3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Slimming world recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/84201-slimming-world-recipes.html)

Zafira 05-12-2006 05:21 PM

Slimming world recipes

Free curry sauce

1 Onion
2 cloves Garlic
1 tsp finely grated ginger (I dont like ginger but still used it and couldn't taste it)
1tbsp hot or med curry powder
400g tin chopped tomatoes
57ml/2fl oz veg stock
2 tbspn sweetner
57g/ 2oz natural yoghurt or Quark/fromage frais
1tbspn chopped mint
1 tbspn chopped coriander

( I didn't have either of the herbs, but it was still nice!)

Chop onions and crush garlic. Spray frying pan with fry light and place on heat - add onion, garlic, and ginger and fry for 1-2 mins before adding curry powder.
Stir and cook for another couple of mins then add tomatoes, sweetner and stock.
Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer gently for 12-15 mins.
Then blitz sauce in food processor or with hand blender, and return to heat. Heat gently then add quark/yoghurt/fromage frais and herbs.

EAT!
It is really nice! I make curries at least twice a week and will now use this sauce base for them - nothing else I have bodged together comes close! You can always split the sauce and add cream for the others in your life no on a diet, but it is lovely!

you can even leave it 'lumpy' like i do and not blend it and add extra mushrooms/veg on a green day or add meat for a red day!

Zafira 05-12-2006 05:29 PM

Syn free quiche

Syn free pasta quiche: make up a packet of Batchelors Pasta n Sauce as directed on the packet but using only water, whisk in 4 eggs, pour into a flan dish and stick it in the oven until set (about 30-40 minutes). Easy and really nice, especially when hot.

Syn free rice quiche: make up a packet of Batchelors Savoury Rice as directed, whisk in 4 eggs and a large tub of very low fat cottage cheese. Season to taste. Pour into a flan dish and cook in the oven for about 30-4- minutes till firm to the touch.

Syn free onion & leek quiche (my favourite): Chop 1 large onion and 2 leeks and saute in Frylight till soft and golden. Put them into a flan dish. Whisk 4 large eggs with a large tub of very low fat cottage cheese, Season to taste, pour over the onion & leeks and put in the oven till set (again about 30-40 minutes on gas 6).

a main recipe for Sw quiche i s a large tub of VLF cottage cheese and 3 eggs whisked together and then add whatever else to it that is free depending on whatever day you are on red or green!

also you can top with sliced tomatoes and peppers too!

Zafira 05-12-2006 05:48 PM

Quorn spag bol recipe-free on green

this is a fave recipe of mine that i make quite a bit -all the family love it too
It also makes LOADS- enugh to feed my family of 5 for 2 days , you can also freeze it too after cooking

one bag quorn mince defrosted
one jar passata
2 tins chopped tomatoes-with or without herbs- i prefer herb ones
500g mushrooms finely chopped
2 onions chopped
herbs(italian mix is good)
very lazy garlic- 2 heaped teaspoons
a handfull of red split lentils(helps to thicken as they break right down)
a spoonfull of splenda

fry the onion and mushrooms in frylight when softened add the garlic

put lentils in the bottom of slowcooker
add the quorn mince
onions and mushrroms,herbs,garlic,passata and tomatoes,sweetener
add a small amount of water to make sure it is all covered then turn on the slow cooker and then later at teatime stir and check for seasoning

this does taste better with a couple of veggie oxo(1 syn each) or some vecon(free veggie stock)

you can also make it in a saucepan, it takes approx 1/5 hour simmering and just add all the ingredients in together

you can mess around with the basic recipe, add extra lean mince for a red day or skip the quorn and add lots of other veg

but thats the basic tomato based pasta sauce- and i think its better than the shop bought ones myself!

Zafira 05-12-2006 05:55 PM

Choc scan bran cake

Scan Bran Chocolate Cake

1 Healthy ‘B’ Selection and 6½ syns

5 Scan Bran (1 ‘B’ selection)
28g cocoa powder (4½ syns)(or 2 sachets highlight/options-4 syns)
1 level tbsp. Golden syrup (2 syns)
15g powdered sweetener
2 eggs, beaten

Break scan bran into small pieces then sprinkle on hot water. Leave a few minutes then break up with a fork, until scan bran resembles breadcrumbs (use extra hot water as necessary). Stir in the cocoa powder, syrup and sweetener. Mix in the beaten egg and stir well.

To cook:
Line a loaf tin with foil and spray with Frylight. Bake for 25-30 minutes in a medium oven (190c).
OR
Place in a microwavable container (or pack lunch box) and microwave on high for 5 minutes.

i cook mine in a microwave - in a microwavable bowl -place greaseproof paper on the bottom pour on mixture -cook on high for 5-6 mins , then tip out on a plate and cook on high again till set

i really like this recipe -it is very cake like- and a good way to eat the otherwise 'chipboard' scan bran LOL

you can always add choc essence or vanilla essence too

Zafira 05-12-2006 06:00 PM

Windy Pie LOL

Mushrooms and Onions - chop and fry in fry light
Put in an dish and put 2 tins of baked beans on top
Top the beans with mashed potatoes
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or so

Free on green

Add cheese to the top if you want to use a HeA or some sins

This is delicious. You can have it on its own or with quorn sausages etc.
The amounts you use obviously depend on the size of pie you want - the measurements aren't exact.

Why is it called windy pie??? I'll leave the guessing up to you!!! ;0)

Zafira 05-12-2006 06:07 PM

Rosti Pizza

4 lge potatoes (raw) grated and excess water removed
1-2 onions grated
1-2 eggs beaten

Mix everything together and place on a pizza pan cook in oven gas mk 6-7 untill golden brown.
Add topping of your choice EG pasata cheese onion ham pineapple or whatever you like and cook untill hot and cheese has melted.

