UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/131/126

Height: 5'3

Default a positive message :)

I am not finished yet. 12lbs until I reach my initial goal weight. I cannot even begin to explain how much my quality of life has changed.

I am at the point where the first word an unkind person would use to describe me is not FAT. I am free from FAT being the first thought when I look in the mirror, as I am walking down the street or just trying to get something sodding done. It has been worth the work, the time and the patience but honestly, I have enjoyed it all, even when it has been tough.

My body can really move and it is the best, most liberating experience I have ever had. I go out dancing into the wee hours with my friends. I have returned to playing badminton, a sport I loved as a teenager but abandoned long ago. I go on long hill walks in the highlands and see the most fantastic sights while drinking tea from my flask. I run every week and get twitchy and antsy as **** if I don't-something I long suspected was a myth perpetuated by the irritatingly healthy brigade. I can do things I thought I would never do again and I am trying things I never would have even considered when I was heavier-Rollerskating!

Don't give up. Find things to do that you love and discover new passions. You'll be amazed what is out there. Don't wait for the magic numbers on the scale, get out there and enjoy the ride!
weeangrything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Good for you on your achievement! Enjoy those new activities and renewed interests.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

I love this post! I am not UK, but saw it on the front page and needed to hear some good news. Congratulations on your progress and achievements!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:04 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Love your post and positive message, and congrats on your achievements!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Great motivational post!
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 236 / 226 / 190

Well done to you!
AlfredLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote