UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Default Has anyone tried Slimming World?

Hi! Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and is looking forward to the new year!!

I fell off the band wagon and stopped dieting however i've managed to keep the weight lost originally off.

I really like the atkins diet however i don't think i could stay away from carbs forever so my friend suggested i join slimming world with her.

Has anyone tried this diet? Does it work and is the types of food your allowed easy to stick to if your on the go a lot?

Thanks
Carb Lover Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Hey,
Congrats on making the choice to get back on track!! I've lost 3stones on slimming world and to be honest with you I love the plan! You don't need to cut foods out, it's literally just balancing the foods. But my favourite parts are firstly the fact that you can have unlimited amounts of certain foods (in some ways it's similar to atkins eg cold cuts) Secondly the group sessions are inspiring, reassuring and motivational. We have a thread in this section for slimming world, you might find some more info on there!
Give it a try. I really love my group, my food and the fact that I'm always losing weight
good luck!!
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

My daughter has done slimming world if you look at the website you can see sample meal plans for the red and green days. You can eat LOADS check out the before and after pics. Inspirational I'd go for sure!

Last edited by cat90; 01-01-2010 at 11:43 PM.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:31 AM   #4  
SW Amateur

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Question Am i doing Slimming World right so far?

Hey girls, i JUST started Slimming World today. I have chosen to have a green day, and for breakfast i made a fritatta using mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, fry light, and 4 eggs, nothing else. I'm planning on having a baked potato with beans for lunch. I'm assuming that's ok for a green day? I'm finding it quite confusing
MissJekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:11 AM   #5  

Hi MissJekyll- that sounds absolutely fine. Totaaly free on a green day (I would have to use an A choice and have some cheese on that Frittata but that's just me- I'm a cheese addict! lol)
laura2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 299lbs

Height: 4' 11"

I do the Slimming World Diet and I only do Green Days.

I think it's an excellent plan, and it's so versatile, you can eat so much that you just don't think you will lose weight - but you do!!!

I can't praise it enough.

Donnie x
Donnie46 is offline   Reply With Quote