UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:46 PM   #1  

Default Starting! Buddy please?

Hi I've been gearing myself up to start my weight loss journey, my scales came today so I'll be weighing myself in the morning (argh!) Last time I weighed myself I was about 18.5 stone My first goal will be to lose 7lb. I need a buddy really to help inspire me and keep me on track! Possibly to keep in touch over Facebook or email?
Must weigh over 18 stone as I tried to lose weight with my 12 stone best friend and I got so jealous as to me she was already nice and slim!
I've tried weightwatchers, slimming world etc. Cambridge diet is too expensive for me and shakes do not satisfy me. I want to lose weight the old fashioned way- healthy eating and exercise.
Any takers?
brainybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/310/200

Height: 5'10

Hi there!
I used to be a member on this a few years ago and then I completely lost my focus, probably because I had no friends who were helping me along the way. I weighed myself yesterday and it was a massive shock (22st).
I'm going to try using myfitnesspal again, as a few years back I was able to lose 3 stone tracking my calories etc.
I'm definitely up for being a buddy though, need a bit of inspiration and encouragment from someone who isn't a size 8
Elliementary299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:44 AM   #3  
mmm pies

S/C/G: 285/265/198

Height: 185cm

I'm keen. Need to lose about 90lbs. I know how to do it. But I struggle for motivation. Having someone to peg myself against and compete with would solve my motivation problem. Pretty sad that my health and wellbeing is not enough to motivate me but competing with someone is. Anyhow would be keen to be your internet buddy and compete the pounds off. If the buddy role is already taken then anyone else keen? Given I'm a bloke happy to do a 3 pounds to 1 pound competition if the buddy is a lady. Most posters here are of course
Fatbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:27 PM   #4  

I'm feeling motivated so I'm happy to be buddy to all of you.

Try the following two things

I recently gave up meat in a bid to stop ordering food/take always and its worked! I eat fish instead and the weight seems to be falling off

The second rule is no food by mouth after 8pm only fluids (Saturday night restaurants are excluded from this)

I still drink at weekends because I don't want to be a complete bore to my family friends and myself (if I get bored I eat)

But generally eliminating meat, crisps and tortilla chips I've lost a stone!!!
Oh one other thing drink 3 litres of water a day, absolute must and if you haven't you can't go to bed xxx
Bollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/200/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone, US girl here, but moving to UK in about 2 months or so. I'll also be looking for weight loss friends, especially when I have to start going by the metric scales which confuse me! I too suffer from remaining motivated and tend to burn out quickly with exercise and diet. My biggest challenge is soda and fast foods. I'd like to join you guys if possible! For instance, what is a stone in weight?
Mom2threeACG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

I am also looking for buddies. Starting today. I have 60 to lose. Looking for a few buddies for support and encouragement. I don't want to yo-yo again! I am getting older, my weight has been slowly creeping up over the years and the rot has to stop here.
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 309/150

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2threeACG View Post
Hi Everyone, US girl here, but moving to UK in about 2 months or so. I'll also be looking for weight loss friends, especially when I have to start going by the metric scales which confuse me! I too suffer from remaining motivated and tend to burn out quickly with exercise and diet. My biggest challenge is soda and fast foods. I'd like to join you guys if possible! For instance, what is a stone in weight?
A stone is 14 pounds or 6.35kg! How exciting you are moving to the UK! It rains a lot here. Then again, I am in Wales! x
Toester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 309/150

Height: 5'11''

I've got 100lb to loose! I wouldn't say no to a buddy! All my friends are gorgeous skinny minnys and don't understand how big a deal this is to me! I too am going at it the old fashioned way. Watching my food intake, cutting calories and exercise! C'mon girlies - lets do this!!
Toester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Hiya

Just added you to my buddy list. I'm new too. I want to lose - initially at least 52 lb - I'll see how that looks and then decide if I want to lose more. I am doing it much the same way you are. Less calories and move more.

Vee x
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:09 AM   #10  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Toester...I too am in God's own country...are your feet webbed yet? Have set myself a goal of losing 62lbs before my 50th birthday in October! How are you losing yours?
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/207/154

Height: 5ft 7"

Hi everyone!
I have been dieting since 1st December and so far am 12lb down, which I'm really happy with considering I gained over Xmas! I have been doing Slimming world, but have decided this week to try going it alone. I have only been able to attend 2 meetings because my toddler just won't stay quiet during the group (it is at nap time so no amount of bribing will keep her calm. Lol), and it is such a waste of money to go and just get weighed when I have scales at home which are free. (I have to pay bus fare to get there too which is costing me a tenner each time!)
I am in the right frame of mind, I have 51lbs left to lose to get to my target weight and have a healthy bmi, so a weight loss of 1lb a week will see me reach my target by January 2017, which will be here quicker than you expect! I am a bit nervous I will give up if I don't have anyone to weigh me, so my husband is going to be doing my weigh ins. He is only 10 Stone and it is going to be so embarrassing as I weigh almost double of him, but I need that to be my motivation.
Anyway, enough rambling.
Good luck everyone! We can do this!
Jeanrhys88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:33 PM   #12  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone - I'd love to have a buddy. I'm an American living in the US but I'm traveling in the UK this summer and marrying a Welshman soon - does that count?

Looking to lose at least 60 and hopefully 80 before the big day at the end of the year.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:18 AM   #13  
mountain walker

Yep..definitely counts...and well done for finding yourself a Welshman! Also well done on your weight loss so far!
How are you losing your weight?
Welcome in advance!
Jean..well done on your weight loss so far. It sounds like your hubby is being really supportive!
Old 01-07-2016, 12:35 PM   #14  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Thanks mountain He's pretty great.

In the past, I've used a lower-carb approach that has worked wonders for me. I'm going to give that a try again. Also, consistent exercise (I run) and weight training. How are you doing it?
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:32 AM   #15  
mountain walker

Hiya Capulet,
Well I am in the "eat less/do more" camp. I lost 6 stone in 2012 by this method and found it suited me well. I calorie count...no magic! I found reducing carbs helpful but need porridge for breakfast, especially in the winter!
Then I became ill and was married to a diet saboteur so .....we all know the story!!
Good luck my lovely!