UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-04-2005, 04:47 PM   #1  

Question The need to eat, and eat, and eat....

For the past few hours all i've wanted to do is eat, and eat.... I have managed some damage limitation by eating lots of low point food and i managed to go to the shop and only buy a 2 litre bottle of diet coke. Wow, i even threw some crisps in the bin!!
I've only gone over my points allowance by 5 points which is not too bad as i get weighed tomorrow.
How does everyone else control the urge to eat?
fatand40+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:11 PM   #2  

It is by the Grace of God that i get through those times when all i can think of is stuffing my face until i feel calm. Certainly prayer helps, and a conscious effort to breathe deeply, slow down my thinking and make an effort to immerse myself in an activity is also of use. A cup of tea is also helpful at times as is an apple or two. And hopefully, knowing that there is someone else out there in the same boat helps too....i know i need others for moral support and a little positive reinforcement sometimes. i wish you well.
nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:16 PM   #3  

5 points is good. Don't let yourself get hungry, fill up on fruit and drink lots of water. Having a baked potato or the old slimming world sin free chips around 9pm used to fill me up.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:05 AM   #4  

sarah-ann when she was around recommended freezing grapes for times like this......... she used to suck them like boilies at night time , and they were free so she could have as many as she felt like
tootoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:07 AM   #5  

i posted before i was finished........ when i get that " ive got to eat " feeling i either hoover the stairs or clean my windows, which may seem fine but my neighbours wonder why i need to clean my windows 4-5 times a week!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:30 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I eat rice cakes or similar, after about 10 of those you really don't want anythink else! You also need to drink plenty with them, then they'll fill you up like nothing else!

I had a binge day yesterday but reined it in to be about 2000 cals which isn't too bad! I guess until we realise that food doesn't make us feel any different, we'll still be bingeing like good 'uns!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:35 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oooh Frus "I guess until we realise that food doesn't make us feel any different, we'll still be bingeing like good 'uns" you got me thinking there food does'nt 'MAKE IT BETTER' or make you feel any different (well..maybe fatter ) I know that I use food to "fill" a void in my life I eat when i'm mad, sad, lonely Frus i'll remember that the next time i'm heading for a binge
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 11:16 AM   #8  

well today i didnt care if i was bingeing for the sake of it .............i wanted it so i ate it..............even smarties egg! so sickly and disgusting.........maybe im suffering with PMT usually the week before tom due i want to eat sweet sugary things
Old 04-09-2005, 12:00 PM   #9  

Poor Toot we all have those days.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 01:23 PM   #10  

thanks veggie
i know tomorrow ill be back in line but for now im taking the rest of this day off............so ill stay right up until the clock strikes midnight get in as much as i can
Old 04-09-2005, 03:06 PM   #11  

Default popcorn

i hate those days and that nawing feeling you get inside. like you want to eat but your not hungry.

i saw an opra once and they were talking about that feeling, and her trainer was saying its the bodys way of getting you to eat to fill up your fat stores, and if you don't eat it will use a bit of the stored fat instead.

so when i get those feelings i yell .... go ahead eat my butt !!!!!! or my hips !!!! or my thighs !!!!!!

kati3l3unny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:39 PM   #12  

yeh sounds good telling myself to eat my fat