UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 08:49 AM   #1  

Red face New mum - Buddy needed

Hello all

Please help - I've recently had a baby and in my naive first time mum state thought that I would emerge from pregnancy ready to open Milan fashion week this year!! The sad truth is that I'm tipping the scales at 14 stone and still can't fit in any of my clothes!

Having given up smoking as well I have the most shocking snacking habits - need help, assistance and the odd kick up the backside to motivate myself or am in danger of being a fat bird for life!

I have polycystic ovaries and find weight loss quite slow, any ideas what the best diet for me is? don't mind cooking but exercise will currently be limited to walking and swimming as am still recovering from the small persons' arrival.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:19 PM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome Sonia, nice to meet you. Congratulations on your new arrival. Boy or girl?
I don't know much about the Poly thingy, there used to be quite a few girls who suffered with it on here, but none of them pop in any more
Have you thought about joining a weight loss group at all or do you just what to try cutting down on your food intakes yourself?
I do WW, don't go to the meetings but I used to. It's a plan that works for me, I can do low fat, quite easily, but I couldn't do without my carbs.
We're all here to help each other, so feel free to pop in anytime and let us know how you're doing. Have a great weekend
Old 02-01-2004, 03:29 PM   #3  

Hi thanks for your message

Had a little boy, have called him Zac and he's a little beauty.

Have tried the WW diet - suppose I'm a really good advert for it as lost 2 stone on it about 2 1/2 years ago and have kept it off. When I joined I weighed 15 stone and then went down to just under 13 - the only thing that made it go back on is the afore mentioned little man!!

Found their plan really easy to follow and the points thing made me more food aware, I started looking at things in a different light, much as I love certain things I wasn't willing to use 18 points for a curry etc!! This is probably why even when I was pregnant I didn't really pile the pounds on, I would like to go to a group again but am still trying to adjust to life with a small one in tow ( sounds like an excuse!! and probably is!) I think will just have to get my head round it all and just get on with it. The worst part at the moment is people are still making excuses for me, they usually start ' well you have just had a baby...' will they still be saying that when he's 5!

Would love to hear how you're doing so send me a message back and tell me how you're progressing, still have all my WW cookery books etc if you want any ideas!

Sonia
Old 02-01-2004, 06:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/188/140

Height: 5'6

Hi Sonia,

Congrats on your new baby. I'm sure you have your hands full at the moment with him.

Like yourself, I have PCOS and have read that low carb diets can be quite good for girls like us. I have recently started the South Beach Diet (Low carb, Low fat) and have lost almost a stone in four weeks. I started around the 14 stone mark. I hope to get down to 10 stone for the summer.

I tried Slimmer's World a few months ago and it did work to begin with, but I've lost more weight so far on South Beach than I ever did with SW.

Next step is the exercise. I would love to be able to take part in the Race for Life this year which usually happens in June (In Liverpool). I use to be a runner so this will be a good challenge for me.

Let me know how you're getting on.

Regards,

Mary
Old 02-02-2004, 06:19 AM   #5  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Sonia, I love the name Zac, your baby sounds so precious. Am I getting broody? NO, just older.......and busier it seems with two teenagers now. You sound like you know what you're doing with weight loss, so if I were you, I'd stick to what you know and maybe try something new if you fancy. Your weight loss before baby was fantastic, well done to you Drop in on the hello from......... tread and chat with the other girles if you want too
Mary, wow.I keep hearing about this south beach diet, is it easy to follow? Are you ever hungry? A stone in a month must be a wonderful feeling Good luck with your exercise, and especiall the Race for Life. A brilliant thing to do
Have a great day ladies
Old 02-02-2004, 05:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/188/140

Height: 5'6

Hi Chris,

I think the SBD is extremely easy to follow. To be honest, I rarely get hungry and if I start to feel like I am, I have a drink before I eat and most of the time that is all I really needed.

I have order a elliptical trainer and thought it would be weeks before it was delievered, but i just got the call that it's coming on Thursday. I am really excited. I have big plans for my bikini body this summer.

Mary
Closed Thread