3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Slimming world recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/84201-slimming-world-recipes.html)

peacock 2 05-25-2006 12:44 PM

Veggie - I thnk you are the only one! Everyone else I know who has eaten it , hates it! I thought they did not make it anymore? Or can you still get it???

Zafira 05-25-2006 02:48 PM

Yes you can still get scan bran:D !
we get it at our class and H&B still sells it- i only like it in a chocolate scan bran cake though- cant eat it on its own - its like chipboard LOL!

lou1978 07-12-2006 06:05 PM

anyone got a recipie for frittata?

muchly thanks

lou

veggie 07-12-2006 07:45 PM

Is there no frittata on the members site? I can't get on it at the mo to look.

We had a scan bran cake tasting tonight! Everyone loved it :p I didn't bother tasting it this time.

Amy Blue 07-12-2006 11:27 PM

Hi guys,

I have a recipe - it's for a sort of gravy. It's free on green and it tastes brilliant with mashed potatoes.

INGREDIENTS

200g tin of baked beans
1 Medium onion, sliced (or chopped)
2 tsp of beef bovril made up with hot water
1 tsp of worcestershire sauce (optional)
1 tsp of flavour enhancer (or any herb of your choice)
1 tsp of all purpose seasoning
Half a tsp of garlic seasoning

METHOD

Add the herbs to the chopped onion and fry the mixture in frylight. Once the onions are soft, place them in a small baking tin. Cover the onions with the baked beans. Add the bovril mix and put in the oven (220 degrees C) for about 20 minutes or until the mixture has thickened slightly.

You can have this with 'bovril potatoes' - par boil some potatoes and place on a baking tray sprayed with frylight. Spread little bits of chicken flavoured bovril (right from the jar) onto the potatoes and spray with frylight. Bake until golden brown - they taste lovely. :)

veggie 07-13-2006 09:36 AM

Lou there is a courgette and asparagus frittata recipe on the members site.

jandanjo 04-28-2011 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zafira (Post 1258217)
1/5 syn on green for the whole cake!!

1 tin chickpeas, drained and washed
1 tbspn almond essence(or another flavour, i did orange this morning)
1 tsp baking powder(1/2syn)
3 eggs
3/4 cup of sweetener

Zap in a blender until smooth and put in a round 8in cake tin after squrting with some fry light and cook on 190/gas5ish for about 40mins. turn out and cool while mixing together a tub of quark with loads of sweetener and a little vanilla essence and when the cake is cool spread evenly over the top. Decorate with fresh slices of strawberry.

This may sound funny but I promise that the chickpeas magically turn into flour somehow
so try it, you don't know what you are missing if you don't
ENJOY

Is this really so low in syns? I have read a few things on different sites that say you have to syn it because you are using the chickpeas as a flour substitute> It is very tasty though