UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 298/289/192

Height: 5"8"

Have just ordered a beginners belly dancing dvd. Fingers crossed it comes in the post tonight!

I started a class last year but my two friends dropped out and I was too self conscious to go alone. So I decided to give this a whirl instead.

It teaches you 3 different 15 minute dances. I'll let you know if its any good
debsarooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #17  
Amazing will be me

Taebo all the way..........by Billy Banks

I wouldnt do anything else now i have about 10 dvds now. Ive done it off and on over the years and always seen results.I have been doing it for 2 weeks now and has changed my body already i cant wait for the next two weeks.
My legs have never toaned so fast in their life. My waist is tucking in and my bingo wings have shrunk. Of course i have lost 22lbs but untill i started doing these dvds my body shape hadnt really changed even with going to they gym.

You can pick the dvds up cheap on ebay x
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 96kg

Height: 6"

Any1 find it hard motivating yourself to do the DVDs at home? I know thats what issue my wife has, then buys a different one an same again. Think the favourite at the minute is Davina again lol
GaryHigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #19  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yeh sometimes I do Gary but i'm determined to lose weight for the summer so i'm forcing myself to do something last night I did (and love) Les Mills Bodypump OMG! I am so sore today but WANT to do it again funnily enough
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:52 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

I work out at home. Right now Im doing Zumba Fitness (Wii and Zumba Exhilarate) and the JM 30 Day Shred. Definitely like both.
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #21  

i found a link last night with free full length zumba videos i started doing them this morning the one thing the writing is in Chinese but the videos are English

wont let me post the link

but if you search

v.youku.com /v_show/id_XMjAyNDYwMTY0.html

just paste it all together

Last edited by cookiedough34; 02-09-2012 at 09:53 AM.
cookiedough34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #22  
Gym'll fix it!!

Huh, too bad it came up domain not found for me. I'm interested in Zumba too
Old 02-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #23  
Gym'll fix it!!

Just went to the site and searched for Zumba the vid came on but keeps buffering is there a way around that? lots to see if there is Thanks Cookie
Old 02-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat90 View Post
Just went to the site and searched for Zumba the vid came on but keeps buffering is there a way around that? lots to see if there is Thanks Cookie
sorry cat i havent had any buffering issues with the site maybe keep trying hopefully it will work for you as they are good videos
cookiedough34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #25  
Cosmetic Junkie

S/C/G: 265.8/265.7/199

Height: 5ft 4

Talking Davina rocks!

I really ADORE Davina she is the only one I have ever consistently used. Her two trainers are really good and they really try to make it fun.

When I don't want anything too strenuous I do Barbara Currie's Yoga. What an amazing lady! She is so lean and supple but in her mid-60s. I love her manner in talking to you. She is like a very encouraging mum and makes sure you dont overdo it.

Lucky8 - thanks for mentioning Billy Blanks. I had a video of his years and years ago that I enjoyed, so might pick up his dvds and mix that in with Davina. I love seeing normal people in the back giving it a good go and thinking I am not the worse one doing the class. He is very motivational.

I have Rebecca Wheatley (the receptionist on Casualty) and Lorraine Kelly but they don't work me hard enough. I guess they are good if you are a complete beginner to exercise and need a slow start. If anyone wants one of these please PM me your address and I shall send them to you.
AngelCOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:27 AM   #26  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Davina as in Davina McCall? God's Gift Davina? If yes, I am soooo doing that!
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryHigham View Post
Any1 find it hard motivating yourself to do the DVDs at home? I know thats what issue my wife has, then buys a different one an same again. Think the favourite at the minute is Davina again lol
I used to, but that was more self-consciousness because of family/not really having the space to do it!

I'm moving in with my partner in a few weeks, and will have a large sitting room to ourselves and it's ground floor, so I won't be upsetting anyone
RedRevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxie View Post
I can't afford to renew my gym membership and so have been toying with the idea of getting a workout dvd or two. I'm not terribly athletic by nature but am interested in cardio and strength training as I've got some weights gathering dust in the house. I know it's that time of year where all the 'celebrities' bring out their fatbuster/thighbuster/doublechinbuster videos but do you have any recommendations for ones worth getting? Maybe what's worked for you or indeed any I should avoid like the plague?!
I've tried DVDs before and they work slowly and ok until you get bored and I get bored very easily. If you are serious about wanting to do exercise and can't afford a gym membership then why not get out and do some running or even walking to start off with, its free and trust me the scenery is better. The nice weather should be coming back in soon so there is no better time to start. If your worried about looking silly doing it by yourself use this link and find your local Parkrun. Admittedly my first Parkrun was in November and it poured with rain but I kept going and although I am still the slowest by about 15 mins being beaten by an 80 year old woman, and I can't run the whole 5k yet I'm working at it, it's taken a while but I am even starting to enjoy it now and if nothing else I've made some good friends and thoroughly earned my weekly sausage sandwich on a Saturday morning. Take a friend for motivation and to keep pace if you need to, but its got to be better than staying in and working out.

But if you really want a DVD my boyfriend swears by DDP yoga, although it is pricey and comes from America.

Last edited by roobear; 03-17-2013 at 01:47 PM.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote