UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 01:19 PM   #1  

Default Please say hi..I'm new!

Just looking for some moral support..as I am a fat chick!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 01:30 PM   #2  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Magic Mel there are a few of us fat chicks around so you'll fit right in tell us more about yourself..how much do you want to lose and what plan (if any) are you on? we are a friendly bunch here..hope you stick around to find out
Old 05-14-2003, 01:50 PM   #3  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

yes please do stick around, we don't bite (much!?!?).

Have a good read of previous posts and you'll see how many and varied we can be.

Welcome, Stef
Old 05-14-2003, 03:09 PM   #4  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

Welcome Magic Mel.

We'll all support you when you need it. Don't forget to join the weekly weigh-in thread.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:09 PM   #5  

hello Mel!!!

my name is pippy and I'm also new, well actually I drop in about once a year, but this time I am determined to keep posting. I go to weight watchers and have been a member that many times before I honestly think they should make me a gold member for years of custom I have provided. I reckon I probably could of paid for my stomach to be stapled the amount I have spent on trying to lose weight.

Anyway the good news is I have been going for seven months and not missed a meeting yet which a personal record for me up to now I've lost 33lbs although at the moment I am struggling to keep motivated. I still have a long way to go but this time its different I am not going to give in like I normally would but I am going to keep on plodding on.

See you soon pippy.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:47 PM   #6  
Theres no stopping me now

Hi to Mel and Pippie.

We are a friendly bunch and nosy so post lots and tell us all about yourself.

Mel am inspired to read that you have lost 33lb on WW in 7 months, I've lost 28 in the same time / same place. Am sick of reading about all these people in the magazines who lose that amount in 3 months, Ray (hubby) reckons the time limits people lose at in the features in the magazine are exagarated (sp?) to make the program look good.

Thats what I like about here, we are all real people no superstars. Well actually now I think on it we are all superstars.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:59 PM   #7  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

oh yes Carol, we are most definitely superstars......yes we are. Welcome to Mel and Pippie. Nice to have you both join us. We give great support and have a giggle while keeping each other on the straight and soon to be narrow
Hope to hear more from you both soon.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:18 PM   #8  

Hello Mel and Pippy
Old 05-15-2003, 07:40 PM   #9  

Hi to everyone I just got weighed today and lost half a pound which is not great but its in the right direction.
Its great to be able to talk to so many like minded people.

Carol- I know what you mean about the magazines I love them but I hate the way they make it sound so easy because its not. I think losing weight is the hardest thing ever.
Everyone be good well lets all try.
Pippy.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:08 PM   #10  
Theres no stopping me now

When I am featured in the mag Pippy I will be honest and say it took me, however many years to lose the weight and if WW edit it I'll sue.

Is one of my goals to send my story into the mag and see myself in print - at least to give it a go.

have never shared that before - hope you feel special (all of you)
Old 05-16-2003, 07:29 PM   #11  

Cant wait to see you in print Carol
Old 05-20-2003, 07:45 AM   #12  

That is exactly what i'm going to do although at the rate I'm going at the moment it may take another three years. In fact I'm really fed up with myself at the moment.
Pippy
Old 05-20-2003, 08:40 AM   #13  

Hi Mel and Pippy. Carol is right, we are nosy! Mind you how else can we find out about things? Anytime you find a great meal that helps you lose weight, we want to know! Every pound on or off, we want to know! Everytime you go on holiday/get married/pregnant/open a packet of biscuits, we want to know.

Get the general idea?!!!

I am frustrated because I cannot always get into the sight otherwise I would be on here a lot more.
Do tell what diet regime you are following and what you find hard or easy, especially if you are having difficulties are don't understand something. SOmeone somewhere will have the answer!
Old 05-21-2003, 02:31 AM   #14  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Carol I used to think that those stories were all egaggerated too until I look back at my own.
most of the people on this board have been with me pretty much from the start of my diet and know it hass taken me 2 years 2 months 2 weeks 5 days to lose 14 stone 6lbs...in the first month I lost 36lbs. It gradually did slow down and you all know that it took me over 3 months to lose that last sticky 7lbs.
I think there are 2 reasons for that.
1. the more weight you have to lose, and the more you used to eat before you started the diet, the faster it comes off at the beginning.
2. all of us are different...we all lose and gain weight at different speeds.
Now I don't think those stories are egaggerated, but I do think that maybe the magazines are selective with who's stories they print and go for the ones that have lost the weight fastest.

Ali
Old 05-21-2003, 12:42 PM   #15  

Wow! Your stories are very inspiring and if I wasn't suffering with a hideous virus I would be more forthcoming with info..but my head is spinning and I don't want to type a load of rubbish.
I need to lose about 4 stone and I live in Birmingham, just about to move into my first house with fiancee Richard!
Thanx for the welcome..sorry to be vague tonight but as I said..spinny head!!!
Closed Thread