UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 07:58 PM   #1  

Angry Introduction

Hi everyone, i just thought i would introduce myself as i am new to this forum.
I am 41 and weigh over half my age
My daughter has just got engaged and i am determined to lose weight for the wedding which will probably be next spring. I know i won't be able to lose it all, but 4 or 5 stone would be nice.
Has anyone else got over 10 stone to lose? Perhaps you can tell me how you keep going.
I look forward to the giving and recieving of encouragement and the sharing of ups and downs.
My 2 sister and i are getting weighed tomorrow (Monday) at the start of our determined effort. This time i will succeed
Old 06-30-2002, 09:43 PM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi and welcome F+40 Glad to meet you, have you got a real name? This is a fantastic group, all the girls are great...I too re start tomorrow, cos I have a big fat tummy again, and I don't like it. Good luck to you, I shall be thinking of you and everyone else for a really great weeek. We can do it

Chris.
Old 07-01-2002, 03:46 AM   #3  

Hi,

Welcome to the group - i have about 8 stone to loose having currently lost just over a stone and then got myself stuck on a see saw of loosing/gaining the same half stone. I have tried various plans but found that slimming world works for me so i have just restarted their plan although, at the moment, i dont have time to attend classes so rely on motivation from the girls here who are great.

Are you following any particular plan?
Keep in touch and i am sure you will enjoy it here.

Tracy
Old 07-01-2002, 08:01 AM   #4  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

hello, f+40 welcome aboard. I am 41 and have lost between 4 and a half and 5 stone, i probably need to lose another 3-4 stone but it is so long since I have been slim that I have no idea what i am aiming for.
Just trying to get slimmer and healthier at the moment.
Monday again so determined to carry on and lose, lose ,lose!!
Old 07-01-2002, 09:12 AM   #5  

Hi Fat!!

Welcome to the board I have exactly 8 stone and 9 pounds to lose oh dear god I really want to just get to a normal size though size 18 would do! My highest weight was 20 st 7 so you are not alone round here.

Ali (Posy) who posts here has lost a lot of weight 160 pounds in fact she has a website if you want to take a look.

click here!
Old 07-01-2002, 02:38 PM   #6  

Well, my sisters & I got weighed this morning. At 23 stone i am a couple of pounds less than i thought i would be We are following the Slimming World plan, though none of us can afford to attend a class. We have done it before so have all the 'bumf'. We have set first targets of 5% of our weight. It's going to be a long week!!!

Click the link to follow our progress: HOMEPAGE
Old 07-01-2002, 07:26 PM   #7  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Fat, not sure if your real name is margeret, diane or susan? Any of them? LOL! Great web page, good luck with it, day one over and done with, congrats to you for starting, I did start, all went well until this afternoon and I got bored, sat and watched a movie and ate crisps...bad me!!! I will endevour to be good again tomorrow, loved your poetry by the way
Chris.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:34 PM   #8  

Im susan! Thanks Chris for looking at the web page, originaly we were going to keep it private, but personally i feel that if i know others might look at it, it will keep me going. Glad you liked the poetry. Survived day 1 with my diet in tact.
Susan.
Old 07-02-2002, 01:21 AM   #9  
emerging from my cocoon

Hi Susan

Welcome aboard - I'm Gill, nearly 40 and I am currently 18st 6lb. My highest ever was 21 stones but I started at 19 this time. I have no idea how much weight I intend to lose. I can't let myself think too far ahead as it just becomes unmanageable.
Sometimes it's too hard to think beyond the day I am in.
You have made a brave step with the accountability of the website - well done!
Old 07-02-2002, 06:33 AM   #10  

Hi all

I did ok with food yesterday had some wine though I have pasta salad to eat for lunch and have bought lots of fruit.
Old 07-02-2002, 08:29 AM   #11  

Well done judith! i always knew you could do it.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:05 AM   #12  
diva of the diet

Yes she can do It, come on judith we have faith in you!!

Michelle, the rhubarb and beetroot queen!!
Old 07-03-2002, 08:37 AM   #13  

I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT

Last edited by veggie; 07-03-2002 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-03-2002, 11:16 AM   #14  
diva of the diet

I think you are on the right lines there Veggie!!
Old 07-03-2002, 04:51 PM   #15  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Hi Susan

I'm Ali who Veggie mentioned in an earlier post....I haven't had time to check out the boards over the past couple of weeks and this is the first time I have managed to get here and really spend some time...I have just finished looking through your webpage.
I have to say I think you have done a great job with the page and as you so rightly said once you made it public it does give you that extra bit of incentive to stay strong. it is amazing how much support it can bring you...
I did pretty much the same thing when I started my own weight Loss journey 16 months ago. I built my own page for my benefit although I did make it public I never imagined it would give me as much support as it has done.
That web page and the great friends I have made from this site has got me to where I am today. My starting weight was 25 stone 4lbs... I am not at my goal weight yet, but I am now only 3 1/2 stone away from it. The difference in me is totally unbelievable not only in how I look but how I feel. It really has been the best thing I have ever done...I only wish now I had done it years ago.
Have faith in yourself Susan, some days you will find it hard, that is when you need to keep reading that poem, accept any slips you make then put them behind you...one mistake does not mean you have failed, it just means you will take a little longer to reach your goal...come back and post here regularly, the girls here are always ready with words of encouragement and support and the one thing I can guarantee is that whatever they say it always comes from the heart...everyone is here for exactly the same reason...we all know how difficult and depressing it can get at times, but there is always someone here who has felt exactly the same things you are feeling and can tell you how they got through it.

I have bookmarked your webpage and I will keep checking in to see how you are all doing

Good Luck

Ali
Closed Thread