UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #1  
Seafood and eat it :D

Smile Motivation!!

Hiyaaa.. So. Im new to this forum. My question is. How do you stay motivated on your diets? I think my problem is just knowing that theres choclate in my house makes me *think* that i need it lol. Why is there chocolate in my house you ask? Because my partners a t**t!.. Lol. Comes home from work last night, sits next to me on the sofa and pulls out a big bag of cadburys chocolate buttons. Arrrgh! But did i resist? Yes i did. So how do you guys keep the motivation to stay away from these type of foods on your diets.. xxx
jayne231403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hello and welcome! Motivation is a tough one. I think there are times that I have very little motivation. I do the best I can and a lot of times, when I feel like I"m gonna crack cuz I want something so much, I just lie to myself and tell myself that I can have it tomorrow. Also, I have things that are similar that are still within my calorie range. So, when everyone is eating high calorie ice cream or chocolate, I have a low cal popsicle and chew on gum after. Sometimes I brush my teeth and that's that. If my partner was to do such a thing as eat something I love right in front of me, I'd probably just get up and go to another room. If they asked me where I was going, I'd say that I'm trying really hard to get healthy and this type of display isn't helping. That's just me though. ; ) Believe in yourself and imagine how proud you'll feel the day after you've been on plan and didn't stray.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/187/163

Height: 5ft 7in

Do you know what? I don't resist.

What I try to do is diet Mon-Fri and then let loose at the weekend. My housemate is a 23yr old boy who literally eats nothing but junk. Sometimes I resist, but mostly I have a small amount of whatever he's got. The way I look at it, if you're going to maintain your weight loss, you're not going to be able to cut out things for life. We're always going to binge and eat 4 or 5 biscuits now and then. Or an entire bag of doritos. Everyone does it - fat and thin.

I stayed with relatives at the weekend, 3 course meal Sat night, *several* gin & lemonades, 4 chocolate digestives in my coffee and roast lamb with all the trimmings on Sunday. I just got straight back on the wagon on Monday morning, and I'm 1lb down .

As long as you maintain your REGULAR healthy eating and exercise, and the chocolate buttons aren't a nightly munch, there's nothing wrong with it... or it works for me anyway
BetterLikeMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #4  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 238/182/129

Height: 5ft 0in

Before i fell off my diet ( at xmas :s) I had a wedding to get slim for, lost 5 stone by having a full on treat ban. If hubby want treats he had to eat them at work, if he brought them home i would throw them out. He used to tell me it was good for my will power to have it around.

I think a full on ban for the first few weeks then allow youself a bar IF you have the kcals left at the end off your day.

This would keep me on my diet, the thought of that choc bar with a cuppa in the eve. If i had a bad day i wasnt allowed my choccy.

I need to take my own advise!
katty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #5  
focused.

S/C/G: 125/65/65 (kg)

Height: 1.73/5'8"

Well if you ask me , i have had so many chocolates,junk food or even healthy food huge porions all this years that if i cut back for like 1 year, chocolate wont go extinct. Ofc i eat a piece here n there, but one small piece a week is enough for me, cause my 2lb loss every week is far more precious than chocolate
I actually get annoyed if my partner watches what he eats in front of me(the few times that he did it anyways), i learnt that everything that goes in my mouth is my own choice and responsibility, and even if it was harder in the beginning i now can completely ignore whatever anyone is eating around me.
Doing all this, and seeing results, thats what keeps me motivated.

And welcome to 3fc
Engraved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #6  

Height: 5ft 8inches

Hiya, Im new here too.

I'm not really sure if this is motivation or not..... but it usually works for me............

I have a playlist on youtube, the tracks run for over an hour, so I dance to it continuiously, holding small weights (okay, the small weights aren't actually weights, they are cans of beans, but still!!) and I make it my mission to dance to it everyday - the whole playlist, it's actually quite fun dancing about to your favourite tracks!

And after I've danced myself into a frenzy for an hour, theres no way am I about to undo all that by eating bad food. Am I making much sense? Probably not

Last edited by JustGoGaGa; 07-04-2011 at 06:28 PM.
JustGoGaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 129/127.5/112

Height: 5'0.5" (It matters!)

I really like that idea JustGoGaGa. I might try it.

I am the biggest chocoholic ever! But when my mum suggested the following I laughed at her, but it actually works. When I have a massive craving that I can't seem to suppress I'll go and get some maltesers. It started with 10, now it's down to 6. I seem to have them every night. There can't be much in 6 maltesers I'm sure, but if you just suck on it and make it last, it's beautiful. :P And obviously I want to have the whole box - but afterwards I can reason with myself that I've had my chocolate for the day, and the next lot will come tomorrow. It's been working so far.
cantgetenoughchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #8  

Height: 5ft 8inches

cantgetenoughchoc thats a great tip! I've done similar to that myself, another one is to cut a chocolate bar into little pieces, like a mars bar into 8 little chunks, stick them in the freezer and have a little piece when you fancy some chocolate, that way a whole bar lasts a lot longer, and stops me from eating more than 1 on that day.
JustGoGaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #9  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

I'm good if I'm by myself, my problem is I'm a waitress in a chain of pubs. I constantly have ridiculously calorific meals and desserts being paraded literally under my nose. I only get a break if I'm doing more than 6h in a shift so sometimes by the end of my shift I'm STARVING and if something's been made up wrong or there's leftovers of whatever, a chef hands me a free apple pie and custard or a bowl of onion rings and I'm gone...
I try SO hard but most of the time I find I'm too hungry to resist at moments like this
I go to the gym between 3 and 4 times a week and on my days off my meals and snacks are angelic and well within my calorie limit. But on days when I have long shifts? Any good work goes down the drain.
Any ideas at all please?! I'm really getting desperate!!!
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #10  

To Katylil why not bring something like a slim fast bar or a protein bar with you to work if you are hungry and get caught short? They can be eaten quickly and you wont have to give into temptation.

For me i just don't want to eat that crap or waste that many calories. I work hard to make sure i get pleasure and fulfilment out of non food activities, that lessens my desire to eat a LOT.
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote