UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #1  

Default Back on the wagon. Good bye 14's, hello 13's

So I joined here just after Jan, full of good intentions... went to the way side!

So here I am 14stone 5lbs... and so pee'ed off with myself over it! I was 11 stone 4lbs this time last year.... So this is it, once and for all! No more stupid targets of losing large amounts quickly, I need to focus on learning to eat better, portion size and cut back on the alcohol and up the exercise... sounds simple doesn't it really... but why is it so hard!

Hey ho... onwards and downwards!

Last edited by SammyE13; 02-08-2013 at 01:12 PM.
SammyE13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #2  

Well, the good news is.... you're back!!!! Good job I know what you mean about the eating/alcohol thing. We can definitely do this
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #3  

I agree with nomorejellybeans, you are back!!

I had to give up drinking and eating out for a while to dedicate myself to myself. I never have just one beer or one glass of wine so I can't be trusted with it anymore. Someday though!

I started setting my alarm on my phone for exercise. As in, there has to be time in my day to do it and I am going to get it done!

Small changes add up quick. Don't be hard on yourself, we have all been there and done that. Now is the time to get back on track and come to 3FC for support!

Good luck!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #4  

Thank you both, I need to learn to maintain... not gain weight like crazy!

Day 3 of the diet, first day of sticking to it 100% but have a day out at the races Sat with a 3 course meal... meh... that's not going to help my diet
Old 02-02-2013, 03:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

Don't forget that you're allowed to treat yourself. the main thing to treating yourself or having a "cheat" meal is to make sure it's only that one meal, and not feel guilty about it. I find that once I've stopped guilty from it it has helped to improve my diet once I've gone back on the wagon.
Good luck with everything! xx
Mission Fat to Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #6  

Am in the same situation was loosing weight last year, after my holiday in May it went down hill. I like the idea of a alarm to remind me to exercise, thanks elvislover324.

Last edited by khushi; 02-02-2013 at 05:05 PM.
khushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #7  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission Fat to Fab View Post
Don't forget that you're allowed to treat yourself. the main thing to treating yourself or having a "cheat" meal is to make sure it's only that one meal, and not feel guilty about it. I find that once I've stopped guilty from it it has helped to improve my diet once I've gone back on the wagon.
Good luck with everything! xx
This! Guilt is no part of a healthy diet. You're doing this to be good to yourself more than anything. If you start getting full during a meal out, try to just... stop. Why make yourself uncomfortable? Just enjoy your food and get back to your plan, no guilt, and the opportunity to enjoy meals out will come round again before you know it

Congrats on making the decision! I hope it goes really well for you
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #8  
i CAN do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

S/C/G: 230/226/140

Height: 5 4

I too have gone off a little this week.
Have sat down and thought about going to see my gp but I know the drill and what they will say. I looked on the NHS choices site and it confirmed I'm obese.
I've also realised that all the foods i eat far too much of begin with the letter C. CHOCOLATE,COLA,CAKE,CRISPS,CHINESE FOOD. How bizarre is that?
So from tomorrow I'm taking nhs advice and eating no more than 1400 cals a day. Have also joined my fitness pal to help count them. Weigh in Friday am.
15 weeks till 40. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!
lolloveschocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #9  
Health is Wealth :)

I find it's easy to have good intentions and know exactly what you need to do, but so much harder to actually put the changes into place!

Starting today, I will focus on drinking my water (which I often let slip!) A small change is better than none!
hello2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #10  

I was pretty bad yesterday but hey ho, been good today so hopefully the scales will be kind tomorrow morning, we will see!

I know exactly what I need to do to lose weight.... I just struggle when I stop doing that and have to maintain, its so gutting to see the scales rise so quickly and so easily after all the hard work to lose the weight, but cant dwell on it I suppose, just gotta keep sticking at it and try and teach myself to eat less generally.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:01 AM   #11  

Well despite Saturday being bad I still managed to lose 2.5lb and I've been using actiderm wraps, which help tighten skin and ive lost 1.5 inches off of my waist! Took measurements in three different places around my stomach and lost 1.5 inches off of each point!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #12  

Have had a great week on the diet, no cheating, sticking to my calorie limit 100%, been doing a bit of light exercise for 20 mins a day.

I have a bad habit of over weighing myself, but snuck a look on the scales this morning and I am down to 13 stone 11lbs, so glad to be out of the 14s again and it feels good to be chasing the 12's.... only 12 evil little pounds to go lol.

Im going on holiday in Easter so I am hoping that I can get into the 12's by then, its 7 weeks away so fingers crossed I can manage that.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #13  
i CAN do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

S/C/G: 230/226/140

Height: 5 4

sammyE13: well done for dropping into the 13s.
a loss can always give the boost you need. keep up the good work and by easter im sure you see the results
lolloveschocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 252

Height: 5'4

I never punish myself over having a treat. I would end up being so fed up if I did. I know that I need to treat myself sometimes, if I didn't I would probably end up going mad and eating my bodyweight in chocolate. I just think to myself that I'm allowed a treat maybe once a week, and then sometimes will do an extra long workout or extra long walk the next day. I always factor my treats into my calorie intake as well.
stacey4415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 252

Height: 5'4

p.s well done Sammy!
stacey4415 is offline   Reply With Quote