UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/241/180

Height: 5ft 2

Default So disappointed

Well after having a good first week diet wise I was really looking forward to weighing myself this morning

Got on the scales to see I'd lost a pound!! ONE POUND!

I was so mad I started swearing! So I got on again and it showed Id put ON 2lb so I swore while feeding the birds and nearly cried then got on them again for them to say Id lost 2lb!!

I cant tell you how disappointed I am. Up til last week, I was eating at least 1 bar of chocolate a day sometimes 2, ate crisps, takeaways and generally had awful eating habits.

For the last week Ive had no chocolate, crisps or takeaways. Ive eaten fruit and veg every day and made good food choices. Ive got on my treadmill and started walking for 6 minutes and increased each day and am now up to 14 mins. I realise thats not enough but will gradually build up.

This morning I felt like eating the contents of my pantry but luckily I didnt. Ive still eaten healthily today even tho I feel so disheartened.
So thinking about it now, Im pleased I didnt eat loads of crap because thats what I would have expected me to do!

Ive taken my scales back to the shop and changed them for different ones but I havent felt positive enough to get on them. I know scales all weigh differently so Im dreading it incase I weigh loads more. But I will get on them tomoro.

So another good and bad day but overall, good that I didnt give in.

Sorry for long post but wanted to get it all out

Hope youve all had good days

Sharon
Sharelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #2  

Oh! I'm sorry that your scale is being mean to you! Mine tends to misbehave for me too. Keep up all the good work that you've been doing, sometimes our scales don't accurately reflect our hard work at the moment when we want to see it....
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #3  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Sharon,

First of all, hugs for you. It's so easy for me to write don't worry/panic/be disheartened, but I know if it were the other way round, I'd be the same.

I had a real scale obsession the last time I was taking weight loss seriously, and it's for that exact reason I'm not using them at all (until April at least) this time.

Three points I'd like to make though.

1) Well done on your first week on your new plan, you have made MASSIVE changes to your diet and incorporated exercise and stuck to it, so be proud!

2) Those scales are clearly not working, so I'm glad you took them back and swapped them, get on the new scales ASAP though so you have a new start and a new place to log from, you'll be cross if you don't.

3) 1 or two lbs is a great loss. Think about it. THis time next year, if you lost a lb a week, you'd be 52lbs lighter, and if it were two you'd be over 100lb lighter. You're in this for the long haul right? If it takes a year to rreach your goal weight, so what? It's a life change so you're making the changes anyway, this year/ next year/ in five years, you still plan on having exercise inyour life and making hte better food choices, so what's the rush?

A loss is a loss, and you'll add to it week by week and in a year, you'll be where you want to be.

Some weeks you'll gain, some months you might not see any movement, these are tricks our bodies play on us, BUT if you keep making good chioces, you will will WILL get there!

Keep being positive x
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #4  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Don't be discouraged; it sounds like you are making a lot of good changes! I'm glad the shop was able to replace your scale for you. Sounds like the battery might have been wonky.

Also, try putting your scale on an uncarpeted surface. My scale is much more consistent on my bathroom floor (tile.)
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/172/140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharelle View Post
For the last week Ive had no chocolate, crisps or takeaways. Ive eaten fruit and veg every day and made good food choices. Ive got on my treadmill and started walking for 6 minutes and increased each day and am now up to 14 mins...Im pleased I didnt eat loads of crap because thats what I would have expected me to do!
Well done you! These are the absolute positives I've taken from your post and show the amazing changes you've made in just one week. Keep up the good work and the rest WILL follow.

As for the scales...until you get on the new ones, you won't know if you're up or down, and who knows, maybe with the new exercising, perhaps this week you've lost inches not pounds?
Cofa Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #6  

Thanks for your kind replies ladies. They mean alot. I've got on the new scales and they weigh me as exactly the same as the old ones when I started. But different scales weigh differently so I'm just relieved I'm not half a stone heavier!! Lol
So I'm just taking the positives and not going off course, and will weigh again next Thursday and hope I see a loss.

