UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-22-2005, 05:40 PM   #1  
past doesn't = the future

Thumbs up Buddy

Hi

I have 200 pounds to lose Im 45 years old and live in Scotland UK

Would love to buddy up with somebody to support each other in any way possible.

Thanks
Carolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 05:46 PM   #2  

Hi Carole, I'm Kylie, originally from Australia but now living in the UK.

We're all buddies on this part of the board, so just jump in! Are you following any particular programme? Are you exercising?

I do my own thing, like many on here, just trying to follow a healthier lifestyle, and doing a lot of exercise. I still have a long way to go to get to goal, but I'm getting there!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 05:56 PM   #3  

Hi Kylie

Not really sure what diet Im doing just now just trying to cut down. I only know that I have to do something! Getting to the stage where I dont want to leave the house and thats just not me. Ive done most diets in my time only to get fed up and bin them each time.

In regards to exercise I bought myself a training bench and a couple of kettlebells along with an exercise bike (when it arrives). Also, I have two boxers so Im trying to walk them each day. The weight I am carrying now is causing me some really serious health problems in regards to my back and joints and breathing etc. So I will have to work myself up to the exercise gradually.

You have lost a good deal of weight already well done you! Where in the UK are you. I have a brother and sister in Brisbane.

Carole
Old 11-22-2005, 06:04 PM   #4  

Being 209lbs is a heck of a lot easier than 262lbs. I hate being defined by my weight, it's a lot nicer now looking a little bit more "normal"

Have you looked at Scottish Slimmers? We don't have one here unfortunately but I do buy the "Boost" magazine. That's the programme I would do if I was going to do one. It's very sensible, and quite adaptable. I love the magazine, there was a great feature on a lady who took 8 years to lose 13 stone. I love that, that they don't care how long it takes, as long as it goes! I find I get a bit distracted if I do a group type thing, I get caught up comparing myself to others, and if I feel like I am falling behind, I just give up, so I didn't want to do that this time, so I decided to go it alone with lots of internet support, and gym work. I can't exercise at home, as I live in a tiny house, with a small cat, who gets underfoot!!! Not to mention the hubby who just sniggers! So I have turned into a gym rat, and go 5 - 6 times a week most weeks. The cute instructor today decided he was going to turn the plant room into my bedroom with a double bed!!!! Not sure if he is planning to move in too, that would certainly motivate me to stay at the gym longer!!!!

Dogs are a good thing! I would love a dog to walk! Cats are lovely, but not very motivating on the exercise front!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:32 PM   #5  

Hi Carole Welcome to the board hopefully we can all be your buddy. I have loads to lose. 9 stone. Still. Again. I'm a 1st class yo yo dieter hoping to stop yo yo ing soon.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:36 AM   #6  
Queen of Chaos!

Hi Carole! I'm in Scotland too, residing in the Borders, where about are you?
Vix
mysticvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:33 PM   #7  

Hi thanks for the welcome

Im a bit of a yo yo too but this time it bounced out of orbit!! This is the heaviest Ive ever been and if I dont do something Im going down the path of Hugh Hefner to be a wee hermit (money would be nice though)

M I live right between Glasgow and Edinburgh so its not that far from you actually we like sometimes to visit Kelso one of our favourite places to go. I love the borders its so peaceful and pretty.

Veggie its good to meet you too I look forward to getting to know everybody and helping out, being helped as you do! I have no idea how I let myself get to the stage where I have 200 pounds to lose - lets face it thats two people!! but here I am at critical mass as they say.

K I dare not go to a gym Ive set up some equipment in our spare room - dust it every day and swear to start using it !!

Lovely to meet you all - talk soon

wish I had his energy
Old 11-26-2005, 04:29 AM   #8  
Queen of Chaos!

Hi Carole, you're probably not far from where my other half lives - he's in Kilsyth.
I'll buddy up with you if you like, I could do with the extra insentive as I'm not doing very well right now!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 06:22 AM   #9  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Hi Carole

You've come to the right forum for tons of support and encouragement - everyone here is lovely (without exception!) and you will be made to feel really welcome.

Lots of us here have quite significant amounts of weight to lose, but we're all getting there in our own way and at our own pace - there's no competitiveness here, and you'll find tons more reasons to keep going than to get discouraged and quit!

All the best, Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 12:11 PM   #10  

Talking

Hi, no problem. I would love to buddy up would you like to do it here or via email? Just brought home an exercise bike and some supplement meals. I figure to take two and a small evening meal.

My absolute Waterloo is bread, I love it in any shape or form if I can keep away from it that would be half the battle for me. I wish I loved fruit and veg the way I love bread and cheese but I guess its a matter of rewiring my brain the right way around. Lord knows what happened to me I used to be the exercise Queen - played volleyball, netball, squash, rounders, circuit training, walking, running. Just now I can double for a blimp!

I havent been in here for very long but the support that everybody extends is just wonderful and a lot of you are nothing short of inspirational. Its certainly worth sticking around for.

Better get started then - Heeeeelp!!
Old 11-26-2005, 12:27 PM   #11  

Good luck Carole you can do it, even I can when I actually try!
Old 11-26-2005, 03:50 PM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

Welcome!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 08:03 PM   #13  

hi Carole glad to see you on. I am 63 and live in illinois with my favorite friend my husband we have 3 grown kids 4 grandaughters and a 5 month old great grand daughter and her mother just found out she is carrying twins oh my........lol. I am on the internet every day and love to email people. I would love to be your buddy to. I need to lose 130 pounds and that ain't no joke cough cough.lol. Hi to all her are on today. Lets make this our slogan "WE CAN DO THIS IF WE ALL STICK TOGETHER FOR WE ARE NOT ALONE IN OUR STRUGGLES.'
abigi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 08:10 PM   #14  

Welcome abigi7
Old 11-27-2005, 04:32 AM   #15  
Queen of Chaos!

Carole - you have a PM!