UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 21st/21st/12st

Height: 6ft 0 inch

Question HELP! Work is not good for my diet

Ok so i started work 2 weeks ago. i spent a ewek living on hotel food and got back to find i've maybe put on 2pounds. ok thinks me, now i'm home it should be ok. i'm about to finish week 2 now and i've not lost any weight. i basically gave up on the low fat thing cos it's been so hot i needed ice cream and the low fat stuff is eithe rnot available or horrible.

anyway, not the point. i do still want to lose weight but, as from wednesday, i'm being put on shift til about mid november. it's 12 hours shifts, (7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am). I have no idea how i'll manage to eat healthily if i'm on shift. everyone buys food at work during the day, fine as i can just have a sandwich and guess the calories in the bread and stuff. but on night shifts it's just gonna throw out everything completely. i need to get back to the gym this weekend. i've not been in a week. argh help me!
msbeeverhausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:39 PM   #2  

I work shifts, and have endless supplies of bad food at work. I have a "safety drawer" in which is filled with dried fruit, cuppa soups, low fat hot chocolate, rice cakes and other things, so that I have alternatives. I take a picnic every day, usually a piece of protein (fish, chicken, roast meat, whatever I fancy) a large box of salad, and a box of cut up fruit. I then munch on that during my shift.

Shift work and sticking to the diet plan thingy was a big worry of mine, but it hasn't been a problem, you do need to be organised, and know your body. I need to eat little and often, which is why I have salad instead of sandwiches, so I can pick at bits.

I wouldn't worry about your two weeks off, just chalk it up to experience and keep going.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:47 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Definately take stuff to work! I spend about 10 minutes the night before making my 3 mini-meals for work. If you eat out of boredom, maybe try swapping your eating habits to eating 6 small meals a day! I find it's never to long till the next "meal"! Hooray! Also try things like pistachio nuts in the shell (weigh them to count the calories) and yoghurt which is filling and both are full of protein.

Good luck
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote