UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 06:12 PM   #1  
UK/USA Loser.

S/C/G: 295 now at below goal 113

Default HI from Milton Keynes

Hi I'm Cynda..I'm american living in MIlton Keynes
I've had my surgery by Mr Simon Dexter. in Leeds, England
Oct 2004. I've had loads of complications...

I host my own obesity group in Milton Keynes and looking for guest speakers..and if you wish to come to a meeting contact me

Thank you..
Old 04-14-2006, 08:55 PM   #2  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Cynda sorry to hear that you've had lots of complications. I don't need/want surgery thanks.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:09 AM   #3  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Hi Cynda, and

Sorry to hear about your post surgery complications, but well done on getting below your goal.

As for being a guest speaker - hmmm, I think I'd rather have teeth extracted without anaesthetic than volunteer for public speaking, but good luck with your group, and I'm sure many of the forum members are less yellow-bellied than I.

You'll have to persuade Super-Helen to come and give your group a talk about losing over 100lbs and becoming a marathon runner. She rules!

(Sorry to offer you up like that Helen but that's what you get for being such an inspiration!)

Janey
Old 04-15-2006, 06:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello Cynda

Sorry to hear about complications, I'm with Dippy on this I'd rather have my eyes poked out with a fork then be a guest speaker!!

Hope all goes well though.

I once went to Milton Keynes to see UB40 and I couldn't get home the streets
were all numbered it was all very strange!!!

Michele
Old 04-15-2006, 08:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Cynda I was just looking at that post of mine and it read I thought a little rude. I certainly didn't mean to be.

Take good care

Michele
Old 04-15-2006, 08:52 AM   #6  
Bling it on

Hello and welcome! Hope that you find some people willing to be a speaker for you-I'm much too in the early stages of weight loss to give anyone advice at this time!
Very well done on your weight loss. The difference is amazing. Sorry you had such difficulties though. Hope things are getting better now!
Old 04-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/139

Hi Cynda

Have to admit that in some of my more desperate moments I have thought about surgery - but then chickened out!

Hope you feel well now after the complications and good luck with finding a speaker.

Take care
Old 04-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #8  

I thought about the surgery too, but I am an anaethetists nightmare, so any elective surgery is pretty much out of the question. And scarring, I do great keloid scars

Is your group just for people who have had or are waiting for surgery?
Old 04-15-2006, 04:09 PM   #9  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Cynda - I hope you get back to perfect health soon. I know from personal experience how awful it is when you are ill for a long time. Good luck to you and your group and I hope you find a speaker.

I've never once thought about surgery for obesity. I have a recurring problem with getting infections after any operations - I was incredibly ill after having my appendix out when I was eleven and I nearly died after having my hysterectomy a few years ago. Unfortunately I'm also allergic to penicillin so its difficult to treat the infections.

I also feel for weeks after having an anaesthetic.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:20 AM   #10  
UK/USA Loser.

My group isn't for people searching just to have surgery..it is Weightloss Options... the OPTION is yours..weither it is weightwatchers to surgery whatever...it is an Obesity support group.

I am not looking for "guest speaker" I am looking for people to share their experiances.. if you get ahold of me I'll give you the site....I'll probably get in trouble mentioning this group again but... I just thought it needed to be expained. Sorry to the owner.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:34 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynda59
My group isn't for people searching just to have surgery..it is Weightloss Options... the OPTION is yours..weither it is weightwatchers to surgery whatever...it is an Obesity support group.

I am not looking for "guest speaker" I am looking for people to share their experiances.. if you get ahold of me I'll give you the site....I'll probably get in trouble mentioning this group again but... I just thought it needed to be expained. Sorry to the owner.
Hi Cynda, this group is for everyone too which is why we all love it. Please don't link etc to your online group as this is as you know against this forums rules.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:54 AM   #12  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I think we are all a bit too far away anyway. Perhaps you could put an ad in your local paper, on the Library / local Post Office noticeboard or in a corner shop window.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:46 AM   #13  
UK/USA Loser.

That's just it..My group is NOT on line.... it is a person to person..

And I've been on Look East and in the local papers.... I was just wondering if any of you all wanted to take part...seeing none..I won't mention it again..sorry.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:57 AM   #14  

Cynda your first post mentioned your forum it was edited because of the forum rules as you know.

I'll lock this now, anyone who wants to pm you about your obesity group in Milton Keynes can do so.
Closed Thread