UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:18 AM   #1  

Default America's Fattest City

OK, who else saw this? I didn't watch it all the way through, but it was interesting. What I noticed was one woman (5 foot 4 and 19 stone I think) saying that she didn't know what it felt like to be full or satisfied. I know what she meant, and on a bad day will eat when I'm not hungry, but just because it's a 'time' to eat, or just through temptation and often out of sheer resentment that 'someone' (society?) says it's bad for me. Any other observations?
taichilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:54 AM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

I do know what it's like to be full and satisfied, but I can agree with you Tai, I too can eat just cos I can... although since being on WW I do always feel guilty when I do it, because I know it does me no good.

Where is America's fattest city by the way? Could it be Phoenix? I live there and I'm fat
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:23 AM   #3  

It was definately in Texas, I think it was Dallas. There were some seriously big people there, one woman 44 stone but happy in her own skin, as she put it. The prog blamed all the enormous portions - low in quality to keep the price down, and big on quantity.

Last edited by taichilady; 02-09-2005 at 07:31 AM.
taichilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:09 PM   #4  

The thing that I find irritating is this idea that its someone elses fault that they are fat...The big portions, cheap prices, etc...I am fat, I am american and I also take responsibility for my weight...I have lived in the UK for three years, am I finally losing weight becuase the portions are smaller or the food more expensive? Of course not...I also didn't believe the 44 stone "happy in my own skin" women...Believe me I have done this so many times for myself denied my unhapiness to make myself feel more validated at being so big...It wears thin after a while...(pun intended)
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 08:13 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

God I'm surprised its Texas! Mind you, you know the motto "Everything is BIGGER in Texas"
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote