3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Mad March Mutterings - the chat thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/77632-mad-march-mutterings-chat-thread.html)

2frustrated 03-02-2006 09:12 AM

:wave: Miss kykers those trousers are being dug out as we speak ;)

It's SNOWING! Yikes! I'm hopefully getting a lift home. Yipee!!!

veggie 03-02-2006 09:25 AM

Not bad Mands you've still lost loads :D :cool: :carrot:

Is there a secret thin persons meet up this weekend? :nose:

kykaree 03-02-2006 09:31 AM

Nope!!! And who are you calling a thin person, I am still obese!!! Frus is finding some pants that she is too thin to fit into and I am fat enough for them to fit :dizzy:

Thank you Ms Frus, I look forward to wearing them!!! I am running out of stuff to wear!!!

I have been booking bits of my holiday to Oz today, it's all very exciting. I am still coming up with an Oz challenge. I don't want a weight loss challenge though, boring!!!

It's my week off my healthy eating plan today, so what do I have for lunch but baked meatballs in tomato sauce with a salad, the healthy option on the menu, all the unhealthier stuff looked nasty!!!

veggie 03-02-2006 11:06 AM

Oh. Well there should be a secret one! :dizzy: :p You are thin to me. :yoga:

2frustrated 03-02-2006 11:12 AM

It's stopped snowing :D

I get to pack for my weekend up north when I get home, wahey! I also need to do some cutting and sticking and things. I have lots to do, but I really need some sleepy time too! Ah well, I'll cope, just buy me a Pepsi ;) Oh and I've started eating more carbs! :D I've been reading a book on Sports Nutrition and it says that "athletes" need at least 50-60% carbs... Athlete :?: Me? :?: But I think I DO need that carbohydrate otherwise I just have no energy and binge on bread! GO CARBS :carrot:

kykaree 03-02-2006 11:47 AM

I wonder if lack of carbs was contributing to your fatigue. I wouldn't be at all surprised. I think often we think too much about protein and forget about carbs, which are really important. I don't do the ratio thing, I just trust if I am eating the right amounts of stuff at meal times and watching my snacks, it'll be about right.

I'm trying to cancel my old gym membership and having no luck, they are so rude!!!! I just had an unbelievable conversation with a lady. My membership is held at Bury by the local council but I have to cancel it through some bizarre address in Northampton! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2frustrated 03-02-2006 11:55 AM

Oh dear, I'll come over there and box their brains in!

I think the carb thing might have been something to do with me crashing and burning, but I think I usually got around 40% a day from carbs. Anyway, I am going to enjoy a baked potato for the first time in WEEKS! I think I got a bit brainwashed by the BfL crew, who do weights and HIIT, but not prolonged endurance and explosive power. Reading www.skwigg.com it seems that 50% carbs is about right for martial arts. And lots of protein will make you slow... I'm just figuring out how to re-introduce the weights back into the programme, or if indeed I should bother since we do a lot of body weight lifts in KB, like push-ups, squats plyometrics etc. I will look again after a week back at KB and see what I can introduce, maybe just 2 days lifting and not to DOMS intensity, since I actually want to be able to move the day after :lol:

veggie 03-02-2006 02:44 PM

:mad: I'm so annoyed my fat club was cancelled 5 mins before I was going to set off for it. :mad: :tantrum: We drove around for half an hour instead :p I think I'd lost quite a few pounds as well... just have to keep it off now for next week after my birthday :eek:

kykaree 03-02-2006 04:55 PM

That's very annoying Ms Veg. Grrrrr fat club!

I don't weight lift to DOMS, not intentionally anyway. My trainer thinks the protein ratio that is quoted here is too high. I do still have the protein shakes etc to get it up a bit, but I don't hit the 30% ration I shouldn't think.

I think you'er on the right track with what you are doing.

I had the funniest experience today at the gym. I was on the ball in the abs area, these two lads, 19 - 20 years old, came up to me. My inner fat chick was like"they're going to ask you to move, they're fit, they're doing proper exercises, you're just pretending". The guys were really fit. Anyway one says "sorry to ask, but you really know what you are doing with abs training can you show us a routine?"

I was amazed, and gave them a small abs circuit, 21 split oblique and normal crunches, a couple of lower abs exercises and a back exercise. It killed them, they remarked how amazingly fit and lithe I am!! Me??!!!??

So take that inner fat chick!!!!

YP1 03-02-2006 05:44 PM

That's fantastic, it must have been such a boost!

