UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #1  

Default Anyone else doing.......

the Paul McKenna "I can make you thin" programme. I am just about to start it and would like to know what others think to it.
brijjy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #2  

I did that one a number of years back. So did almost everyone in my family.

The CD was great for relaxing and working on your breathing. In fact I fell asleep to it a couple of times. So did my Dad when he did it.

The book was interesting to start with, however after a while it seemed to just keep saying the same thing over and over.

I did enjoy it though, but I'm still fat and so is everyone in my family, so I guess that says it all.

I would say to give it a try as there were good things in it.
TheTigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:37 AM   #3  
Hopeless but harmless

Height: 5'5"

Yes me. I am on a healthy eating, slow weight loss program under my doctor after messing up my metabolism with years of fad diets.

I have done relaxation and visualisation exercises since the 80's so I was interested in his book. Like Tigz said, the book is repetative and a bit boring, but the CD is wonderful. Don't worry if you drop off to sleep when listening to it, we absorb information when we are asleep although we don't realize we are doing it.

I use the CD as a sort of belt and braces back up it is keeping me on the straight and narrow.
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:46 AM   #4  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

I listened to the CD 2 times.
I wouldn't say that it's not relaxing but I just feel his voice is kinda creepy. LOL.
I feel really scared when listening to his voice and it's like listening to a chant or something. So i stopped.
But I heard good results from some people using it ^_^ So give it a try if you like.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 231/174/159

Height: 5'7'

Hiya, Im just starting it too, have had enough of diets, if you wana chat or compare notes that'd be great, good luck with it!
Scalehopper is offline   Reply With Quote