UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #1  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Default Back again

Hi All,

My profile tells me I last visited in February 2013, so it has been a while! This time, I hope things will be different, that goals will be met and kept to.... let's see!

I will weigh in in the morning for my new start weight and want to make big progress in terms of head space, body shape and number on the scale by Easter when I will be back in the UK for a couple of weddings.

I currently live in Lisbon, Portugal. After spending close to ten years living in Asia it is great to be somewhere where exercising and healthy foods are much more readily available, now to take advantage of that!

I look forward to getting to know some of you and hopefully supporting and challenging each other to stay on track.

TC
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:44 PM   #2  

HI TC,

I am from the UK and living in Dubai. I also need to lose some kgs before I go home in May. I am looking at 10kgs.
Time difference isn't too bad for us as you are three hours ahead.
Want to buddy up?

LD
Ldemi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:42 AM   #3  

Hi Ld, nice to 'meet' you!

I am just three hours behind you and exactly the same as the uk, not too bad at all. It would be great to buddy. What's your plan of action? I am thinking about changing mine up a bit but haven't decided how or what yet.....!

Where in the UK are you from?
Old 02-09-2017, 04:10 AM   #4  

Hi TC

I'm from Kent. Its an early day today and the week end tomorrow - so I aim to WI and have a plan in place starting Saturday.
I find the first few days of cutting back on calories the worst. But its got to be done.

I'm not used to this site - can you pm / dm on it?

Have read a little of your blog - are you involved in the wedding or just wanting to look great when you get there?
I found it sometimes helps (at least it did once for me in the past) when I have some clothing that is smaller to get into. Hang it in front of the wardrobe.
Serves as a reminder not to pick.
Something I shall do today.
Visual nag - so to speak.
LD
Old 02-09-2017, 07:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/172/153

Height: 5"3

Welcome back, I'm also here for a second time. The first time I lost weight I wasn't eating enough of what I needed, before I was eating 1200 calories and my diet was unbalanced, now I eat a lot more and a lot more of the right stuff.

No more going to be hungry either and I have the support of my slimming world club I'm on top of the world and really enjoying the weight loss this time!
mynameisyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #6  

mynameisyes You are doing a great job, well done! I can't wait to be a decent chunk into my journey!

Ldemi3 There are private messages on here but don't think yours are turned on as there is no option to send one to you. I think you can turn them on in options in user CP. It is my weekend tomorrow too. I love have Friday off
Old 02-09-2017, 10:39 PM   #7  

mynameisyes - well done on the loss - that is great

TC - have a great weekend. Enjoy!
Old 02-10-2017, 05:10 AM   #8  

LD, I got your visitor message, but there are also private messages. I wonder if they are a feature that you only get when you have been a member for a certain amount of time and/or made a certain amount of posts. They do this with some things to stop spammers/trolls etc. but no idea if it is that, or your private messages are just turned off....!
Old 02-11-2017, 02:07 AM   #9  

TC - glad you got the message. I checked it out and there are no pm buttons to enable or not. No permissions, I suppose.
No worries.

I have decided I want a two prong attack so that I get to May. I wonder if you will both join me.

When you get overweight most people let a few things slide. Maybe your hair, nails, toes could be varnished more, hair a few shades different, new lipstick colour etc etc etc..Doesn't have to be expensive - just different after all, we are working towards a new us.

Would you both join me in a Mon - Sun (I still think in those terms as a regular week) place an aim to make by the end of the week. Even if its a complete disaster and .................simultaneously an aim for weight loss.

So here is mine
Aim for the next week

Food = Cut carbs lower and lose 1lb
Manicure my toes and buy a new nail varnish - some completely different colour. Stop stuffing my feet in socks / slippers and forgetting about them.

LD

Last edited by Ldemi3; 02-11-2017 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:37 AM   #10  

I'm in!

FOOD/WEIGHT GOAL: I want to cut back my red meat consumption again and hope hope hope I finally break this 205 yo yo I am on and dip under it in the next week (my official weigh in day is Thursday, but I am weighing in daily at the moment).

ME GOAL: Going to join you on the feet thing, only last night I was looking at what a mess they have become in the winter. Will start tonight with soaking them in a bucket in front of the TV.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:09 AM   #11  

Soaking them in a bucket in front of the TV?????????................that did me in. I was drinking hot tea when I read that. Nearly choked on it.

I'm going into Sephora tomorrow - I always stick to safe neutrals and pretty pinks........which are pretty boring but easy to slap on quick.
So even if it looks a mess when I have finished with the colour - which will no doubt take me ages to get on right - my toes will be fashionable and at least looking like they are cared for............or have been attacked by someone deranged.
I shall go home to the UK as if a proper mani/pedi is the norm for me!
I need a new emery board too - the last one is hanging on by a thread. It looks like its been through hades and back.

Good luck on breaking the number on Thursday.

Btw what are your plans for what to wear at the wedding? Are you buying in the UK?
I did that once, didn't have time with kids and their exams - so flew in and bought a dress a day or two before my cousins wedding............the same as someone else who must have taken months choosing it. I found it funny on the day and was going to go up and congratulate her on her good taste.
Every time I got near her she couldn't get away fast enough.
Bit awkward with photos - we couldn't get her near me. Never met her since at any family wedding.
LD

Last edited by Ldemi3; 02-12-2017 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:44 PM   #12  

TC apologies for being awol have sent pm.
LD
Old 02-14-2017, 03:46 AM   #13  

No worries LD, maybe we should move this chat onto a different thread and see if we can lure any other UK Chicks, or ex-UK chicks, or those sharing our kind of time zone to join our journey!
Old 02-14-2017, 04:10 AM   #14  

TC - sure.
Its hardly crowded here lol
LD