UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:54 AM   #16  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Tammy - I'm so pleased you came back and told us how you're getting on. Please try and pop back to let us know how you feel on a change of diet.

Why not visit here regularly because, as you've already found out, there are a whole bunch of us all trying to lose weight just as you are and it really does help to 'talk' about the problems involved - and to share the achievements as well.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #17  

Best thing to do is to work yourself out a plan and stick to it. If you have the same things every day it'll bore you to tears and you won't stick to it unless its your fave food.

Not that I eat meat or fish but fish is a good lunch time meal I do miss having cold smoked mackeral. You could have that in your lunch time salads or if you're into quorn which I think you said you were. Quorn deli bacon is great in salads as is those new quorn satay sticks. Low in cals and lovely.
Just to give you a few options.

Definitely up the breakfast. Porridge is amazing at this time of year.

Stick with it and you'll get there I bet.
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:50 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Tammy I am delighted to hear you sounding so much brighter.

Take good care and enjoy your scrambled egg!!

Michele x
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:16 PM   #19  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yaaaaayyy for Tammy
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:52 AM   #20  

Hello!

Well the good news is I think something is starting to happen! I've lodst 4lbs since starting with the scrambled eggs for breakfast! It's made such a hige difference to the way I feel during the day too so much more get up and go.

I really can't thank you guys enough though :-)
tammy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:52 AM   #21  

how do you change the ticker???
tammy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #22  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Brilliant!!!! That is WONDERFUL!! I am so pleased for you.

Have you worked out how many calories a day you are eating - it is possible not to eat enough and the body starts thinking its being starved and conserves all the energy it can?
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #23  

Height: 5'6" (167cm)

Well done Tammi, I'm glad the scales have started pointing in the right direction for you. When I read your first post I felt so sad that anyone could hate herself so much, its nice to see you feeling brighter. I lost 3 stones a few years ago and its all come back on (and then some) so I've just started again. As you can see, I've got a lot more to lose than you but the trick is to stay positive. Anyone decent will like you for who you are, whatever the tag in the back of your knickers says.
dawnie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 01:44 PM   #24  

Tammi, how are you getting on? I'm glad you are starting to feel more positive! That really helps. And I'm glad you are eating more now. I also lose weight the weeks when I eat more, as crazy as it sounds. As long as you are eating the right foods of course. Be gentle on yourself, you sound great.
juicylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:07 PM   #25  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

I'm bigger than you too.

I doubt very much your son will think that of you. Both of my parents are overweight, my mum wears size 30 clothes, same as me. I don't look at photos or her and think horrid thoughts, she's my mum and I love her! And your son will love you! If you drum into him this is how you expect he'll be when he's older, he will probably start to think that way because you're putting it in his head. And I bet you're not grotesque!

But I agree with the others, you're not eating enough. I practically starved myself last week, because I thought I was eating too much. And got a right telling off in my Slimming Class. This week I have made sure i've eaten heaps!

You'll get there, i'm only 3 weeks in. I can never picture myself thinner. But I read the success stories of the girls on here and it keeps me going.

You'll be 'reet.
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:15 PM   #26  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

If it hasn't already been suggested, you may want to visit a nutritionist to see if you can work out a plan that works for you.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:48 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 279.5/251/150

Height: 5'6

Tammy I'm SO glad to hear things are moving for you now - keep up what your doing!

I just wanted to say on the subject of your son - kids aren't born with prejudices like that; they pick them up from adults with bad attitudes. My son is now nearly 4, & he thinks I'm the most wonderful person in the world! I don't think it would occur to him that my weight should be a problem at all. Just like a mother's love is unconditional; it works both ways, so don't worry about that at all. My 6 year-old is always telling me I'm not fat if I mention it - she's certainly not bothered by it at all. In fact, I'm always telling her that it's OK to say I'm fat as I know she doesn't mean it rudely & it's just a fact. Although roll on half term ending as she announced at the top of her voice at WW yesterday "You won't have lost any weight because you've been bad all week"!!!! I was very happy to prove her wrong!
Bakewell is offline   Reply With Quote