UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:40 AM   #1  

Default any1 know about cambride and lipotrim?

hi iv had enough of being fat iv took the plunge and ordered 1week of cambridge diet and next week 2weeks lipotrim any 1 have any advice on these products or reviews thanks
trysohard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 09:22 AM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

Lipotrim was something my doctor wanted me on through the hostpital but I refused as it was pointless for someone that was a complusive eater!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 10:44 AM   #3  

I am on Cambridge and totally love it!!! I have lost 3 stone 6 pounds since the 1st of September...I am a total compulsive eater/cheater and I have stuck with it...Its been amazing and I never stick to anything!! Once I built up a momentum I can honestly say I have never felt better!!
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 01:14 PM   #4  
Queen of Chaos!

Lipotrim - that's a new one on me!! What is it? I take it it's another "shakes" diet?
mysticvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 01:39 PM   #5  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've heard they get good results, but I personally couldn't do it. I need proper food!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:55 PM   #6  

the whole idea of a vcld is to lose wieght quick and also disaccioate from food, so its no longer the be all and end all, by living off packs and being abstinent from food, and therfore temptation. LL and CD are great casue you do counselliing, as to why you are a compulsive eater, learn about your reasons why u overate and got fat etc. also ive found my stomach is smaller in capacity therfore i cant eat big meals anymore, and i dont want to either. i need a clean diet now, im much more healty than i was 12 months ago, and 6 1/2 stone lighter. i can throughaly reccommend CD, its blimming hard to get started, but the weight falls off and you become more motivated and determined to stay with it.
devonbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:59 PM   #7  
Queen of Chaos!

What about loose skin? Surely it must be a problem when you take weight off that quick??
mysticvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:27 PM   #8  

nope.

drinking plently of water eliminates this. lots and lots 4-5 litres a day

any way for each stone the body loses it takes 2 months for the body to re adjust.

so, if you do have any lose skin, wait, and it will probably all pull back into place

with any diet, if youre severly obese, the skin has been stretched out of proportion and you lose lots, you may experience lose skin.

toning/excercise helps but the main thing is water as it prevents becoming dehydrated

it will also depend on your age. over 40s may find its a bit worse. cause the skin is weaker ie less elasticity

Last edited by devonbabe; 11-20-2005 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:07 AM   #9  

hi devon babe i was wondering after the program is finished how many calories are reccomended ? it must be really low because of the slowing of the metabolism any advice will be appriciated thanks darlin
Old 11-21-2005, 10:51 AM   #10  

on sole source youre on 480 cals, you do add a meal weeks which introduces food at 790 cals, then after your target is acheived you start maintainence over a course of weeks , building up from 790, 1200 1500 2000. the concept is to lose weight, but lmore importantly earn about your trigger foods, and by reintroducing them carfully back into your diet you should be able to maintain. spmetime we eat cause we 'think' were hungry, usually were not, our body is dehydrated, so we turn for food, where as we need to up the fluid we take into our body.

before i started this diet i was doing SW, which is great, but for me dosent overcome the compusive eaters problem, ie; to shovel as much food down their necks as possible. the counselling the vlcds give, helps you get to the core problem of your obseity.

thats why is such a great diet for 'compulsive eaters' its done to break the cycle. taking all food out of the equation makes you look at yourself in a different light, your body uses the calories stored as the fat in your body.
it a shame but so many people dont understand how it works, theyre negative about it without understanding the science behind it

for example the packs we eat contain all the vitimins and nurtients we need. ie your 5 peices of fruit and veg, your protein your iron etc is all there in the packs. i will say my nails are much stronger, my hair is glossier and i feel so much healthier than a year ago.

hers some more info regarding how it works,

On vlcd the blood sugar is low and the body uses its store of suger that it has in reserve in the body. The body reserve of sugar are stored as a complex monlecule called glycogen. Glycogen in the body is bound to a great deal of water.

When we change the amount of glycogen in the body we also change the amount of water. Glycogen and water are heavy. A pound of glycogen is worth 1800 calories and a 1800 calories deficit in the daily intake can use up a pound of glycogen from storage.

Glycogen is stored with about 4 parts of water for each part of glycogen, this means that a pound of glycogen could hold and additional 4 pounds of water. So a diet with a 1800 calories of deficit in food eaten can cause a 5 pound of weight loss.

The amount we can store can vary depending upon what we eat and how much we use our muscles. some people can store as much as a kilogram of glycogen that can be mobilised in the first few days of using a vlcd diet. What this mean is that you could lose almost a stone in weight during the first few days and not have burned any FAT. This is one of the reason if you break this kind of diet you swell up if you don't refeed properly as the glycogen stores refill themselves quickly. This is what body builders do in order to look well for shows.

Glycogen is used up and replaced as a matter of course all the time. If you think about your glycogen store similar to a kitchen jug that contains sugar, when the level get low it is easy to fill it up. Every day living and activities and sleeping use glycogen up. Eating fills the glycogen stores up, every day.

The average person uses about 2000 calories of energy each day so the difference between energy used up and energy eaten means that the body's reserve of sugar and fat are drawn on to meet the body's needs.

In this way body weight is lost. You are not actually living on reduced calories, you are only changing the place the calories come from.

Vlcd diet are kept deliberately low so that the body's own sugar stores get used up quickly. FAT then becomes the major source of energy.

Ketosis:

When fat is burned rapidly, the body produces substances from the fat called 'ketones'and the person is said to be in 'ketosis'.

Vlcd diets produce a number of advantages for dieters: hunger is reduced and a feeling of well-being is often experienced. Ketones can be detected in the urine of dieters and provides encouragement that the body fat is being burned. Ketones can sometimes be detected on the breath but this is usually only temporary and can be reduced by taking enough water and mouth rinising with a mouthwash.

The average weight loss for a woman a month is 1 stone and for men is 1 1/2 stone, but as we know people vary, these are just guidelines.

Last edited by devonbabe; 11-21-2005 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:48 AM   #11  

wow thanks a lot that will come in very handy 1 more question you know when you say gradualy put up your calories how long do you wait before putting them up for example say im on 700 after coming off how long before i can up to 800 like 2 week or something if you get me im confusing even myself. thanks
Old 11-21-2005, 12:38 PM   #12  

you follow a refeeding programme, over 12 weeks
Old 11-21-2005, 01:18 PM   #13  

hi im confused do you mean eat 790 for 12 weeks then 1200 for 12 weeks then 1500 12 weeks you mean like this? thanks also any ideas on what i should be eating on the refeading just lots of fruit and veg thanks your being a great help
Old 11-21-2005, 05:56 PM   #14  

no. you build up the calories over the 12 weeks. to bring back in the 5 food groups in a certain order, maintainence reintroduces food in a certain order, eg carbs come in slowly to avaoid water retention and consequent weight gain

u start with protein and green leaves

so for example, small fillet of white breast of chicken with broccoli.
or fish, tofu, or cottage cheese with green veg or green salad
Old 11-22-2005, 07:12 AM   #15  
Pending Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaA
I am on Cambridge and totally love it!!! I have lost 3 stone 6 pounds since the 1st of September...I am a total compulsive eater/cheater and I have stuck with it...Its been amazing and I never stick to anything!! Once I built up a momentum I can honestly say I have never felt better!!
That is excellent news and wonderful weight loss progress well done you!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote