UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:08 AM   #1  

Default Cambridge Diet: Newbie!!

After a few weeks of feeling very bad (reflecting in my very poor eating habits!) I've decided to take the bull by the horns and actually do something about it!

My worst habit is that I'm very short goal orientated. I need results and I need them quickly! Any diet that is only 1-2 lb a week doesn't appeal to me. I need a quick and sharp weight loss to truly spur me on. I've been told about the Cambridge plan so after lots of discussions and investigations I feel this maybe for me.

Has anyone had any success with the diet? What were the best bits? And what were more importantly the worst bits!? I'm looking for total honesty so be brutally truthful!

I have my consultation booked for Tuesday this week, so looking to start about Wednesday.

Fingers crossed. And wish me luck. Because my God I'm going to need it.....!

Emma x
emsie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/204/140

Height: 63"

Hi and welcome

On starting - lots of water and some paracetomol if you get headaches (withdrawal from sugars etc).

I got on really well with the diet a long time ago. I have gained back the weight but that was through not eating well of course.

Allow half a stone gain at the end as you'll put water back around your organs when you come out of ketosis. Being strict will really help you lose ultra fast. Though I had a friend at the time who did it Monday - Friday and then ate healthy at weekends as her husband worked away in the week and wouldn't have approved.

I lost about 3 stone in 3 months I think. Not hard at all, as the 'can't have anything' really helped me.

Good luck and hope you do well.
PurpleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #3  

Thanks for the reply!

Loosing 3 stone is amazing and in that timeframe too. 3 stone is what im realistically aiming for.

The water is going to be my biggest downfall. I struggle sometimes to drink even half a litre. But don't seem to struggle with the coffee!! Is it true you can drink cold zero? Do much conflicting news. Some people saying its OK. Some not as it will throw you out of ketosis.

I'm hoping for 7lb loss on the first week (I'm about 13st 9 now). But anything is going yo be beneficial!!

How did you cope with the ketosis? I had the dreaded keto flu once and it was awful. I felt dreadful and this is the only thing (apart from the starving!) That puts me off.

Emma
Old 07-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #4  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Hey Emma!

I'm very much the same as you. I have a lot to lose and am still coming to terms with how long its going to take me to do! But I'm determined to get there.

I've done the Cambridge in the past and whilst it wasn't for me, I've heard of it being suitable for some. I am currently doing a 2 shake/2 meal plan and finding that a lot more manageable for me. When I did the Cambridge I lost 11lbs in a week, but i only lasted the week before feeling overwhelmed. Ketosis was fine (not much poop though ) but I ended up feeling like I couldn't live like that forever. Everyone is different - only way to know is to try!

I wish you much luck! Hugs and stuff!
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:34 PM   #5  

It's vital you drink enough fluids, it's a long time since I did it but your consultant will tell you what you can drink etc.

Be very mindful that not enough fluids can and does lead to issues with your kidney's with any low carb / ketosis diet.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:30 PM   #6  

Default Tomorrow It Is Then....

Right so tonight I had my official weigh in...

13st 13lb.

Where did that come from!? I've actually put on 10lb since the 23rd June (that's including an all inclusive holiday though!).

So had my consultation tonight so felling good. Let's see how this goes....

Wish me luck!

Emma xx
Old 07-21-2015, 06:45 PM   #7  

Good luck Emma
Old 08-04-2015, 05:35 AM   #8  
New poster

S/C/G: 20st/7.5lbs/ goal 15.st

Height: 5ft 8

Hi I did CWP and lost 3stone in 12 weeks by doing the 1200 plan sadly i could no longer afford it and the weight came back on ...today I am starting a similar programme called shake that weight which is cheaper ..I would love to hear how you are doing on cwp
Cathyni is offline   Reply With Quote