah Ann 08-16-2006 10:08 AM

Its the same bloke thats been subbing for my aerobics class teacher - she's good but he's great (and he's got those great legs) - his normal job is being the manager of my local leisure centre. The first time I saw the legs was when he was doing lifeguard duty when I was swimming.

Yes, we're putting the whole thing on Visa - arghhhh!