Thanks again for your replies, and hope your all having good days too.

Sharon
Old 01-11-2013, 05:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I feel for you, Sharon!! Even I stared my journey this day last week. Since then, I have been working out in a gym @1.5hrs daily. I am eating right. I am drinking the required amount of water, In short, I am doing everything which is to be done. Still, all I have lost is 0.5 lbs

I am freaked out too, yes, but I am going to show these stupid fat cells. I am going to make them disappear for good.

Let these stupid scales dishearten us initially, but we shall triumph!!

Let's go for it
appyfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 200/150/100

Height: 155cm

Don't give up!! That would be sad; you’re doing a great start. For now it might not yet reflecting on the scale but sooner you will see it. just keep motivated
r4ch3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #9  

Thank Appyfizz & R4ch31

I'm really glad I didn't just give up. Yes we can do this and I'm looking forward to reaping the rewards =)

Stay positive

Sharon
Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #10  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Week 1 of my 14month weightloss that saw me lose 145lbs I actually put a pound on Keep the faith. Stay calm and keep doing what your'e doing and believe in it.
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharelle View Post
Well after having a good first week diet wise I was really looking forward to weighing myself this morning

Got on the scales to see I'd lost a pound!! ONE POUND!

I was so mad I started swearing! So I got on again and it showed Id put ON 2lb so I swore while feeding the birds and nearly cried then got on them again for them to say Id lost 2lb!!

I cant tell you how disappointed I am. Up til last week, I was eating at least 1 bar of chocolate a day sometimes 2, ate crisps, takeaways and generally had awful eating habits.

For the last week Ive had no chocolate, crisps or takeaways. Ive eaten fruit and veg every day and made good food choices. Ive got on my treadmill and started walking for 6 minutes and increased each day and am now up to 14 mins. I realise thats not enough but will gradually build up.

This morning I felt like eating the contents of my pantry but luckily I didnt. Ive still eaten healthily today even tho I feel so disheartened.
So thinking about it now, Im pleased I didnt eat loads of crap because thats what I would have expected me to do!

Ive taken my scales back to the shop and changed them for different ones but I havent felt positive enough to get on them. I know scales all weigh differently so Im dreading it incase I weigh loads more. But I will get on them tomoro.

So another good and bad day but overall, good that I didnt give in.

Sorry for long post but wanted to get it all out

Hope youve all had good days

Sharon
Weightloss takes time hun, on my first week I did the whole plan religiously and only lost half a pound, but as my boyfriend told me as I cried in to his shirt, its a loss, its a step in the right direction. I know gaining weight feels like it happens overnight but losing is harder and slower, but you just need to keep going, you are doing really well. It will get better and easier and you will see bigger results, don't get disheartened.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #12  

Thankyou Star and Roobear

Nice to know I'm not alone. And as you say at least it's in the right direction. You've both done so well and I'm hoping I can do the same. It's got to come off!!

Thanks again both

Sharon
Old 01-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 192/174/147

Height: 5ft2

Sharelle, I think we're all obsessed with weight loss as soon as we even start a diet!! From experience, it can often be in the second week that you will have your main loss .... please keep going and don't be disheartened!! Also, the time of the month has a huge impact ....

I think you should invest in a measuring tape and start to record your measurements - I do this and even when the scales haven't been moving in the past I was losing inches (apparently when I was doing a fair few classes/gym work I was putting on muscle) but to see the inch loss in real numbers was a great motivation.

Keep going
Allimac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Ditto all of the above. and like one poster noted, put your scale on a hard flat surface, like tile or hardwood. I frequently change the batteries in mine also.

Good Luck, all good things take time
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #15  
i CAN do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

S/C/G: 230/226/140

Height: 5 4

Please don't give up! I've lost count of times that the scales have hurt me. You feel gutted cause you've been so dedicated yet things don't change. Keep up the great work you've started and soon those scales won't get to you anymore.
lolloveschocolate is offline   Reply With Quote