UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:25 AM   #1  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Default I Need a buddy whos doing WW home or meeting

I just wondered if anyone is doing WW at home or meeting as i really need a buddy to chat to , cos im finding it really hard to get motivated into this diet and i am ok for the best part and then i have the odd bad moment , i really need someone to talk to who is on the point system so we can talk over tips and stuff.

I know this sounds weird but i think i know what i mean.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:24 PM   #2  

There must be some UK people hiding in the WW forums here. I can pretend I'm doing WW I have a lot of practice at pretending to follow plans!
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:40 PM   #3  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

I think there hiding from me lol
Old 02-24-2006, 06:44 PM   #4  
Getting Fit in 2006

Hi there, I'm doing WW at home (although not sticking to it too well!) and notice we're at about the same stage. We can help keep each other on track if you want! I'm not counting points though as I am [supposedly] on NoCount.

Right now I'm focussing more on exercise than diet, but I really should be doing both...
BitTooBuxom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:46 AM   #5  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

yeah that would be great hun , cos im kinda writing it down but not writing down points and then some day i write down point and other days i dont im all getting myself in a flutter haha.I just eed to talk to someone whos going through same as me u know and have the good and bad days together.

I'll pm you my email address and we can have a proper chat on msn if u got it.

Teresa
Old 02-28-2006, 06:39 AM   #6  
wot the...

i'm doin ww on my own so its really hard coz they'res no weekly weigh in. I'm doin the points thing so if ya need me 4 anything i'm here woo woo
ll_tatie_ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:27 AM   #7  

Can you weigh in at Boots or similar? Getting the little read out with your weight on every week is motivating if you like an 'official' weigh in.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:16 PM   #8  
wot the...

yea i never thought of that, thank yaz!
ll_tatie_ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:45 AM   #9  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

yes thats not a bad idea as my scale are usless haha.

Teresa
Old 03-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/193.5/130

Another WWer here
WillowFae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 159/151/140

I will be your buddy. I am actually a struggling Weight Watchers lifetime member. I joined years ago after I had my daughter & got down to a weight I always dreamed of. Sure enough I fell off the wagon & gained the weight back. I was too ashamed to go back to the meetings so I quit. I had my second daughter 2 years later & decided to suck it up & go back. I took off the weight again & after about 9 months it slowly started to creep back on . I am now struggling to lose 10 pounds again & everyday is a battle. I can't seem to keep motivated. I am willing to chat with you about my struggles & give you some pointers.
Strugglingwwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:33 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7''

Hey there,

I'm doing ww from home too - the classes just don't do it for me at all so I weigh in @ boots
I'm super motivated most of the time and think we'd be great help for each other.
pm me anytime! (p.s. I'm online all day GMT time)

Finn.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 156/135/119

I did, ww last year and lost about 20 pounds on it, I found the ww forum relaly helpful on the official ww site. That was what helped me to suceed i think.
I went to the meetings when I did it, but they didnt really help me much as I found them a bit embarrasing. I had to go on my own, and most other people already knew each other or came with a friend. My meeting was also upstairs in a pub at 7 oclock and people used to stare when you walked in, and one day I heard one guy explaing to his mate that the sudden influx of people was due to th "fat club" upsatirs... lol sigh*
Anyway im following low cal(using what i learnt form ww), as weight watchers was a great diet, it educates you on what you can eat, which makes keeping it off so much easier. Ive not put any of my ww weight back on, just the last 11 or so pounds that I lost with fad dieting i did before a holiday.
mia
x
cosmogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/153/126

Default My first WW meeting today!!

Hiya everyone, I had my first ww today, it was really motivating but just thought i might still need some more encouragment from all you fellow WW's out there! I'm doing the NO points plan, Hopeit goes ok, had a steak with mash potato for dinner n that was ok but feelin a little hungry now! Just keep eating oranges!! Please help if you have anytips on how to get rid of cravings! Thanks guys xxx

Last edited by wonderfulom; 05-02-2006 at 07:56 PM.
wonderfulom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:47 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7''

drink loads of water (or dilutable drinks) - it always helps to take my mind of somthing mid craving...
finn is offline   Reply With Quote