Frus - I'm increasing my carbs at the moment too. I've not been low carbing as such up to now, but I have been eating less carbs than most of the running mags/books recommend so I'm trying to reintroduce more brown rice and wholemeal pasta/bread at the moment.

I'm watching the marathon programme that was on earlier at the moment, if that lot can train for it I certainly can!!!

veggie 03-02-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kykaree
That's very annoying Ms Veg. Grrrrr fat club!

Very annoying :( I was so looking forward to my weigh in :mad:

Quote:

I had the funniest experience today at the gym. I was on the ball in the abs area, these two lads, 19 - 20 years old, came up to me. My inner fat chick was like"they're going to ask you to move, they're fit, they're doing proper exercises, you're just pretending". The guys were really fit. Anyway one says "sorry to ask, but you really know what you are doing with abs training can you show us a routine?"

I was amazed, and gave them a small abs circuit, 21 split oblique and normal crunches, a couple of lower abs exercises and a back exercise. It killed them, they remarked how amazingly fit and lithe I am!! Me??!!!??

Hee hee :D :strong: :strong: :strong: :strong:

Homersmummy 03-02-2006 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kykaree

Woooo you go girl! LOL!:carrot: :carrot:

2frustrated 03-03-2006 03:53 AM

Poor veg, :tantrum: about fat club, keep it up for next week, just think of the amazing loss next week ;)

Kykaree, you ARE amazing :D

I just want to say one thing GO CARBS! :cb: :carrot:

I'm actually feeling better after increasing my carbs for the past week, and I'm loving the fact that I can have a nice baked potato, or some BREAD! :faint: I had a couple of weeks without bread and that dropped the pounds, but I couldn't stick to it! I'm eating for training now, and I can lower calories, since the carbs seem to be filling me up a little bit more (I know it's protein that's supposed to fill you up... :dunno: )

My fluey thing is going although this morning I woke up at 6am!!! That's 35 minutes pre-alarm! :faint: And I've got a sore throat now, but I'm sure sucking a box of strepsils will help! :D I'm actually feeling quite energised and raring to go. :hyper:

Oh my biceps are going down :( I checked them in the bathroom mirror this morning, I'm sure they'll perk up with a few press-ups ;) Oh and that was before I got an elbow in the face... Right on my cheek bone. OWIE! It was an accident though, but boy it hurts and if I get a black eye for tomorrow there'll be trouble :rollpin: I'll just tell them I got it in a fight with a black belt! :D

Happy FRIDAY all :dance:

kykaree 03-03-2006 05:43 AM

I'm looking all girly today, one of my friends walked straight past me at the tram stop! "you look like a girl!!!" she exclaimed!! I have make up on, which is quite rare for me, which is silly really because I like make up!! It's just such a pain when you change clothes 30 million times a day!!!

I went swimming this morning and had a nice spa and a steam room thingie. I feel dead relaxed, even though the trams made me late for work, and my Australian Women's Weekly was in the newsagent, they skipped a month, so I thought maybe they weren't stocking it anymore.

Salsacise at lunch time! :cb: I've never done it before, except the Rosemary Conley video, which I did once and abandoned, after stepping onto the cat and then tripping over the fireplace! Thus endeth my exercise dvd career.

Then tonight I am going with my swimming buddy Anne to her grandaughters 21st birthday. I won't know anyone there!!! But that's ok!!!

2frustrated 03-03-2006 06:38 AM

:wave: Hello girly girl ;)

I'm here to tell you all about my LUNCH! I'm dribbling just thinking about it! :rofl: Last night I had some pork medallions to use up (they'd been defrosting in the fridge since Monday :rolleyes: ), so I thought I'd do a stir fry for lunch. Well I was discussing with DF what veggies there were, and we only had carrots. So never mind, I thought, pork, carrots and rice, not bad. But THEN DF, cullinary genius that he is (thinks cheese on toast with apple as "adventurous" and tasty :rolleyes: ), suggests pork and apple. Oooooh yeah baby! I have 4 cooking apples in the fridge too! Soooo I chop up the pork and the bramley apple and throw them in the pan... THEN I put in some brown sugar and sauted it for a while, till the apple went soggy and the pork looked done. Then I mixed some wild rice with brown rice and steamed the kitchen for a good 45 minutes :rofl: So that's what I'm having for lunch today! I'm really looking forward to it! And it made TONS, so I will be well full up for ages. :D

So that was long... :rofl:

I'm feeling better and back to my bouncy tigger self :D