UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 06:22 PM   #1  

Default What diet to choose? There's so many!

Hi there, Am a complete newbie to this site (although I remember passing by a few years ago on one of my many trawls through the internet looking for diets and not actually starting them!).
I'd really like to know about any diets you guys have tried and what has or hasn't worked for you. Am desperate to loose about 50lbs but there is so much conflicting infomation going around about the different diets availible that I thought I'd plump for some good old first-hand experience and ask someone who's actually done them, rather than believe in any of thier advertising mumbo-jumbo!

Thankyou!
Old 11-03-2003, 08:57 PM   #2  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi tubbychick,

The first thing everyone will tell you to do is CHANGE THAT NAME! to something more positive

Well, speaking from experience i would recommend Weight Watchers or Calorie and Fat Gram Counting W/W would be great for you if you're a big veggie eater (which i'm not so consequently i felt hunger pangs a lot ) at the moment i'm just counting cals and not cutting anything out of my diet Good Luck i hope you find the right plan
Old 11-06-2003, 10:28 AM   #3  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default hello there

hi there. i'm simon. also 21 and from plymouth.

i've dropped from 23st to 16st and now built myself up to 17stone. and the secret is sensible healthy food choices and excersise. burn more than you take in not hard really. i eat like a horse on about 3000 calories a day.

2 basic rules that i follow 1. eat 70% of your daily calories by 2pm. and no carbs after 5pm.

your metabolism is greatest in the morning so you eat more and it gradually slows during the day you u consume less and not carbs after 5 cos they can take upto about 6 hours to enter the system and generally i'm not doing anything late at night to require that kind of energy
Old 11-06-2003, 10:40 AM   #4  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Wow Simon, you have done great. Thanks for sharing your info, and please except my appologies as I do remember reading something here from you before and when I post a reply I always say hello to the girlies, so hello to our guy too.
Keep up the good work
Old 11-07-2003, 04:00 PM   #5  

Hello I totally agree with Cat90 change that name!! I do Slimming world and I've lost 38lbs since the end of May gone down from a size 20/22 to 14/16 I still want to lose a good stone. I also exercise doing a variety of activitys from weight bearing cardio fat burning walking the dog anything that gets my heart rate up.

Anyway SW has the green option so you could try that it's very filling if you like to eat large portions but there are so many to choose from it's a buyer's market!

Good luck

Well done slimmingsi
Old 11-07-2003, 11:36 PM   #6  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Dee
I wondered what had happened to you How's life in 'sunny' Accrington? not so sunny now i suppose..is it? its nice to hear from you again
Old 11-10-2003, 11:40 AM   #7  

Hi Tubbychick! Welcome.

As you probably know, there are a number of slimming clubs around. SOme of them have magazines such as weightwatchers, Sliming World and Rosemary Conley. Why not buy these and they should give an example of the diet you would follow with them. Then compare and whatever one takes your fancy!!! I did Weight watchers for a while but did not enjoy it. I then ready Slimming work for a few years before deciding "what the ****, any diet that allows/encourages me to eat pasta and spuds and rice has to be good" and it is although I have been very naughty for a while.

Also check through what otehrs say on these boards (you probably already have). Check what clubs are near you if you want to attend one.
Closed Thread