Great recipe just dont make the base too thick or it will take too long to cook!

Zafira 05-12-2006 06:11 PM

Macaroni cheese

I love cheese - so I love this recipe, it serves 4 and is 5 Syns for the whole thing! (If using A’s or B’s for the cheese). Some times I use all my A's and B's for cheese and eat the whole thing my self! But that’s only on very hungry days, most of the time I half the ingredients and put only 1oz cheese in it, as the leftovers don’t re-heat well.(it goes a bit thick-so unless you add more milk when re-heating its best eaten when first cooked

Also I've found that if you use low fat cheese (to get more cheese in for you HE!) it doen't thicken so well.

Macaroni cheese

14oz/397g Macaroni
4 oz Cheddar Cheese
1 oz/28g Sauce flour, (Any plain floor is fine and the Syns are the same).
11fl oz/312 veg. stock, (Or chicken Bovril is free if your not veggie).
Salt and Pepper

Cook the Macaroni (even though it’s free you should measure it to make sure there’s good sauce to pasta ratio J) and grate the cheese.

In a pan whisk the flour into the stock. Add 2oz of the cheese and season. Bring to the boil slowly, stirring constantly. Simmer Gently from 3 mins until you get a smooth and silky sauce. (I put the stock and the floor in the food processor and blintz it together – then put it in a saucepan and stir in the cheese and stir till thick).

Mix the sauce and the macaroni, put in an ovenproof dish sprinkle over the rest of the cheese and grill till hot, bubbly and golden.

Enjoy.

Zafira 05-12-2006 06:16 PM

Chick pea cake!

1/5 syn on green for the whole cake!!

1 tin chickpeas, drained and washed
1 tbspn almond essence(or another flavour, i did orange this morning)
1 tsp baking powder(1/2syn)
3 eggs
3/4 cup of sweetener

Zap in a blender until smooth and put in a round 8in cake tin after squrting with some fry light and cook on 190/gas5ish for about 40mins. turn out and cool while mixing together a tub of quark with loads of sweetener and a little vanilla essence and when the cake is cool spread evenly over the top. Decorate with fresh slices of strawberry.

This may sound funny but I promise that the chickpeas magically turn into flour somehow
so try it, you don't know what you are missing if you don't
ENJOY

Zafira 05-12-2006 06:21 PM

Jelly Mullers

something else i make quite often is these

1 sachet sugar free jelly
1 muller light(frre one) -corresponding flavour to jelly

make up jelly to 3/4 pint when cool add muller and mix well,then pour into little pots- ( i.e old washed out cheesecake/ snack dessert tubs etc)

then chill

2 syns the whole lot-makes approx 6 pots and a good low syn dessert to snack on:)

Homersmummy 05-13-2006 12:22 PM

Home made chili con carne. ;) I literally made this up myself by trial and error. But it worked first time and I LOVE it!

Quorn mince (cause it's free on a green day, so can have it with piles of rice!)
Onion
Bovril from Jar (made up with about half a cup to a cup of boiling water)
Tin of Chopped Tomatoes.
Kidney Beans
Baked beans
Chili powder
Fry Light for frying Onion.
Mushrooms or whatever else you fancy.
Garlic (I use Puree)
Tomato Puree (just one teaspoon I use in a big batch)

I fry the Onions in a little Fry Light until translucent, add the Quorn, fry for
a bit... then I add the Bovril made up with Boiling water, let it boil away for
a few minutes then add the tomatoes, turn down to simmer. Add the Kidney beans,
cook it out until the kidney beans are soft. Then add baked beans (I use
Branston beans, as they are plumper and they thicken the sauce better). Add the
Chili powder to your taste, I don't like heat, just the taste so I use a
teaspoon and a half in big batch. Then cook it out until it's thickened.
Best of all, it's totally free for me! Apart from the Purees, but I always cook
up a big batch and only use one teaspoon of each, so I don't count it as it's
only 1 syn odd for one tsp each.

impossible princess 05-13-2006 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homersmummy
Home made chili con carne. ;) I literally made this up myself by trial and error. But it worked first time and I LOVE it!

Quorn mince (cause it's free on a green day, so can have it with piles of rice!)
Onion
Bovril from Jar (made up with about half a cup to a cup of boiling water)
Tin of Chopped Tomatoes.
Kidney Beans
Baked beans
Chili powder
Fry Light for frying Onion.
Mushrooms or whatever else you fancy.
Garlic (I use Puree)
Tomato Puree (just one teaspoon I use in a big batch)

I fry the Onions in a little Fry Light until translucent, add the Quorn, fry for
a bit... then I add the Bovril made up with Boiling water, let it boil away for
a few minutes then add the tomatoes, turn down to simmer. Add the Kidney beans,
cook it out until the kidney beans are soft. Then add baked beans (I use
Branston beans, as they are plumper and they thicken the sauce better). Add the
Chili powder to your taste, I don't like heat, just the taste so I use a
teaspoon and a half in big batch. Then cook it out until it's thickened.
Best of all, it's totally free for me! Apart from the Purees, but I always cook
up a big batch and only use one teaspoon of each, so I don't count it as it's
only 1 syn odd for one tsp each.

thats freaky its exactly how I make it its yummy

sarahgrace 05-20-2006 12:01 PM

i'm off to make Windy Pie!! oo-er :p

veggie 05-20-2006 12:24 PM

I had scan bran cake once at sw I liked it but I then had a coughing fit. :devil:

Mummy_Tummy 05-25-2006 11:54 AM

Can someone tell me what scan bran is? Thanks!

veggie 05-25-2006 12:01 PM

Scan bran is just a high fibre bran crispbread you can get it from sw or holland and barrett. My old consultant never used to get it in as no one liked it. ;)