UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-27-2006, 07:42 AM   #1  
the fat cat

S/C/G: 155/152.5/134

Height: 5.6

Angry toning up

how long does it take to tone your belly if i work out twice a week for a month should i see a change

also what about my legs how long for inner thigh help help help im stressing

taloola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

You'll see changes in your body shape after a month/ sixe weeks dependant on your workout, but you can't spot reduce- you'll just shrink a bit.

How about speaking to a personal trainer at the gymn?
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #3  

Just be thankful you're not totally smothered in fat like I was, it's taken a year for me to have any definition on my thighs whatsoever!

Be diligent, but be patient, it will happen but not overnight I'm afraid. I am still looking for the weight loss fairy, if I find her, I'll send her over
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:29 AM   #4  

I work out most days for an hour - also run, swim etc. And have been doing for 6 months but still no definition in anything! To be honest, I doubt I'll ever have any! So as the others have said, don't expects miracles.

You can develop the most fantastic 6 pack (what's the lady equivalent?) but if it's still covered by even a lttle layer of fat, no-one will know it's there!

The only definition I've got in 6 months is skeleton not muscle - I can now see my ribs and my hip bones and collar bones - but no muscle whatsoever.

Depends on genetics and your body type to some extent, also the intensity of what you do. If you're going to a gym, I'd get some advice from a trainer how to get definition as you probably have to go about it in a very set way.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:18 AM   #5  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Well - I've been walking for 2 hours a day (somewhere between 5 and 8 miles depending on my route) for the last 5 years and I've got reasonably toned legs and a nice bum - shame about the rest of me! Take it from me you can still gain weight while taking regular exercise - I've slowly managed to gain a couple of stone in the last four years, despite all the walking.

I hate gyms so I've just bought an exercise DVD and an abdominal toner machine thingy to try and do something about my tummy, waist and top half.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:43 AM   #6  

I know what you mean, Sarah. Before I started changing the way I ate/exercised, I probably already walked a couple of hours a day - a lot of it across rough farm tracks and ploughed fields to pick one of my sons up from school, and some walking my 2 very active dogs. Despite all that walking, (almost none of it on smooth pavements), I was gaining weight. At the same time I was rushing round after 2 toddlers, so it's not like I'm sat on my bum all day! I think walking is overestimated as a weight loss method! (Just made me hungrier and ate more!)
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:12 AM   #7  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

PhatPhoenix - that is exactly right! I walk over rough ground as well (across moorland) and during the time I was a foster carer to a variety of small people I still managed to put on weight (seemed to actually go on faster when I was fostering). I have a feeling that your body gets used to doing one of exercise a lot. I enjoy walking and it makes me feel good but I need something else as well. I'm looking forward to getting the DVD - the ab thingy is a bit weird!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/167/159

Height: 5' 9"

Your muscles are probably very toned with all that exercise. The fat under the skin is what keeps you from seeing all your hard work. Keep doing what you are doing, and you will lose more body fat and your muscles will emerge.

Do you know what your BMI is? This is more important for muscle definition than your weight.
LeslieFM is offline   Reply With Quote